Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

ITV just said on the 6pm news a pre arrival test into the UK will be required…

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ITV just said on the 6pm news a pre arrival test into the UK will be required…

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2021, 12:23 pm

Programs: BA Gold, etc. etc.
Originally Posted by darthlemsip
Excellent, thank you - just popped into CVS and have purchased an Abbot one
Hi, Abbott's BinaxNOW test available from CVS may not be the same as the Abbott test on that list. Could you please let us know whether BinaxNOW is deemed acceptable by Klarity and you managed to get them to issue the certificate?
Old Dec 6, 2021, 12:40 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Topcashback have currently got 7.7% on ExpressTest - there's also a discount code that probably won't stack with that for LFTs LGWBTT2 - and I think there's a BA discount code too. Just in case useful.
Arsey00 likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 12:43 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
I doubt Klarity are all that bothered which test you use btw, they'll have low cost hires somewhere checking the lines on the photo and pressing a button to generate a report. It's easy free money.
adrianlondon likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 1:13 pm

Programs: GGL
Originally Posted by travellingwigbury
I asked the T&T folk as well as calling 119 and scouring the gov,uk website when I was in isolation at the end of October, and found no info whatsoever regarding having to take a PCR test within 90 days of having COVID (as the T&T people told me not to get tested within that period!).

I called again when the PCR-on-arrival rule was brought in as I'm heading to the US tomorrow, and the woman requested a callback, but I've heard nothing yet. Am just keeping my fingers crossed that it comes back negative.
The more I think about it for the return Day-2 PCR the answer has to be that as long as you have a NHS Recovery Pass then you don't need to isolate if indeed you still show positive as someone who had Covid. This is not written anywhere, but has to be the case. As you say, NHS advise is to not get tested, and the Recovery Pass is proof you have.. recovered. I am not sure how this work with a child, given they do not get a Recovery Pass from the NHS...

I also am still looking how to get on a plane to country where you need pre-departure PCR.. I think Recovery Pass alone, or in combination with a letter (one needs 'Documentation of Recovery' > is NHS Recovery Pass sufficient?) might work.
travellingwigbury likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 1:17 pm

Programs: BA Gold
this is annoying Im currently in NYC and flying back on BA116 tomorrow if anyone currently in NY trying to find a test provider i can highly reccomend ClearMD on 18th &6th 85 usd for antigen test with certificate within 30 min most other options look around 300 bucks
biscuitbiscuit likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by bisonrav
I doubt Klarity are all that bothered which test you use btw, they'll have low cost hires somewhere checking the lines on the photo and pressing a button to generate a report. It's easy free money.
That would be my guess too but I'd rather have it confirmed through first-hand experience if possible.

BTW Klarity sent me their very extensive list of EU-approved tests:
https://antigentest.bfarm.de/ords/f?...172571611:::::

Even assuming that BinaxNOW is acceptable to them, it still costs $25 a pop from CVS/Walgreens vs €3-4 in the EU for any of those tests, several of which are made by US firms lol
Old Dec 6, 2021, 2:38 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Nandos
Originally Posted by London Dude
That would be my guess too but I'd rather have it confirmed through first-hand experience if possible.

BTW Klarity sent me their very extensive list of EU-approved tests:
https://antigentest.bfarm.de/ords/f?...172571611:::::

Even assuming that BinaxNOW is acceptable to them, it still costs $25 a pop from CVS/Walgreens vs €3-4 in the EU for any of those tests, several of which are made by US firms lol
Sorry this Klarity thing is new to me.... do we need to get certificates specifically, even after uploading tests to e.g. Excalibur's site?
Old Dec 6, 2021, 2:42 pm

Programs: BA Silver, HHilton Gold, *wood Gold and BA Amex Prem Plus
I’m travelling to Switzerland, which requires either a PCR or lateral flow (supervised) 4-7 days after arrival.

I’m only in Switzerland for 5 days. Does anyone know whether it is possible to use the same lateral flow to meet both the Swiss requirements and the new UK pre-flight requirement?

many thanks
Old Dec 6, 2021, 2:46 pm

Programs: BA Gold, VS Silver
Originally Posted by jonas123
hmmm - can you use one of the NHS test kits and just buy a certificate from this site?
I’m amazed no one has set up a website offering this before, given the number of cowboys and chancers who have been drawn to covid testing.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 2:55 pm

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Originally Posted by London Dude
Even assuming that BinaxNOW is acceptable to them, it still costs $25 a pop from CVS/Walgreens
Just bought 2 for $26 on Freemont street in Walgreens Las Vegas. Will klarity it and see how we go.
Silver Fox likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by sunshinebob
Just bought 2 for $26 on Freemont street in Walgreens Las Vegas. Will klarity it and see how we go.
Please be sure to keep us posted. I'd really like to know if Klarity accepts it
Silver Fox likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 3:24 pm

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mattjam
I’m travelling to Switzerland, which requires either a PCR or lateral flow (supervised) 4-7 days after arrival.

I’m only in Switzerland for 5 days. Does anyone know whether it is possible to use the same lateral flow to meet both the Swiss requirements and the new UK pre-flight requirement?

many thanks
I would say yes. Don’t forget the day 2 post arrival UK test too as you need the code for the PLF.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 3:32 pm

Programs: BA GGL, AA PLT, VS-curious

many thanks
You'll take your day four (or five) test within the two days prior to your return to the UK so as long as whoever you choose provides a certificate you should be fine. I know from real life experience that this works when entering the US, I can't imagine why it wouldn't here.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 4:04 pm

Perfectly fine.

Do note you need a PCR test done before you can board your flight to Switzerland, and a "day 2" PCR test booked (and entered on the PLF) before you fly back. Assuming "back" is the UK.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 4:25 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR; TK Elite; ITA Executive; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
As promised I’m feeding back.

Currently enjoying a glass of Prosecco in the Plaza Premium lounge at GIG (yes - Admirals is still shut but apparently BA has an agreement with Premium Plaza).

Was only “verbally” asked at check in if I had a vaccination certificate, a PLF and a Covid test done 48 hours before the flight - weird. Was never asked to show anything.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.