Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Pre-Christmas London Drinks : Friday 17 December 2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 19, 2021, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: aks120

Venue
Now confirmed:

Dial Arch
Riverside
The Warren Royal Arsenal
No 1 St
London
SE18 6GH
Click for a Map

We should have some space set aside for us and to keep us away from the normal folk

This is in the wilds of zone 4 Nearest station is the DLR Woolwich Arsenal, and this is also served by Thameslink (from St Pancras, Blackfriars, and London Bridge) and Southeastern (from London Cannon Street)

There won't be any food provided as part of the Do, but the bar does have a bar snacks and food menu which you can order from if you need some nibbles.

Hotels
Current sales
Any sales for London hotels to be listed here

Attendees - updated to post 4

Confirmed (6):
KARFA, Teledude, gliderpilot, megaloman, wilsnunn

Possibles (2):
Woodbinerich
SarahWest

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2021, 1:50 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond

Hi. Back again after a break due the pandemic, it is the December pre-Christmas drinks in London. Like previous pre-Christmas drinks this will basically be a venue, date, and time. We are going for the evening of Friday 17 December. Hopefully this should allow both those local to London to come and those from the regions to come down.

Start will be at 6pm, but come whenever you like during the evening. Just turn up when you can, there will be people partying until closing!

This is a new venue for us near Woolwich Arsenal - zone 4 and south of the river so make sure your travel insurance is up to date! It is already booked thanks to teledude and we should have an area to ourselves.

I realise that many will have various Christmas events so may not be able to come, but hopefully some will be able to and we can have a good night.

This is the first Do in the UK since covid started so it really would be great to see as many people as possible. Whether you are an old familiar face, or a first timer, you will be warmly welcomed
Old Nov 19, 2021, 1:55 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I hope it's more East Greenwich than West Thamesmead, but I guess beggars can't always be choosers....
aks120, angeloedades and squawk like this.
Old Nov 19, 2021, 1:58 pm
Original Poster

Well I think we have all got used to more risky travel these days so hopefully it doesn't put anyone off
Old Nov 19, 2021, 4:13 pm

Programs: Mucci, Diamond Status & on the Supreme Council des Conseillers, BA Ag, Bonvoy GFL/Plat, xVS Au
Awesome, thanks Karfa and Teledude. Looking forward to it!

Also, as another travel option, the Thames Clippers go that far out. Last one back (teminating at the London Eye) departs 2120 (slightly early but maybe an option for the way there).

Regards,

Gliderpilot
KARFA and Arsey00 like this.

Last edited by gliderpilot; Nov 19, 2021 at 4:21 pm
Old Nov 19, 2021, 5:38 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, HH Diamond, Hertz PC,
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I hope it's more East Greenwich than West Thamesmead, but I guess beggars can't always be choosers....
Definitely West Thamesmead, just down the road from HMP Thameside if anyone needs overnight accommodation
Old Nov 19, 2021, 6:09 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Avis President
Good if you work in Docklands...not so good if you don't...
Old Nov 19, 2021, 7:11 pm

Programs: BA GGL, AA PLT, VS-curious
I'll be about halfway to LAX that evening, but I promise to raise a glass at a suitable time. Sorry I'm going to miss it!
Old Nov 19, 2021, 7:27 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Diamond, IHG Diamond
Was gutted to miss the last one as was round the corner from my old office. Will hopefully make this one though
Old Nov 19, 2021, 11:24 pm

Programs: FB Silver, BA Gold; BW Diamond Select, Hilton Diamond
Red face

Originally Posted by Arsey00
I'll be about halfway to LAX that evening, but I promise to raise a glass at a suitable time. Sorry I'm going to miss it!
Karfa, what type of alarm device should Arsey00 use to wake up at the suitable time?

I loved the 2019 event but will also be in CA this year. See you next year!
Arsey00 likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2021, 1:58 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

And for the idiots like me who read the post 10 times looking for the actual venue... You need to open the Wiki, and all will be revealed
aks120, yellow_peril and Arsey00 like this.
Old Nov 20, 2021, 2:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Chris_G
Good if you work in Docklands...not so good if you don't...
My journey is around 190 miles, starting at Thorne North if you need to know. If I can make it, I am sure those in London can make it even though it's not in central London

On a serious point, I realise this isn't central London but we were struggling to get somewhere in central London where they were willing to set aside a space for us without a hefty deposit. This venue isn't in central London, but it is right next to the DLR, and you can get Thameslink (from St Pancras, Blackfriars, and London Bridge) and Southeastern (from London Cannon Street) which stop at Woolwich Arsenal too. So I hope most people can make it anyway and come and join in to this first post pandemic UK Do, and I hope to see you there too
Old Nov 20, 2021, 2:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
And for the idiots like me who read the post 10 times looking for the actual venue... You need to open the Wiki, and all will be revealed
The venue will be revealed by a series of clues, each leading to a new location in London where you get your next clue eventually taking you to the Do.

Or you can look at the wiki
gliderpilot and Arsey00 like this.
Old Nov 20, 2021, 3:48 am

Sadly I won't be able to make this one, but well done and thank you to the organisers for finding somewhere to host the first post-pandemic DO. I hope it goes well!
Old Nov 20, 2021, 4:11 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
Thanks KARFA and Teledude - I will be there!

And I am coming from Lincoln - where the venue is matters not, it is about meeting fellow travellers - unless of course you live in London and then it becomes too far to travel

Hopefully I will get to see old and new friends.

Regards

aks120
Old Nov 20, 2021, 4:19 am

Programs: BAGGL, A3G, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, LHW Sterling
Will try to pop along! Rich

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.