Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Avios on Aer Lingus

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2021, 10:02 am
Original Poster

BA Avios on Aer Lingus

Forgive me if this is answer elsewhere. How do I redeemed BA Avios for a flight from Boston to ireland on aer lingus? I’ve seen people post about it but it doesn’t show up ever as an option through my booking portal on BA. Thanks in advance.
Old Nov 5, 2021, 10:26 am

Programs: Chevalier de la Gallentrie - Knight of the Platinum Hair Brush, BA Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Bdubs01
Forgive me if this is answer elsewhere. How do I redeemed BA Avios for a flight from Boston to ireland on aer lingus? I’ve seen people post about it but it doesn’t show up ever as an option through my booking portal on BA. Thanks in advance.
Unless someone more knowledgeable gives you a different answer, the only method I am aware of is that you need to have a separate avois.com account registered to the same address as your BA account, and you can then transfer avios freely between accounts (using the combine my avios feature in BAEC manage my account). You need to book the flights via avios.com for Aer Lingus.

I think Head For Points has good guide on how to do this if you google search it.

Booking Aer Lingus flights - I think you can do this with BA but need to call up.
Old Nov 5, 2021, 10:45 am

It used to be the case that calling BA would see you paying lower taxes & fees than booking via aerlingus.com Avios portal, not sure if still true!
Old Nov 5, 2021, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by Bdubs01
You can book Aer Lingus flights using the Avios in your BA Exec club acc by calling BA. They can tell you if there’s redemption seats. Alternatively, set up an Aer Lingus AerClub account and you can transfer freely between it & Exec Club one the details (name, email, home address) match exactly. You can then log into avios.com using your AerClub details and book the EI flight.

I’m pretty sure there’s a slight difference in taxes (not a huge amount ex DUB but not sure ex USA) if you book via BA or book via avios.com

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.