Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Unrecognised CW layout [77L with seats missing]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Unrecognised CW layout [77L with seats missing]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2021, 5:38 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Volare Executive / Skyteam Elite+
Originally Posted by mmxbreaks
It's the same with CPT in a booking I have. Seats allocated. Aircraft now showing as "-", so likely subject to change/cancellation in near future.
ditto, CPT for June, also noticed flight time changed by ~45 mins too.

SA not having a good time of it, but selfishly I'd rather a cancellation than being pushed on to an old-style CW (the can's been kicked along for almost 2yrs since booking if it's delayed again). Surprised they're doing anything this far out though.
Old Dec 14, 2021, 7:01 am
gms

Programs: BA Gold / GfL, Hilton Diamond
I've also had an issue with a booking to Vancouver at the end of May 2022. Outbound seems to now show as being operated by a 777 (inbound changed to A380), but seat map showing on MMB is weird. Rows 2,5,6 & 7 showing. I was originally in 1K (row 1 no longer showing), but ended up in 2F. Not sure if it's worth calling in to get moved back to 1K, or if MMB will fix itself soon. Expert Flyer shows a normal seatmap.
Old Dec 14, 2021, 7:06 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
There have been a few other posts about this in recent weeks. The short version being that MMB doesn't always work after an aircraft equipment change, but Contact Centres can allocated seating. Also the seating is visible on ExpertFlyer and other sites such as Royal Jordanian.
Old Dec 15, 2021, 3:47 am
gms

Programs: BA Gold / GfL, Hilton Diamond
I know that you can view bookings via other airlines' Manage My Booking options, but do any other websites allow you to change a seat assignment for a BA flight?

I can't do this on BA.com, since it doesn't show the rows. The current call centre wait times are just ridiculous and I'd rather not block the phone lines for people who have more urgent matters. BA Twitter team seems to not respond either.
Old Dec 26, 2021, 2:21 pm

777 club suite seat map

Hello folks. Got a flight booked on a 777 and the seat map appears to be club suite - 4 across and all forward facing. The row numbers appear a bit strange - there's a row 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, then the next cabin is 10-14.
Anyone thoughts on whats happened to rows 1 and 4?
Old Dec 26, 2021, 3:07 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
That seems odd. Are you able to upload a screenshot of what you're seeing? Also, where are you seeing it? The BA site or somewhere else?
Old Dec 26, 2021, 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by golfmad
That seems odd. Are you able to upload a screenshot of what you're seeing? Also, where are you seeing it? The BA site or somewhere else?

Thanks for replying, this is what I see in the BA app and on ba.com
Old Dec 26, 2021, 3:21 pm

Programs: BA GGLfL, ex-EK IO, IC Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador, Amex Centurion
I have the same seat map on ba.com for a 777 flight from Denver.
Old Dec 26, 2021, 3:27 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I think there were some past reports of people who have seen missing rows on seat maps after there was an equipment change from their original booking. Aerolopa has the best collection of seating plans, and other seats are selectable by contact centre staff if MMB doesn't get you access to available seats.
Old Dec 26, 2021, 3:29 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by Mater
Thanks for replying, this is what I see in the BA app and on ba.com
Very odd. It would be interesting to check what ExpertFlyer says about that flight. Do you have access to the seat map in ExpertFlyer? If not if you want to provide the flight details I'll check it for you and post the results here.
Old Dec 26, 2021, 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I think there were some past reports of people who have seen missing rows on seat maps after there was an equipment change from their original booking. Aerolopa has the best collection of seating plans, and other seats are selectable by contact centre staff if MMB doesn't get you access to available seats.
Thanks for replying. It has been an aircraft change from A380. Was more curious than it being a problem. Thanks
Old Dec 26, 2021, 3:32 pm

Very odd. It would be interesting to check what ExpertFlyer says about that flight. Do you have access to the seat map in ExpertFlyer? If not if you want to provide the flight details I'll check it for you and post the results here.
thanks - I'll check that out
Old Dec 26, 2021, 9:08 pm

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
Expert Flyer shows the correct seat map, but MMB has indeed been broken like this for several months on routes which were switched to 3 class 777 w/ CW suites such as PHX or DEN.
golfmad and Mater like this.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 6:27 am

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
I’ve just checked in for my LAS flight tomorrow. Rows 1 and 3 were missing. I was in row 5 so moved to row 2 using MMB - but somehow ended up in row 4. Now MMB shows no rows at all so I can’t change. I’ll see if I can be moved to row 2 tomorrow, or perhaps MMB will magically fix itself once check in officially opens for the LAS flight at 1610.
Old Jan 12, 2022, 9:30 am

Which aircraft was it in the end? 77L? I’m flying to San Fran in a couple weeks and my seat has been reallocated as 4E and isn’t showing on the seat map. The seat map is only showing 5-7, 10-14 as club.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.