Wiki Posts
Search

Schedule change options

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2021, 3:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA
Schedule change options

I have an avios 2-4-1 booking which returns from Dubai in first on 26th feb next year. When we originally booked it the flight the flight departed Dubai at 14:00 but has now been moved to 10:20.

Without going into too much detail this isn’t really ideal for us. You first have said there is no space in first the following day so we’re considering downgrading to club. I did wonder though if BA would re-route me on Qatar and we would fly DXB-DOH-LHR and whether they would put us in first? Same origin and destination and same class and not sure we’d ever get the opportunity again - or is this not within the realms of the schedule change policy?
Old Oct 24, 2021, 3:58 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Absolutely near zero chance you will be rebooked on to QR if it’s just a time change rather than a cancellation.

For a schedule change you can move up to -2/+2 days (from memory) and you just need any space in the cabin, no need for reward availability. I did have a look at 27 February and unfortunately only one flight has first and there is no space as it’s currently showing F0 A0.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2021, 1:48 am

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Originally Posted by KARFA
Absolutely near zero chance you will be rebooked on to QR if it’s just a time change rather than a cancellation.

For a schedule change you can move up to -2/+2 days (from memory) and you just need any space in the cabin, no need for reward availability. I did have a look at 27 February and unfortunately only one flight has first and there is no space as it’s currently showing F0 A0.
Are schedule changes not 4 or 5 hours now? I thought it had been changed from the 2 hours or whatever it was.
Old Oct 25, 2021, 1:52 am

Originally Posted by KeaneJohn
Are schedule changes not 4 or 5 hours now? I thought it had been changed from the 2 hours or whatever it was.
4 hours is just the threshold for refunds. Changes up to -2/+2 are available for any time change.
Old Oct 25, 2021, 2:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA
The part that intrigued me in the policy wording was "Option 2 - rebook joint business".

Is that referring to other Oneworld airlines or more specifically a route where BA operates a codeshare flight? If it's the latter then i imagine i'll come a little stuck on the DXB - DOH section.
KARFA likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2021, 2:32 am

Originally Posted by SD93
The part that intrigued me in the policy wording was "Option 2 - rebook joint business".

Is that referring to other Oneworld airlines or more specifically a route where BA operates a codeshare flight? If it's the latter then i imagine i'll come a little stuck on the DXB - DOH section.
Yes well spotted. So if your booking was LHR-DOH that would be a joint business route with QR so option 2 might be available. Joint business is another step up from codeshares, so strictly speaking having a codeshare does not mean it is a joint business route. And I agree I suspect LHR-DXB is not a joint business route with QR so I suspect option 2 wouldn't apply here - there may not even be BA codeshares on the QR DOH-DXB route.

By all means have a go and call and ask, you never know they may do it although I am not sure the policy allows it.
Old Oct 25, 2021, 2:34 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
I think joint business refers to agreements they have with the likes of AA for transatlantic flights. That may offer a wider dgree of flexibility on some routes than you would get from DXB.

They may have one with QR for DOH but I doubt DXB would be covered
Old Oct 25, 2021, 2:41 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by KARFA
there may not even be BA codeshares on the QR DOH-DXB route.
Indeed there are none. That's a regulated market.
KARFA likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.