Wiki Posts
Search

Ticketing Desk at LHR

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2021, 3:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH Diamond.
Ticketing Desk at LHR

I have a ticket booked that has ended up bring classed as a reward booking (it had an avios upgrade which has been removed)

I want to change it to another flight same day or maybe the day before so i land early enough to get my Global entry interview , but cannot online, and after many hours holding it was sent for re-pricing on monday and i have not heard back.

I will be driving past LHR today, Is there a desk in T5 where i can get this sorted out?

Thanks
Old Oct 22, 2021, 4:01 am

Programs: BA Pyrite
I think there's always somebody capable of doing ticketing in the First Wing. Blue name badge if I recall correctly, though if you ask I'd hope somebody can find an appropriate person.
stewaran likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2021, 4:56 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
You may find an agent at T5 able to help, but the role has now been removed from T5, unless the ticket is easy enough that the agent can do it on their tablets. And from the vague hints mentioned in the first post - plus the fact that this is FT Land - I bet it's not a straightforward booking! So you would be best to keep pressing the re-dial button if you want certainty, and if you can live with risk, try to do it on the day. God help BA if there is a computer outage at the moment, even a minor one could result in thousands of problems.
Old Oct 22, 2021, 7:09 am

Keep trying to call. My experience with cancelling a flight with an Avios upgrade was being bounced between the regular 'commercial booking' line and the Executive Club line. This was particularly annoying on the second cancellation as the Avios had been removed and refunded on the first change, but with the second change the booking still carried the notion that it was an 'Avios booking' and the same nonsense happened until I insisted that 'commercial' deal with it. Surprisingly, it was the India call center that sorted it out on both occasions.
When I hadn't received confirmation after a few days, I called again and they told me that it had gone to ticketing for pricing and that I would get confirmation, which I did.
Old Oct 22, 2021, 11:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
You may find an agent at T5 able to help, but the role has now been removed from T5, unless the ticket is easy enough that the agent can do it on their tablets. And from the vague hints mentioned in the first post - plus the fact that this is FT Land - I bet it's not a straightforward booking! So you would be best to keep pressing the re-dial button if you want certainty, and if you can live with risk, try to do it on the day. God help BA if there is a computer outage at the moment, even a minor one could result in thousands of problems.
Thanks for the reply, didn't see it until I was in T5 :-)

Found a very helpful manager at check in, who was able to phone the gold line internally with no wait, and got it sorted
They were able to see the pricing from last Monday and honered it as they could see it was an error by the operator. Which was great as or had gone up by £700 since!

To be fair it should have been a simple booking as it was a cash booking upgraded with avios, but the voucher scuppered it, by combining the UUA and the base ticket and making them inseparable.

All.sorted now, fingers crossed I can get by global entry sorted on arrival.
Old Oct 22, 2021, 11:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by godfreyb
Keep trying to call. My experience with cancelling a flight with an Avios upgrade was being bounced between the regular 'commercial booking' line and the Executive Club line. This was particularly annoying on the second cancellation as the Avios had been removed and refunded on the first change, but with the second change the booking still carried the notion that it was an 'Avios booking' and the same nonsense happened until I insisted that 'commercial' deal with it. Surprisingly, it was the India call center that sorted it out on both occasions.
When I hadn't received confirmation after a few days, I called again and they told me that it had gone to ticketing for pricing and that I would get confirmation, which I did.
Very similar experience, sadly I wasn't as lucky with the operator (s) I spoke with
Old Oct 23, 2021, 8:56 am

Originally Posted by stewaran
Thanks for the reply, didn't see it until I was in T5 :-)

They were able to see the pricing from last Monday and honered it as they could see it was an error by the operator. Which was great as or had gone up by £700 since!
This reminds me, after the first time I rebooked I noticed that there was a price discrepancy, because there had been a price increase by the time ticketing dealt with it. The second time I rebooked I made a point of asking them to ensure ticketing invoiced it at the time of making the reservation, which they honored.
stewaran likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.