Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why doesn’t MCO have a lounge?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2022, 6:39 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Originally Posted by South London Bon Viveur
There was certainly no lounge last time I was there, but I do wonder whether it is actually that low yield.....I have no idea, but there seemed to be quite a few business travellers the times that I have flown there (albeit often on Corporate jollies, so presumably not in Premium cabins).
Orlando is not just a holiday destination, it is the world centre for my industry and I often go there in business for work reasons. It's also the second largest conference venue in the usa behind Las Vegas so there are often national and international conferences there.. Cw seats are mostly full when we go although there are low numbers of high exec club status members on it. Our next flight has just been moved to the C terminal and I assume BA will make arrangements for lounge access with a 3rd party just as they do now at terminal B.
crazy8534 and SxMan like this.
Old Aug 19, 2022, 8:13 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by firstlight
Orlando is not just a holiday destination, it is the world centre for my industry and I often go there in business for work reasons. It's also the second largest conference venue in the usa behind Las Vegas so there are often national and international conferences there.. Cw seats are mostly full when we go although there are low numbers of high exec club status members on it. Our next flight has just been moved to the C terminal and I assume BA will make arrangements for lounge access with a 3rd party just as they do now at terminal B.
Fully agree. Orlando is arguably the most popular US destination for large customer or internal conferences - in my sector (energy) Las Vegas is often blacklisted. O&G giants won't host there due to making it almost impossible to attract middle eastern customers.

The hotel availability is huge, and virtually all of them have a huge income stream from hosting conferences. I go to at least 2 conferences a year hosted in Orlando.

I typically route through MIA from LHR. But pre-COVID made use of LGW-MCO quite a lot. All J class paid by company.
mikeyfly likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2022, 12:27 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club, AA FF
From my last experience, the MCO lounge was not so good. It is in Terminal B. I thought I was only one whose shoes stuck to floor, and then I saw it on other reviews. Here is the hyperlink https://theclubairportlounges.com/co...tional-airport
BA J/F can access, but can be quite crowded and there is most often a queue for PP holders, who have put on waiting lists for access. I see people go in grab something to drink and wait for flight by the gate and prefer it. Have to admit, I did that myself one time, I just couldn't take the noise and crowd. The lounge employees do try, but it like like swimming against the tide and I think they just tired and fed up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.