Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Thoughts on the professionalism of this BA Cabin Crew job advert?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thoughts on the professionalism of this BA Cabin Crew job advert?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2021, 5:47 pm

Programs: QF WP
Originally Posted by flybymonkey
Does anyone know how BA cabin crew salaries and benefits compare to that of other airlines?

I hit the apply button and there are over 10 pages of questions to test the applicants suitability for the role playing scenarios.
my understanding is they’re broadly comparable to other legacy carriers especially when coat of living is taken into account. As is the case with many/most legacy carriers though (although not BA since EF/WW was abolished), the newly recruited salary does not compare well with legacy legacy crew (eg QF has experienced CC of 20+ years experience on $140-150k a year, the new starters come in on about $50k and there isn’t much advancement)
flybymonkey likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 7:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Not sure another discussion dissecting crews wages and terms is required….

They’ll be no shortage of applicants I’m sure and for a lot of folk who do it for a year or two they’ll probably love it
Indeed.

The days of BA cabin crew having to be competent in delivering silver service while talking in a Surrey accent are gone.

Last edited by HIDDY; Oct 20, 2021 at 7:39 pm
Old Oct 20, 2021, 7:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by EJetter
In that case you need this job listing (or this one if CityFlyer is your thing).
My missus says I'm too old!!
Old Oct 20, 2021, 11:41 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Originally Posted by HIDDY
My missus says I'm too old!!
I was recently served by an excellent CC member in CW who was in their late 50s and who had joined BA just before the pandemic to see the world. Glad to see that age isn't a problem for BA applicants
SK, T8191, mikeyfly and 4 others like this.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 11:43 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL
Originally Posted by eagle4121
We encourage and welcome individuals from all walks of life to apply and help shape the future of the airline, everyone is welcome at British Airways.
Yes, the comma spice is dreadfully unprofessional! We should immediately complain to Sean Doyle and ask for 100,000 Avios!
Old Oct 21, 2021, 12:42 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by eagle4121
Apply now to work with the only UK airline to offer long and short-haul flight routes across our network of global destinations. From Barbados to Berlin, British Airways cabin crew access more cities than any other airline.
Originally Posted by Schwann
Really?
Yes, BA crew will get to visit more cities than any other UK employer of cabin crew, surely?
Old Oct 21, 2021, 1:02 am

Programs: BA; IHG; LHW; Hilton
RP only hete

Indeed.

The days of BA cabin crew having to be competent in delivering silver service while talking in a Surrey accent are gone.
we don’t have any accent in Surrey 😜🤩
1Aturnleft, T8191, Cymro and 4 others like this.
Old Oct 21, 2021, 1:07 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Starship73
Yes, BA crew will get to visit more cities than any other UK employer of cabin crew, surely?
I'd have thought Ryanair and EasyJet flew to more cities than BA?
Old Oct 21, 2021, 1:23 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Indeed.

Is "full fat coke" a thing again then?
And the "what wines are loaded today" will progress no further than red or white?
Old Oct 21, 2021, 2:07 am

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
The crew don’t get off the aircraft though
paulieuk and EDIwanderer like this.
Old Oct 21, 2021, 2:31 am

The basic starting salary for a hospital porter in London is £22,478 (with no disrespect to those hard working staff) but a basic of £16,000 - really ?
pacenotes and nancypants like this.
Old Oct 21, 2021, 5:55 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by DelTroon
The basic starting salary for a hospital porter in London is £22,478 (with no disrespect to those hard working staff) but a basic of £16,000 - really ?
£16k is below full-time minimum wage, so I presume there's no performance element to getting substantially beyond that, and it's just a slightly odd pay structure.
Old Oct 21, 2021, 6:13 am

I'm yer man BA....

I was until I saw this ''This vacancy is for experienced crew ONLY.''
https://careers.ba.com/job/heathrow/...48/16216377568

This is the one for non previous flyers LHR based.
Don't let age be a deterrent if you are seriously considering it. One thing positive about BA (at least for crew community ) is the diversity of people we have, some first jobs some career change and some rejoining after retirement, from all fields and walks of life.

Job itself - the lifestyle can be addictive. So as long as you are not put off by the renumeration, and actually considering it, give it a go.
HIDDY and EJetter like this.
Old Oct 21, 2021, 6:26 am

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
Originally Posted by CKBA
Indeed, particularly since some members of the current UK government don't know how anyone can survive on a salary of less than £81,000 ! (Maybe this will be the next contender for job-shortages!)
If you’re referring to Sir Peter Bottomley, he’s not a member of the government.
Old Oct 21, 2021, 6:38 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
I was surprised too but apparently (according to Wikipedia) Easyjet has fewer destinations than BA (150ish vs 170ish in normal times). Ryanair has 200+, so more than BA but it's not a UK airline. I expect the wording is very deliberate!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.