Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Travelling to ATL via YYZ - border / Covid issues?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2021, 11:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold

Hi all,

I am trying to get to Atlanta on Nov 10th or early on the 11th at the latest. Since the U.S border opening on the 8th was announced, there is nothing available in PE/CW/F on any flight into the US on the 8th/9th/10th. As someone else mentioned on this forum, I reckon BA pulled its avios availability for those few days after the 8th, to encourage cash bookings.

However there is plenty of avios availability flying LHR-YYZ on the 9th or 10th in CW. I need to use air miles as I have a Lloyds upgrade voucher to use on this booking.

So my question is, will it be a logistical nightmare and / or a complete PITA to fly into Canada one day and then over to the U.S on the next? I understand that Canada is already open to UK citizens.

Any thoughts or advice would be much appreciated, thanks!
Old Oct 19, 2021, 11:37 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
If you're fully vaccinated (from the approved list), get yourself a Canadian eTA and have a negative Covid test then I don't think it will be a problem at all. If you get your Covid test within 72 hours of your USA arrival then it should be good for both entry into the Canada and the USA. I think it's a reasonable plan.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2021, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by Mr.JimmyFlyer
Hi all,

I am trying to get to Atlanta on Nov 10th or early on the 11th at the latest. Since the U.S border opening on the 8th was announced, there is nothing available in PE/CW/F on any flight into the US on the 8th/9th/10th. As someone else mentioned on this forum, I reckon BA pulled its avios availability for those few days after the 8th, to encourage cash bookings.

However there is plenty of avios availability flying LHR-YYZ on the 9th or 10th in CW. I need to use air miles as I have a Lloyds upgrade voucher to use on this booking.

So my question is, will it be a logistical nightmare and / or a complete PITA to fly into Canada one day and then over to the U.S on the next? I understand that Canada is already open to UK citizens.

Any thoughts or advice would be much appreciated, thanks!
Hi,

This should be doable , however
(1) You will need a Canadian ETA and a negative pcr test
(2) Clear canadian customs

For the US
(1 ) Completed ESTA
(2) Negative test ( type to be announced)- with correct timing your test for Canada should also do for the US.
(3) US Preclearance to be done in Canada ( so allow time for that).

Regards

TBS
Old Oct 20, 2021, 11:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by golfmad
If you're fully vaccinated (from the approved list), get yourself a Canadian eTA and have a negative Covid test then I don't think it will be a problem at all. If you get your Covid test within 72 hours of your USA arrival then it should be good for both entry into the Canada and the USA. I think it's a reasonable plan.
Thanks golfmad, sounds good.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 11:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

This should be doable , however
(1) You will need a Canadian ETA and a negative pcr test
(2) Clear canadian customs

For the US
(1 ) Completed ESTA
(2) Negative test ( type to be announced)- with correct timing your test for Canada should also do for the US.
(3) US Preclearance to be done in Canada ( so allow time for that).

Regards

TBS
Thanks TBS, sounds doable.

Cheers!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.