Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Finally flying to USA..but..

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2021, 6:16 am

Originally Posted by Eaunoire
Will ba be enforcing mask wearing for small children as per cdc guidelines. I can’t imagine my 3 year old being able to keep one on!
No idea - I'm exempt and they had no issue with that.

Given that there are many reasons for being exempt (including things such as it causing distress) I would suggest paying a small amount to get a letter to that effect from a private GP for your toddler. I won't comment further in case I offend people but it's vital children, especially young children, are able to communicate with their parents.
GentleGiant likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2021, 8:23 am
Suspended

Programs: BA (LTG, GGL, CCR), LH (*G)
Originally Posted by nivsy
Gosh it was a pain flying to the USA pre Covid and now....nah not for me unless ofcourse it was essential. Think I'll leave Uncle Sam alone and figure out nicer places...😁
Having gone back and forth regularly during Covid I can honestly say that flying to the US has been pretty painless, compared to flying to the UK. No stupid locator forms, no stupid day 2/5/8 PCR tests, no stupid quarantine, no stupid calls from NHS track & trace to check up on quarantine.
districtRich likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2021, 12:12 pm

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by Benedmonds
I'm travelling to the US on December 2nd, but will be beginning my itinerary in Paris (CDG-LHR-HEL-JFK) - It's not going to be an issue having booked the Qured antigen test with the video consult and having done that in London prior to travel is it? My test is booked for November 30th, and all of my flights will take place on the 2nd.
No, I don't foresee any issue with this. You're taking the test within the three days prior to departure to the US. This assumes you meet all the other requirements for travel to the US.
Old Nov 18, 2021, 12:49 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, BA Amex PP
Just some notes on my recent QURED experience (I need negative LFT for entry into IT for an ex-EU to the US - both IT and the US require negative tests)

- you can use the same test result for more than one flight as long as it meets that country’s timing requirements (eg. For Italy it’s 48 hours from arrival into Italy itself, for the US it’s 3 days before your flight to the US departs).
- I mention the above because I asked Qured if each pre-departure test was only applicable for one flight/or only valid for a particular day. Someone really badly informed from QURED support said I needed separate tests for separate flights even if the result would still be valid!!
- So I bought two tests and then found out it does not matter at all as I’ve cleared verification both on BA and Verifly (for my return to U.K. and onwards to JFK) using the same -ve test that I did this morning! (the QURED certificate says nothing about it being valid for a particular flight at all)
- however no big deal and nothing lost - the “surplus” second test I have for tomorrow morning will now be the pre departure test I use to get back into IT at the end of my trip. I changed the supervised video call to some date next week where I can do it in SFO (don’t think it matters where you take it- the supervisor didn’t ask and you can arrange the time and change the time zone, so will be Pacific for me then) and I’ll take the kit with me in my luggage (I took the liquid tube out and put into my liquids bag), the rest of the box is dry and takes up hardly any space.
- Day 2 U.K. Arrival test from QURED is only shipped on arrival - hoping it’s gone through my letterbox and waiting ready for me next weekend.
Old Nov 18, 2021, 10:51 pm

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Originally Posted by Benedmonds
I'm travelling to the US on December 2nd, but will be beginning my itinerary in Paris (CDG-LHR-HEL-JFK) - It's not going to be an issue having booked the Qured antigen test with the video consult and having done that in London prior to travel is it? My test is booked for November 30th, and all of my flights will take place on the 2nd.
I did not see anything - between rules and reports - that says the test must be done in the same country someone departs from.
I'm travelling shortly from CDG, I took my PCR test in Belgium and I've uploaded it on VeriFLY with no issue so far.
Old Nov 19, 2021, 12:34 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Originally Posted by nh1980
Just some notes on my recent QURED experience (I need negative LFT for entry into IT for an ex-EU to the US - both IT and the US require negative tests)

- you can use the same test result for more than one flight as long as it meets that country’s timing requirements (eg. For Italy it’s 48 hours from arrival into Italy itself, for the US it’s 3 days before your flight to the US departs).
- I mention the above because I asked Qured if each pre-departure test was only applicable for one flight/or only valid for a particular day. Someone really badly informed from QURED support said I needed separate tests for separate flights even if the result would still be valid!!
- So I bought two tests and then found out it does not matter at all as I’ve cleared verification both on BA and Verifly (for my return to U.K. and onwards to JFK) using the same -ve test that I did this morning! (the QURED certificate says nothing about it being valid for a particular flight at all)
- however no big deal and nothing lost - the “surplus” second test I have for tomorrow morning will now be the pre departure test I use to get back into IT at the end of my trip. I changed the supervised video call to some date next week where I can do it in SFO (don’t think it matters where you take it- the supervisor didn’t ask and you can arrange the time and change the time zone, so will be Pacific for me then) and I’ll take the kit with me in my luggage (I took the liquid tube out and put into my liquids bag), the rest of the box is dry and takes up hardly any space.
- Day 2 U.K. Arrival test from QURED is only shipped on arrival - hoping it’s gone through my letterbox and waiting ready for me next weekend.
Thanks. Annoyingly we have to both take 2 Qured tests 2 days running!!

One to fly to the USA and one the day after arriving to get on a cruise ship 2 days later. The Cruise ship one must be up to 2 days before the sail date and we have three nights before the cruise.

So with the Day 2, we need 6 tests from them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.