Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What do I do re: cancelled flight????

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2021, 5:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Avios
Question What do I do re: cancelled flight????

So, I received an email from BA last night indicating that a flight on a booking had been cancelled and they rebooked me on another flight...so far so good. It also stipulates that I have to confirm acceptance of the new flight on "Manage your booking". I go on Manage my Booking and it provides me two options....cancel itinerary and apply for a refund or a selection to see other possible flights...BUT NO PLACE TO CONFIRM THE FLIGHT OR ITINERARY THAT IS NOW UPDATED????
I am calling BA to confirm BUT, if they had the website operating as it should there should be a selection to confirm the updated itinerary and that would be it!!!
My question is: in practice, do I have to CONFIRM the new itinerary? I just don't want to lose the entire booking because of something I didn't do!
Thank you to anyone who responds....
Old Oct 12, 2021, 5:49 am

Programs: BAEC Gold-GGL
Perhaps you need to select one of the other possible flights?
Old Oct 12, 2021, 5:52 am
Original Poster

I guess I didn't write my question clear enough...I am OK with the flight they rebooked me to, however, they say in the email to go to "Manage My Booking" and "accept" the change...only problem is that there is NO SUCH OPTION on the Manage My Booking page!
Old Oct 12, 2021, 5:58 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
It may show up in a few hours / tomorrow. There is some sort of trigger they put on bookings that make it easier to directly select options, but if you try to do it immediately it won't necessarily work. Unless the flight is in the next day or two I'd just leave it for a bit. Your booking will stay allocated to the new service, all yoiu are doing by confirming online is turning an internal status flag to OKC. That's a big deal for the airline, but actuallly boxes you in as far as rebooking options are concerned, which is another reason not to straighten other people's spoons.
Old Oct 12, 2021, 6:09 am
Original Poster

Thank you for your response...it WAS very helpful!
Old Oct 13, 2021, 8:24 am

I have the same thing - I have been unable to go into MMB for weeks. Email say I have to go in and confirm or look up alternatives, but it is no such button... Only a list of flights and this text:

"Can I change my booking?
Please contact us to change your trip or if we can help with your booking.
<CANCELLATION OPTIONS>
There’s no extra cost for any changes and we offer a refund if you cancel your booking.
Information on rights under EU Regulation 261 for delayed and cancelled flights can be viewed here"

I am also happy with the new flight, but looks like I have to call to "open up MMB again" Right now I can not see details, not select seats nor add passenger-info
Old Oct 13, 2021, 10:01 am

I'm suffering the same issue - tells me my original flight was cancelled, shows me the rebooked flight, but no way to confirm it, nor perform any other actions in MMB. BA IT failure?
Old Oct 13, 2021, 10:14 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
yes if you are stuck in the disruption page and can't confirm, then the only option is to call to confirm the new flights. this has happened to me a few times as well.
Old Oct 14, 2021, 12:15 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
yes if you are stuck in the disruption page and can't confirm, then the only option is to call to confirm the new flights. this has happened to me a few times as well.
These IT-systems really help solving the long lines on the callcenter 🤔
Old Oct 14, 2021, 9:09 am

Originally Posted by Discus
These IT-systems really help solving the long lines on the callcenter 🤔
I think they've solved the long wait times on the call centers - now the automated voice tells you they can't take the call and then hangs up!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.