Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Question re WTP and US domestic connection tier points/qualifying status

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2021, 6:09 am
Original Poster

We took our first trip on a plane in 20 months in September, so forgive me if I'm missing something obvious. We were booked to fly LHR to PHL in WTP on BA, then with a connection on AA from PHL to BTV (and return). BA cancelled both their TATL segments and booked us onto AA premium economy with 'sold as BA' flight nos. We were initially due to get 190 TPs in total for the trip, which I found a bit odd as I thought domestic connections always yielded 10 TPs each if the TATL legs were in WTP (not the 5 we were meant to get for each one)? Regardless, when both flights had been rebooked, the booking suddenly told us we'd receive 195 TPs. Looking at what has now credited, one of the domestic legs seems to have remained at 5TPs, and the other gone to 10. Likewise, the segment that yielded 10 TPs also seems to have counted as a qualifying flight for Exec Club status purposes, despite being a purely AA flight/no (i.e. no 'sold as BA' on there, and I've now completed 3 qualifying flights to retain silver). It's all a bit academic--the end of my year is in April and I have no current plans to fly before then, so unless BA extends me again I'll be down to bronze--but isn't that an error?
Old Oct 2, 2021, 6:29 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci des Transports de Navette
AA domestic economy flights can be 5, 10 or 20 TPs depending on the fare class. A dummy booking showed a BA codeshare flight between PHL and BTV, but I just picked a random date next month. I didn't see any BA codes on the return BTV - PHL.

Actually scrap that last bit I could'nt see any codeshares between PHL and BTV. So could just be an error as you say.

Last edited by OddJobMan; Oct 2, 2021 at 7:04 am Reason: More info
Old Oct 2, 2021, 1:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by OddJobMan
AA domestic economy flights can be 5, 10 or 20 TPs depending on the fare class. A dummy booking showed a BA codeshare flight between PHL and BTV, but I just picked a random date next month. I didn't see any BA codes on the return BTV - PHL.

Actually scrap that last bit I could'nt see any codeshares between PHL and BTV. So could just be an error as you say.
Yes, it has to be, I think. I've travelled the route quite a lot for family reasons and never seen anything like it. The tier points are clearly just my luck running out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.