Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Arrivals Lounge T5 LHR Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2021, 7:02 pm
Original Poster

BA Arrivals Lounge T5 LHR Master Thread

I'll be heading to LHR next week on J AA metal and expect to land at T3. I will have about 2 hours to kill in the airport. Would it be possible for me to transfer to T5 from T3 and use the arrivals lounge there while I wait?
Old Oct 1, 2021, 11:57 am

Programs: Mucci, AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
As long as you are qualified to get in, that shouldn't be a problem.I flew into T5 a few weeks ago on AA and had no problems using the arrivals lounge.
Old Oct 1, 2021, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
I believe only AA’s JFK flights (based in T5) grant access to Galleries Arrivals.
Old Oct 2, 2021, 2:47 am

I’m sitting at the arrivals lounge after having done exactly that; I arrived on an AA ticket in T3, took the Heathrow Express to T5, and was able to enter the Arrivals lounge.

According to the lounge finder on the Oneworld website, all AA J passengers arriving at LHR have access.
Old Oct 2, 2021, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by RememberTheConcord
I’m sitting at the arrivals lounge after having done exactly that; I arrived on an AA ticket in T3, took the Heathrow Express to T5, and was able to enter the Arrivals lounge.

According to the lounge finder on the Oneworld website, all AA J passengers arriving at LHR have access.
Good news - I guess whilst the AArrivals lounge in T3 is closed.
Old Oct 4, 2021, 8:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RememberTheConcord

Thank you!! Is the Heathrow Express the same as the Piccadilly line?
Old Oct 4, 2021, 8:33 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by jsimon926
Please excuse me for butting in.

Heathrow Express is a fast (and a bit expensive) train between London Paddington station and Heathrow Airport, and separate from Piccadilly Line.

However, Heathrow Express is free of charge between Heathrow Airport terminals, so you can travel free of charge between Terminal 3 and Terminal 5.

If you took the Piccadilly Line between Terminal 3 and Terminal 5, you will have to pay the fare for it*** CORRECTION - YOU WON'T BE CHARGED IF YOU USE THE SAME CONTACTLESS TO TOUCH IN AND OUT as pointed out later in this thread ***. However, you might find that they offer more frequent service depending on the Heathrow Express schedule.
chilglish likes this.

Last edited by LTN Phobia; Oct 7, 2021 at 5:26 pm
Old Oct 4, 2021, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by jsimon926
hi.

No . They are are separate.

The heathrow express is the rail link. The piccalilli line is the tfl ( or london) underground.
they each have their own stations at Heathrow.

Regards
Tbs
Old Oct 4, 2021, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
Please excuse me for butting in.

Heathrow Express is a fast (and a bit expensive) train from London Paddington station, and separate from Piccadilly Line.

However, Heathrow Express is free of charge between Heathrow Airport terminals, so you can travel free of charge between Terminal 3 and Terminal 5.

If you took the Piccadilly Line between Terminal 3 and Terminal 5, you will have to pay the fare for it. However, you might find that they offer more frequent service depending on the Heathrow Express schedule.
Hi.

I thought if you used a contactless card or an oystercard on the underground you would not be charged between t2 and 3 and t5. You do need to use the same card in and out.?

Regards
tbs
KARFA likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2021, 8:48 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi.

I thought if you used a contactless card or an oystercard on the underground you would not be charged between t2 and 3 and t5. You do need to use the same card in and out.?

Regards
tbs
Although the free travel zone has gone, any inter terminal journey on the tube or HEX is still free.

Changes to Heathrow free travel zone

I have wondered if it’s time limited, so if I board at T5, spend several hours riding the tube (not crossing a gate line) and exit at T123 would it still be free? Perhaps a challenge during a long connection
Old Oct 4, 2021, 8:50 am

Programs: BA GGL, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Hi.

Regards
tbs
Yep this is still the case, needs to be the same card in and out.
Old Oct 7, 2021, 5:27 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Hi.

Regards
tbs
Thank you for the correction! I thought you got charged for it. I have corrected my post.
Old Oct 12, 2021, 10:03 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IB+, LATAM PASS, ACCOR
Hoping somebody can give me a couple of pointers.
I have never had the pleasure of using the arrivals lounge and have no idea of how it works.
Is the lounge before or after baggage reclaim?
Thanks in advance for your help
Old Oct 12, 2021, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chilglish
Hoping somebody can give me a couple of pointers.
I have never had the pleasure of using the arrivals lounge and have no idea of how it works.
Is the lounge before or after baggage reclaim?
Thanks in advance for your help
Hi,

It is after baggage claim and customs and then it is signposted ( it is up 1 level from the arrivals floor- lift available)

Regards

TBS
Old Oct 12, 2021, 12:56 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IB+, LATAM PASS, ACCOR
Excellent! Thank you very much.
Any idea on what the food service is like at the moment? Would rather skip breakfast on the plane and maximize sleep if I can look forward to a decent English breakfast after a shower upon arrival.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.