Wiki Posts
Search

eVoucher/FTV for holidays?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2021, 12:29 pm
Original Poster

eVoucher/FTV for holidays?

Hello,

Wondering if anybody can answer this for me.

I have a flight only booking that I'm going to need to cancel. I'd like to use the value towards a flight&hotel BA holiday.

From what I see on the BA website, I cannot use an eVoucher towards a holiday but I can use a FTV towards one. Is this correct?

If so, is there anyway I can ensure that I receive a FTV voucher instead of an eVoucher when I request the voucher? It says on the FAQ that BA cannot offer eVouchers when baggage has been added and paid for, so maybe I could add baggage to the flight and then request the voucher to ensure that I'm sent a FTV instead?

Thanks!!
Old Sep 7, 2021, 12:48 pm

You can use an evoucher on a new holidays booking (one made after you’ve received the evoucher). Add it via live chat, email or call.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 12:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SirAlfonso
You can use an evoucher on a new holidays booking (one made after you’ve received the evoucher). Add it via live chat, email or call.
Great, thanks!
Old Sep 7, 2021, 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by SirAlfonso
Is the process for this as simple as request evoucher for flight only. Book BAH with deposit only and email or chat will be able to apply that to the booking? I ask as I'm looking to do the same thing and BA Twitter told me going from flight only to BAH had to be call as had to done at point of booking BAH.

But would prefer to avoid having to get get through on the phone.

Thanks
Old Sep 7, 2021, 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by PM88
Is the process for this as simple as request evoucher for flight only. Book BAH with deposit only and email or chat will be able to apply that to the booking? I ask as I'm looking to do the same thing and BA Twitter told me going from flight only to BAH had to be call as had to done at point of booking BAH.

But would prefer to avoid having to get get through on the phone.

Thanks
if you want to use it as the deposit then yeah it can only be done on the phone. But if you’re happy to pay the new deposit in cash you can do what I said to apply the evoucher against the balance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.