Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Checked luggage on iberia-operated avios booking

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2021, 1:38 am
Original Poster

Have a BA avios booking MAD-LHR operated by Iberia. The BA confirmation email mentions total 2 checked luggage for 2 passengers, but checking in through iberia app the boarding pass indicates "no checked luggage".

I thought avios bookings always had luggage included,but are there specific avios booking classes that exclude this(or maybe this is just an aig/iberia it glitch)?

​​​​​​Any insights/experiences from iberia avios travellers much appreciated.
Old Aug 29, 2021, 11:24 am

Programs: A3G, BA Silver, LH FT
Originally Posted by cafeamsterdam
Have a BA avios booking MAD-LHR operated by Iberia. The BA confirmation email mentions total 2 checked luggage for 2 passengers, but checking in through iberia app the boarding pass indicates "no checked luggage".

I thought avios bookings always had luggage included,but are there specific avios booking classes that exclude this(or maybe this is just an aig/iberia it glitch)?

​​​​​​Any insights/experiences from iberia avios travellers much appreciated.
I recently flew BA rebooked avios ticket LPA-MAD-LHR Iberia operated X fare bucket and I had one piece of luggage per passenger included. When I was on the phone doing the rebooking I asked the CSA about luggage and he confirmed the allowance is the same as on BA operated avios tickets.
Old Aug 29, 2021, 2:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by palcsaky
I recently flew BA rebooked avios ticket LPA-MAD-LHR Iberia operated X fare bucket and I had one piece of luggage per passenger included. When I was on the phone doing the rebooking I asked the CSA about luggage and he confirmed the allowance is the same as on BA operated avios tickets.
Thanks for that. I noticed that the iberia app indicates booking class x-economy. Boarding pass seems to indicate no luggage included, but iberia.com manage my booking shows 1 piece per passenger. Guess we'll find out tomorrow at check in! 😎
Old Aug 29, 2021, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
There seems to be an issue recently with IB boarding passes not picking up status allowance. The screens during OLCI make it clear, but the boarding passes often come through with either "not included" (in case of BA Avios tickets or Basic fare tickets), or with the base allowance without taking into account status.
Old Sep 6, 2021, 11:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BA6501
There seems to be an issue recently with IB boarding passes not picking up status allowance. The screens during OLCI make it clear, but the boarding passes often come through with either "not included" (in case of BA Avios tickets or Basic fare tickets), or with the base allowance without taking into account status.
Thanks - yes that seems to have been the case here.

In case of any use for others, for future reference, to revert after the event: fare class again seemed x-economy in system an apponline boarding pass did not recognize baggage allowance as part of the BA avios booking, but as OW Sapphire/BA Silver I went to business class check -in and simply checked in 1 bag each. Not sure this was done as check-in agent saw allowance on system or simply as assumed at business class desk.

T4S Velazquez pretty much back to normal btw
babyg_wc likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2021, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
The allowance should display correctly in the system on their side - at least I've never had an issue recently. Parts of the OLCI flow show the right allowance, and I'd assume that info comes straight from what the system is showing / will show on the airport side.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.