Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mystery 1 Avios

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2021, 4:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by RB211
Don't worry about it Hiddy, I'm sure they will expire at some point! A bit like me!

rb211.
Indeed.

Must admit my enthusiasm for travelling had started to wane even before the arrival of the pandemic. I certainly won't be going anywhere anytime soon.
Old Aug 28, 2021, 7:22 pm

I had 10k deposited twice but at separate times. I forgot there is an anniversary bonus, but I got the minus 10k "correction" a week ago... Funny if I had used it would I have been negative? Apparently it was in my account for some time too. I wonder how many people had that happen and used it up first
Old Aug 29, 2021, 12:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
Originally Posted by flyingnomad
A couple folks I know also received this. I think you’re spot on - description is “Avios Reward Flight Saver Activation”.
Yes, that's the one. Mystery solved.

Now whether I'll be able to make use of it....
Old Nov 25, 2021, 2:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So, I am guessing that for those who received the "Reward Flight Saver Activation" late August 2021, the points won't expire until August of 2024?

Thanks.

Last edited by username; Nov 26, 2021 at 12:33 am
Old Jul 17, 2022, 11:50 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Originally Posted by username
So, I am guessing that for those who received the "Reward Flight Saver Activation" late August 2021, the points won't expire until August of 2024?

Thanks.
Did anyone confirm this really reset the 3 year activity?
Old Jul 18, 2022, 12:46 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze, Mucci recipient
Originally Posted by frudd38
Yes it did reset the 3 year activity. My relatives in Brazil benefitted from the munificence of BA with this giveaway and their Avios which ordinarily would have expired in Feb 2022 did not disappear from their BAEC accounts.
Old Jul 27, 2022, 2:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
Originally Posted by Grace B
Yes, that's the one. Mystery solved.

Now whether I'll be able to make use of it....
Well I have tried to make use of it, but because the flight was > 12 months from the date of the 1 avios deposit it didn't work.

So I just have to pay the peak avios rate. I must admit that I expected the benefit to be extended to all bookings made within 12 months from the date of deposit, but obviously I didn't read the fine print...
Old Sep 6, 2022, 9:07 am

Originally Posted by username

Thanks.
Originally Posted by AJA_
Yes it did reset the 3 year activity. My relatives in Brazil benefitted from the munificence of BA with this giveaway and their Avios which ordinarily would have expired in Feb 2022 did not disappear from their BAEC accounts.
I spoke to the BA Executive Club on the telephone yesterday and was told NO, the single Avios point added to accounts for 'Reward Flight Saver Activation' will not extend the 3 year expiry time because the addition of that point was administrative by BA. They explained that in order to extend the expiry time there has to be an action that comes from me. I linked my account to my BPme Rewards account and manually converted 40 BPme Rewards points into 25 Avios, which appeared in my BA Executive Club account immediately.
Old Sep 6, 2022, 9:34 am

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Originally Posted by Roger Roger
I spoke to the BA Executive Club on the telephone yesterday and was told NO, the single Avios point added to accounts for 'Reward Flight Saver Activation' will not extend the 3 year expiry time because the addition of that point was administrative by BA. They explained that in order to extend the expiry time there has to be an action that comes from me. I linked my account to my BPme Rewards account and manually converted 40 BPme Rewards points into 25 Avios, which appeared in my BA Executive Club account immediately.
I just received the opposite answer from BA twitter, confirming it does extend.. wish BA would just list the expiration date on the site.
username likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2022, 11:13 am

I just received the opposite answer from BA twitter, confirming it does extend.. wish BA would just list the expiration date on the site.
I agree that would be a helpful way for BA to clarify where Executive Club members stand on the matter.
Old Oct 16, 2022, 12:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

To me, they should really show when the points expire on their website....

My last activity was September of 2019 and I got the mystery point on 27 August 2021. My points are still there now that it is October 2022.
Old Aug 3, 2023, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My points are still there and I guess it should be save to wait another year before I generate any activities?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.