Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Not getting an answer from customer service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2021, 8:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: *A Gold, BA Silver, Avis President, Hertz President circle

Executive club made a mess with a award ticket, I emailed customer service 3 months ago and still no response.

Tried calling but lines are too busy!

Anybody with advise what I can do?

BA seems to have become like a third world country airline!
SxMan likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2021, 8:40 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Use the Chat facility. Login to your account and go the Contact Us link. There should be a little blue box on the bottom left of the screen. Refresh a few times if necessary until it lets you enter text into the box. Type "Live agent", maybe twice, it will then ask for PNR and ID details, do that, then go for "Live agent". It should then give a count down until an agent is free.

Alternatively DM via Twitter.
Radiation Station likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2021, 8:48 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
If you are still BA Silver, are you calling the Silver line? For a change to an Avios booking, I have called 4 times in the last 2 days. Mid-afternoon to evening I waited 9-11 minutes on hold before the first call was answered (but they tried to charge me change fees so I said 'no worries' and tried HUACA) the second and third calls were on hold and seemed like they were going to connect but then just hung up. Tried again this morning and had a ~10 minute hold again but got through and change sorted. Not making excuses for them, it is poor service if emails never get responded to and get lost from the ticketing system, like it is poor service when you have to HUACA because you know the agent is wrong. But do keep trying, when lines open in the UK seems to be the best time.
Old Aug 27, 2021, 8:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Use the Chat facility. Login to your account and go the Contact Us link. There should be a little blue box on the bottom left of the screen. Refresh a few times if necessary until it lets you enter text into the box. Type "Live agent", maybe twice, it will then ask for PNR and ID details, do that, then go for "Live agent". It should then give a count down until an agent is free.

Alternatively DM via Twitter.
Thanks

Tried the chat option, but no agent available.
Sent a message through FB
Old Aug 27, 2021, 8:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by konagirl2
If you are still BA Silver, are you calling the Silver line? For a change to an Avios booking, I have called 4 times in the last 2 days. Mid-afternoon to evening I waited 9-11 minutes on hold before the first call was answered (but they tried to charge me change fees so I said 'no worries' and tried HUACA) the second and third calls were on hold and seemed like they were going to connect but then just hung up. Tried again this morning and had a ~10 minute hold again but got through and change sorted. Not making excuses for them, it is poor service if emails never get responded to and get lost from the ticketing system, like it is poor service when you have to HUACA because you know the agent is wrong. But do keep trying, when lines open in the UK seems to be the best time.
Their service has become shocking!
SxMan likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2021, 9:06 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by ELAL
Their service has become shocking!
When is the flight?
Old Aug 27, 2021, 9:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by golfmad
When is the flight?
It's regarding a previous flight.

My avios ticket simply disappeared, after becoming tired of getting through to BA, being close to the flight I just purchased a new avios ticket for the same flight (needed to purchase extra miles).
Old Aug 27, 2021, 9:42 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by ELAL
Thanks

Tried the chat option, but no agent available.
Sent a message through FB
The queue will only take I think 50 people, not all of whom want or need an agent. so if you keep refreshing you should be able to do it. I've just tried it and it's taken about 4 refreshes and 40 seconds to get into a queue for an agent.
Old Aug 27, 2021, 9:54 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
The queue will only take I think 50 people, not all of whom want or need an agent. so if you keep refreshing you should be able to do it. I've just tried it and it's taken about 4 refreshes and 40 seconds to get into a queue for an agent.
It's certainly more than that, I am number 58 in line right now... then it changed to 61 Good times!
Old Aug 27, 2021, 10:07 am

We could do with finding out what is the highest number. And tell us how long before you get the human e-touch, assuming the robots don't sort you out first!
Old Aug 27, 2021, 10:43 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
We could do with finding out what is the highest number. And tell us how long before you get the human e-touch, assuming the robots don't sort you out first!
16:53 to 17:29 was the wait time, so 36 minutes.

Not too bad - the telephone wait time in Dublin was over 30 minutes, but the telephone agent decided not to help me. I simply wanted to assign seats on the booking of a friend who is travelling with me on the same flight (I'm Gold, he's not a BA frequent flyer). She decided not to help me as I was not a third party nominee on the ticket and fobbed me off as fast as she could. It actually made me quite irritated how I was spoken to, but it is what it is.

Happily Molly on the chat did the necessary and the seats will be allocated shortly by a senior colleague apparently.
Old Aug 27, 2021, 3:23 pm

I was 87 recently, around 30 mins wait. I wonder if it's max average waiting time rather than max no in the queue
Old Aug 27, 2021, 7:52 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum
I joined this afternoon at 92 and got disconnected after an hour or so when I was in the 20’s. Tried again, could not get in, refreshed and came in 80 something, was disconnected again after about 50 minutes. Tried again, had to keep refreshing for a few minutes got in at number 50 and got connected after about 50 minutes.
Old Aug 28, 2021, 2:28 am

Originally Posted by FlightDetective
16:53 to 17:29 was the wait time, so 36 minutes.

Not too bad - the telephone wait time in Dublin was over 30 minutes, but the telephone agent decided not to help me. I simply wanted to assign seats on the booking of a friend who is travelling with me on the same flight (I'm Gold, he's not a BA frequent flyer). She decided not to help me as I was not a third party nominee on the ticket and fobbed me off as fast as she could. It actually made me quite irritated how I was spoken to, but it is what it is.

Happily Molly on the chat did the necessary and the seats will be allocated shortly by a senior colleague apparently.
BAs guidelines for data protection are that if you aren’t named on a booking it cant be discussed and no action can be taken on it.

Otherwise anyone could access another persons booking.

The solution is to have your friend add you as a nominee on their Executive Club account.
KARFA likes this.

Last edited by Anonba; Aug 28, 2021 at 2:34 am
Old Aug 28, 2021, 2:53 am

Programs: AAdvantage, and BAEC in name only
I guess it is safe to assume that Chat people will not touch holiday bookings?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.