Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Yorkshire Puddings! Food service changes September 1st

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Yorkshire Puddings! Food service changes September 1st

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2021, 5:00 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Originally Posted by 13901
...and though you can feel the difference between industrial and artisanal it's just not that grate.
Pun intended?
Old Sep 17, 2021, 5:09 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by Prospero
I would have been disappointed too. None of the two "British dishes" or the ubiquitous pasta dish offer any great appeal to me
My Beloved Prospero figure of my dreams - you and I both. Roast Beef with all the nasty trimmings or Chicken Pie is what F has sunk to? The beef, unless it is cut from the roast aboard will be as thought the 21 day aged beef had actually been cooked for 21 days. The vegetable are probably mushy (I'd love to be proved wrong) some unknown cheeses and a revolting sounding - and looking desert.

Dear Heaven we roasted the beef - Chateaubriand - and carved it in front of the passenger and the cheeses were sublime. Never mind Cheddar which if not well ripe and mature is fit for the mouse trap; what about Stilton that glorious cheese? Frankly this lot could have been served up in some 2 star seaside hotel as a Sunday Special. It may be better than it has been but it has a long was to go. What a sad menu of mains courses. Meat, Meat Pie, or whatever a Vegan might eat - in the words of my Mother, Lord Rest Her, perfectly vile.
Old Sep 17, 2021, 5:38 am

Originally Posted by FamilyOf6
Pun intended?
Happy coincidence!
AnaTravel and FamilyOf6 like this.
Old Sep 17, 2021, 9:35 am

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Prospero
I would have been disappointed too. None of the two "British dishes" or the ubiquitous pasta dish offer any great appeal to me

i had the same pasta on my corfu flight last week, didnt need it again. i missed a soup too, oddly!
Old Sep 17, 2021, 9:46 am

Programs: BA Gold for Life
In recent years when travelling on BA in F I have had good starters, puddings and cheeses but the main courses have lagged behind. I welcome a good but unadventurous main course with flair being concentrated on the other courses.
PGberkshire likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2021, 1:08 am

Flew to DXB yesterday and one of our party had the roast beef. After confirming with crew that it wasn’t meant to be there, the inflight manager filed a report on a bone the size of my little finger in the meat
Old Sep 18, 2021, 2:54 am

Programs: BAEC
Where on earth did that bone come from in a fillet of beef? If it was bovine it would have been a fragment resulting from bad butchery and possibly sharp.
Not good and how hard to quality control that a fillet is actually a fillet? We’re not talking about pin bones in a mackerel here.
becks1 likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2021, 2:56 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Ladyfliestheredwhiteandblues
Where on earth did that bone come from in a fillet of beef? If it was bovine it would have been a fragment resulting from bad butchery and possibly sharp.
Not good and how hard to quality control that a fillet is actually a fillet? We’re not talking about pin bones in a mackerel here.
Is it a fillet? I thought it was roast beef. Doesn’t excuse a finger bone, of course.
Old Sep 18, 2021, 3:05 am

Menu says something like “slow roast fillet”.
Old Sep 18, 2021, 3:08 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by LondonElite
Is it a fillet? I thought it was roast beef. Doesn’t excuse a finger bone, of course.
Menu says something like “slow roast fillet”.
In Club [exLHR] it is currently short rib of beef, the bone I suspect will be rib. First has fillet of beef.
Old Sep 18, 2021, 3:09 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
This isn’t a cooking thread, but you wouldn’t slow-roast a fillet as it has very little fat. If BA is doing that, they’re already making a big mistake.
alex67500 and nancypants like this.
Old Sep 18, 2021, 3:20 am

Originally Posted by LondonElite
served it the other day - it is a fillet
Old Sep 18, 2021, 3:21 am

The menu described it as “slow roasted short rib of beef” which in itself I could understand would have a bone but the crew were adamant it wasn’t meant to be there
Old Sep 18, 2021, 3:27 am

Originally Posted by andymcdonnell
The menu described it as “slow roasted short rib of beef” which in itself I could understand would have a bone but the crew were adamant it wasn’t meant to be there
So different to one of the menus I saw above that describes a slow roasted fillet. Even so, as you say, it shouldn’t be there!
Old Sep 18, 2021, 3:33 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
So different to one of the menus I saw above that describes a slow roasted fillet. Even so, as you say, it shouldn’t be there!
In Club it is slow-roasted short rib of British beef, in First it is twenty-one day aged roasted fillet of British beef (not slow roasted).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.