Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

February 2022 flight cancellations and operational changes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

February 2022 flight cancellations and operational changes

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2022, 1:54 am

Programs: BAEC
Had my WAW and BOD flights in Feb cancelled.

LHR-BOD is now completely gone and doesn’t resume until S22 from LGW.
Old Jan 14, 2022, 6:18 am

BIO flights are now also wiped for February - my back up option for Bordeaux

How flexible are BA with the 300 mile rule? Would they accept a destination 350 miles away?
Old Jan 14, 2022, 8:21 am

Programs: BA Exec Club (Silver)
I’ve just had LHR > OPO (Porto) cancelled. Out on 03/02, return on 07/02. Absolutely nothing a few days either side.

Lisbon still available but that’s a pain in the backside to make the train journey match up with my plans!!

Well, that’s this evening and possibly tomorrow morning taken care of in trying to sort this all out.

Apolgies if this has been asked multiple times and I’ve missed it. I’ve taken a look at the guides and the top of the board and couldn’t see anything specific - I can get to OPO not too long after I originally intended and the return would fit in with my plans by going with Iberia via Madrid. When trying to book LHR > OPO for my original travel dates in Feb this is what the BA app throws up.

The price of this routing in J is significantly more than what I paid for my original CE booking to OPO. Will BA rebook me onto Iberia via Madrid without any extra charges?

Last edited by GlasgowBlue; Jan 14, 2022 at 8:51 am
Old Jan 14, 2022, 8:53 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de Actes Bénéfiques pour les Autres, BAEC Gold.
Just received an e-mail to say the BA212 @ 1915hrs BOS to LHR cancelled on 13th Feb!
Old Jan 14, 2022, 12:33 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
BA853 PRG - LHR on 3rd February cancelled, looks like LHR - PRG is going one flight per day for Feb although certain days are missing completely.

How long does it usually take MMB to catch up and realise there's a non-connection (now arriving and departing LHR at 12:15)? Or is a call going to be necessary in this situation?​​​​
Old Jan 14, 2022, 12:50 pm

KRK/HAJ/BIO/BOD/RAK/LUX all gone until the end of Feb at the earliest (some until March/April)
Old Jan 14, 2022, 1:21 pm

Programs: BA Gold, LH SEN , A3*G & others less exciting that don't fit in my wallet
Originally Posted by GlasgowBlue
I’ve just had LHR > OPO (Porto) cancelled. Out on 03/02, return on 07/02. Absolutely nothing a few days either side.

Lisbon still available but that’s a pain in the backside to make the train journey match up with my plans!!

Well, that’s this evening and possibly tomorrow morning taken care of in trying to sort this all out.

Apolgies if this has been asked multiple times and I’ve missed it. I’ve taken a look at the guides and the top of the board and couldn’t see anything specific - I can get to OPO not too long after I originally intended and the return would fit in with my plans by going with Iberia via Madrid. When trying to book LHR > OPO for my original travel dates in Feb this is what the BA app throws up.

The price of this routing in J is significantly more than what I paid for my original CE booking to OPO. Will BA rebook me onto Iberia via Madrid without any extra charges?
Yes, you'll need to call up ( though try online to see if it offers it in Manage My booking on the disruption screen) but I think they should offer this if there's no directs available on the day and this is what BA.com is trying to sell you anyway ( is schlepping via MAD any less hassle than Lisbon + train/car though ?) .. I'm on on OPO flight on 17/2 but so far seem to have survived the cull!
Old Jan 14, 2022, 2:06 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club (Silver)
Originally Posted by EvilDoctorK
Yes, you'll need to call up ( though try online to see if it offers it in Manage My booking on the disruption screen) but I think they should offer this if there's no directs available on the day and this is what BA.com is trying to sell you anyway ( is schlepping via MAD any less hassle than Lisbon + train/car though ?) .. I'm on on OPO flight on 17/2 but so far seem to have survived the cull!
Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately the MMB does not offer it on the disruption screen. It searches and then states that "no flights are available on these dates. Please select different dates". I suspect its looking for direct LHR > OPO on BA metal as a like for like substitution.

Been doing a lot of browsing and research this afternoon trying to establish what is the most straightforward way of getting to Porto in terms of time, minimal connections/changes and trying to keep the cost down and you seem to be correct. LHR > LIS then the Alfa Pendular up to Porto seems the most straightforward option. MMB is giving the option of a refund to my original card of payment so I'm thinking of doing this and then booking to Lisbon.

Last edited by GlasgowBlue; Jan 14, 2022 at 2:13 pm
Old Jan 14, 2022, 2:50 pm

Programs: BA Bronze
Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately the MMB does not offer it on the disruption screen. It searches and then states that "no flights are available on these dates. Please select different dates". I suspect its looking for direct LHR > OPO on BA metal as a like for like substitution.

Been doing a lot of browsing and research this afternoon trying to establish what is the most straightforward way of getting to Porto in terms of time, minimal connections/changes and trying to keep the cost down and you seem to be correct. LHR > LIS then the Alfa Pendular up to Porto seems the most straightforward option. MMB is giving the option of a refund to my original card of payment so I'm thinking of doing this and then booking to Lisbon.
They usually should allow you to rebook via Iberia in these circumstances, worth the call I reckon? For a cancelled LHR - BUD flight they allowed me to rebook LHR - HEL - BUD instead of a later LHR - BUD flight, so they definitely should allow this.
GlasgowBlue likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2022, 3:31 pm

Programs: BA Gold, LH SEN , A3*G & others less exciting that don't fit in my wallet

If Lisbon flights you want are cheaper than what you paid originally then certainly take the refund and do this
If the flights you want are more expensive then call them up and they should offer you that without charge as it's close enough to Porto to fall within their rules ( or indeed you should be able you get them to book you via MAD if that works for you too ... but I'd probably choose Lisbon and the train )
GlasgowBlue likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2022, 2:10 pm

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
MAD-LHR BA465 cancelled on 14th Feb - looks like BA has gone down to one flight a day around that date. Plenty of IB flights but only one BA now.
Old Jan 15, 2022, 2:23 pm

No BRU flights until 7th Feb?

No flights LHR to BRU available until the second week of Feb. Why would that be?
Old Jan 16, 2022, 12:22 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Originally Posted by Rajah
No flights LHR to BRU available until the second week of Feb. Why would that be?
Reduction of flight operations due to Covid, I was told...
I guess after Brexit BRU isn't considered "interesting" anymore.
Old Jan 16, 2022, 1:27 am

Originally Posted by Lefly
Reduction of flight operations due to Covid, I was told...
I guess after Brexit BRU isn't considered "interesting" anymore.
Thanks!
Old Jan 16, 2022, 2:37 am

0173 LHR-JFK on 18/02/22 has changed from a 77H to a 777 with 40 rows, not sure which! I've been moved from my £63 twin seats to £29 middle seats

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.