Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How early can I drop bags off at Heathrow?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2021, 2:03 pm
Original Poster

How early can I drop bags off at Heathrow?

Hi, I would be grateful to know if anyone is aware of any changes to Heathrow T5’s bag drop off opening at 5:30 am on the day of the flight for premium passengers. The website says there may be changes to the operations as a result of Covid and the call centre agent in India said I can only drop off bags 3 hours before the flight (which I’m hoping is wrong). I have a flight at 7pm and would very much like to check in early in the am that day. Thank you!
Old Aug 20, 2021, 2:11 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Welcome to the BA forum SB15, welcome also to Flyertalk, I hope we will see more of you.

Yes, anyone with lounge access can drop their bags off at any time on the day of travel. I thought it was 05:00 hrs, but I tend to do my best never to be in LHR at that hour. You may be able to do it the night before (16:00hrs to 21:00 hrs) though strictly speaking this is for morning flights the next day, not those in the afternoon.
Old Aug 20, 2021, 2:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Welcome to the BA forum SB15, welcome also to Flyertalk, I hope we will see more of you.

Yes, anyone with lounge access can drop their bags off at any time on the day of travel. I thought it was 05:00 hrs, but I tend to do my best never to be in LHR at that hour. You may be able to do it the night before (16:00hrs to 21:00 hrs) though strictly speaking this is for morning flights the next day, not those in the afternoon.
thank you!!

Silly question I guess but just for my own sanity: Can I also check in and just hang out in the lounge all day then?
Old Aug 20, 2021, 2:14 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by SB15
thank you!!

Silly question I guess but just for my own sanity: Can I also check in and just hang out in the lounge all day then?
Sanity you will not have if you hang out in the lounge all day. But otherwise yes you can.
Old Aug 20, 2021, 2:15 pm

Programs: BA Bronze

I received a text message for early bag drop-off for a flight today, for bag drop-off the night before, with flight being at 15.20.so might include afternoon for some days.
Old Aug 20, 2021, 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by Erwin10
I received a text message for early bag drop-off for a flight today, for bag drop-off the night before, with flight being at 15.20.so might include afternoon for some days.
Thanks for that. Logically BA are struggling a bit in the mornings on peak days so I can see that with Twilight check-in, the use of the Arrivals lounge, the HEX platform check-in - they seem to be doing what they can to shove workload away from the early parts of the day. So I had a feeling that they wouldn't mind people using the service. I think there would be a potential system problem if more than 24 hours was involved but I'd hope that could be handled regardless. Flights are still very morning centric so as to minimise night stops, and T5 was never designed for every passenger to hold down check-in staff for long periods checking PCRs and umpteen versions of PLFs.
m8_rotate likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2021, 2:18 pm
Original Poster

Sanity you will not have if you hang out in the lounge all day. But otherwise yes you can.
Ha! It’s a weird situation so sanity has long left the equation—thanks again!
alex67500 likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 3:48 pm

Programs: BA Gold, FB Gold, *G, Hilton Diamond, Just Eat Platinum For Life
Hi all, resurrecting this particular thread to ask about twilight check-in. Is it for premium passengers only or can any class avail of this privilege? Thanks.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 3:51 pm

Yes, all passengers, all cabins.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 4:05 pm

Programs: BA Gold, FB Gold, *G, Hilton Diamond, Just Eat Platinum For Life
Many thanks, C-W-S.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.