Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Twitter team: Response time now +36hrs?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2021 | 2:32 am
Original Poster
5 Years on Site

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
BA Twitter team: Response time now +36hrs?

Hello

I got two days ago a FTV booking cancelled and like to get the cash refund on this occasion (MMB doesn't give me the direct option to request the refund as - so do I believe - I have used a FTV and additional cash to make the booking and hence MMB tells me to call in instead for my rebooking/ cancellation options).

I have sent my details to the Twitter team - normally they are quite good and they responded in my experience within a few hours - but I haven't heard anything back for more than 37 hours now. I can assume BA has cut the team in the usual spirit of cost savings and they are now struggling to keep up? Had to tweet AF last week and they responded within 20min, as a comparison.

I give them another 12 hours and then I'll call in; just wanted to post so you are aware in case you think of the Twitter team for something urgent in the future.

D
Old Aug 14, 2021 | 2:43 am
10 Years on Site

Programs: QRPC Platinum, KFEG
I can't comment on the response times but the quality of support on BA twitter has gone down dramatically.
They're trying to automate a lot but it's basically just a maze to point you back to the website or MMB. They used to be the go-to channel for quick resolution but lately they seem misinformed, ask you 10 questions to confirm your identity and then you get nothing or a wrong / boilerplate answer or link to a website.
Old Aug 14, 2021 | 2:47 am
5 Years on Site

Originally Posted by AAtticus
I can't comment on the response times but the quality of support on BA twitter has gone down dramatically.
They're trying to automate a lot but it's basically just a maze to point you back to the website or MMB. They used to be the go-to channel for quick resolution but lately they seem misinformed, ask you 10 questions to confirm your identity and then you get nothing or a wrong / boilerplate answer or link to a website.
I have to agree. I used to find them excellent but now the quality/ accuracy of the answers is often poor. Perhaps theyre under pressure but Id of thought giving them an extra resource would be relatively cost effective
Old Aug 14, 2021 | 2:49 am
10 Countries Visited10 Years on Site

Originally Posted by Duck1981
Hello

I got two days ago a FTV booking cancelled and like to get the cash refund on this occasion (MMB doesn't give me the direct option to request the refund as - so do I believe - I have used a FTV and additional cash to make the booking and hence MMB tells me to call in instead for my rebooking/ cancellation options).

I have sent my details to the Twitter team - normally they are quite good and they responded in my experience within a few hours - but I haven't heard anything back for more than 37 hours now. I can assume BA has cut the team in the usual spirit of cost savings and they are now struggling to keep up? Had to tweet AF last week and they responded within 20min, as a comparison.

I give them another 12 hours and then I'll call in; just wanted to post so you are aware in case you think of the Twitter team for something urgent in the future.

D
As far as Im aware theres been no cuts.

Based on call volumes the last year has been the most continuously intense period of time in the contact centres. When there is such demand with people calling, there is also going to be a big increase in people contacting social media.

Im surprised that peoples reaction is that BA must either not have everyone working or have made cuts.

Personally I think its obvious that travel isnt back to normal and what effect this would have on contacting BA.
Old Aug 14, 2021 | 2:53 am
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited10 Years on Site

I’ve had similar wait time from the Twitter team too. My queries were about BAH cancellation and basically after waiting days for them to respond they said they couldn’t help and I would have to call.

Not sure about staffing levels but on the Avios side, they are recruiting heavily at the moment for home based agents.
Old Aug 14, 2021 | 2:55 am

Programs: BAEC, KOP 305
Originally Posted by AAtticus
I've tried numerous telephone numbers to contact BA, but no matter what options I choose I get a closed line. Does anyone know a telephone number/options that is not closed?

Thanks!
Old Aug 14, 2021 | 3:01 am
5 Years on Site

As a data point I have been conversing with BA Twitter both @ and using DMs for the past two weeks in a bid to get an Avios flight changed. They respond on average every 2 days with a different agent telling me something different each time and often leave me on read.

I shouldnt phone as the booking is for more than 8 weeks time however I want the Avios to book for September this year. Although my request is not complicated it seems to be beyond the wit of anyone who reads it.
Old Aug 14, 2021 | 3:02 am
10 Countries Visited10 Years on Site

Originally Posted by Rome77
I've tried numerous telephone numbers to contact BA, but no matter what options I choose I get a closed line. Does anyone know a telephone number/options that is not closed?

Thanks!
Its not closed, but as per my previous post it is under large sustained demand.
Old Aug 14, 2021 | 3:13 am
Original Poster
5 Years on Site

Originally Posted by Anonba
As far as Im aware theres been no cuts.

Based on call volumes the last year has been the most continuously intense period of time in the contact centres. When there is such demand with people calling, there is also going to be a big increase in people contacting social media.

Im surprised that peoples reaction is that BA must either not have everyone working or have made cuts.

Personally I think its obvious that travel isnt back to normal and what effect this would have on contacting BA.
My severe apologies for my attempt to get help from your employer, to which I've paid a few thousands pounds in February (when nobody was booking any flights in an attempt to support your company), so I can get the cash back for a service paid which will not be delivered.
Old Aug 14, 2021 | 3:24 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
30 Countries Visited40 Countries Visited50 Countries Visited10 Years on Site

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
My severe apologies for my attempt to get help from your employer, to which I've paid a few thousands pounds in February (when nobody was booking any flights in an attempt to support your company), so I can get the cash back for a service paid which will not be delivered.
I can certainly understand the frustration, but you must have known that this was a speculative / "maybe" booking? Since it's a refund off a cancellation can it not wait a week or two? And if not you could chargeback?
Old Aug 14, 2021 | 3:53 am
10 Countries Visited15 Years on Site

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Avis Preferred
we've all suffered the annoyance to calling. this morning would have been the normal optimal time i call in to deal with these issues rather quickly and in one interaction being saturday morning. i certainly wouldnt rely on a twitter person to manage getting me back my hundreds or thousands of gbp in one DM.
Old Aug 14, 2021 | 3:54 am
Original Poster
5 Years on Site

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I can certainly understand the frustration, but you must have known that this was a speculative / "maybe" booking? Since it's a refund off a cancellation can it not wait a week or two? And if not you could chargeback?
Whilst typing another post I called in and was answered within 15min and got my refund. My apologies for my earlier frustration.

Re/ the speculative booking - yes correct, but at that point I thought I intentionally book as its the best to support the company, hope for the best that the flight will actually happen, and not cashing out on the FTV.
Old Aug 14, 2021 | 3:55 am
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited5 Years on Site

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de Actes Bnfiques pour les Autres, BAEC Gold.
If it is a refund for flights (as opposed to a BA Holiday Booking), have to tried PM'ing 'BA Refund Helper' via this forum?

I used his services earlier in the year and found the service excellent and very quick.

Just click on his name (in green) and then 'Send Private message to BA Refund Helper' from the following thread:

BA contact centres

I sent him my flight details/PNR etc and recevied a reply later the same day. The refund hit my credit card a couple of days later

I believe he can only deal with flight bookings and not holiday bookings though.

Edit: Just seen you have got through by telephone and issue resolved whilst I was typing the above.
Old Aug 14, 2021 | 3:59 am
Original Poster
5 Years on Site

As an update, I called in and got an answer within 15min.

Apologies if I sounded unnecessary frustrated. I leave all my previous posts unedited so you can form you own opinion about me
Old Aug 14, 2021 | 4:16 am
Original Poster
5 Years on Site

Originally Posted by Jimbojumbo
As a data point I have been conversing with BA Twitter both @ and using DM’s for the past two weeks in a bid to get an Avios flight changed. They respond on average every 2 days with a different agent telling me something different each time and often ‘leave me on read’.

I shouldn’t phone as the booking is for more than 8 weeks time however I want the Avios to book for September this year. Although my request is not complicated it seems to be beyond the wit of anyone who reads it.
As per my other posts I called this Saturday AM and was answered within 15. Maybe Sat/ Sun AM is a good time to try.
Jimbojumbo likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.