Community
Wiki Posts
Search

speedbird.online

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2022, 4:07 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
This geek is going to spend too much time watching those

Small feature request: could you add the time of the last refresh of data on the pages? Either in the title at the top if you update all of them one-shot, or as an extract column in the table if they're updated at different times. Thanks!
LCY8737 likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2022, 12:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
Originally Posted by alex67500
This geek is going to spend too much time watching those

Small feature request: could you add the time of the last refresh of data on the pages? Either in the title at the top if you update all of them one-shot, or as an extract column in the table if they're updated at different times. Thanks!
I pull the data all at once, but the weather stations all report at slightly different times. Added another column that gives the time the data was reported.
ExpatExp and alex67500 like this.
Old Jul 18, 2022, 2:40 am
Original Poster

I have tweaked the "hottest" section a bit, this now comes in two versions:

Hottest Now: Shows which BA destinations are the hottest now (data updated every 6 hours).

Hottest within last 24 hours: Shows the airports with the highest temperatures over the last 24 hours (and hence accounts for night/day differences).

LHR may have a chance to make it to the top 10 today - requires 39C/102F. Lets hope it doesn't go to number 1 (currently held by KWI - 47C/117F).
ExpatExp likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2022, 11:02 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
Hiya

Great website - very clever. Just one point Las Vegas airport is no longer called McCarran - it is Harry Reid International.

regards

aks120
Old Jul 18, 2022, 11:35 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by aks120
Hiya

Great website - very clever. Just one point Las Vegas airport is no longer called McCarran - it is Harry Reid International.

regards

aks120
Thank you, airport name updated. Some further background on the new name: https://www.travelandleisure.com/tra...ame-harry-reid
aks120 likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 3:39 am

Programs: BAEC
Super resource - I love that you can take a bunch of raw data and turn it into something genuinely useful.

Can I suggest an expansion of one of the features? That is Redeem or Buy ( with Companion Voucher ).

Appreciate that the ranking may not change and there's a bit of a complication with how many points the second person would earn depending on their status, so it probably means adding a second selector.

I've tried to do this myself on Excel but couldn't get the maths/logic to come up with the same figure as you - so I gave up!
Old Jul 24, 2022, 1:20 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Hydebear
Super resource - I love that you can take a bunch of raw data and turn it into something genuinely useful.

Can I suggest an expansion of one of the features? That is Redeem or Buy ( with Companion Voucher ).

Appreciate that the ranking may not change and there's a bit of a complication with how many points the second person would earn depending on their status, so it probably means adding a second selector.

I've tried to do this myself on Excel but couldn't get the maths/logic to come up with the same figure as you - so I gave up!
I've added Companion Vouchers to the Earn or Burn calculator results, but agree with your view that it is pretty complicated in terms of scenarios (between 4 status levels and (off-)peak redemptions). There is a lot of information on that results page now, and it doesn't make for easy reading.
Hydebear and FamilyOf6 like this.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 2:23 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by LCY8737
I've added Companion Vouchers to the Earn or Burn calculator results, but agree with your view that it is pretty complicated in terms of scenarios (between 4 status levels and (off-)peak redemptions). There is a lot of information on that results page now, and it doesn't make for easy reading.

This is great - for me, it's really useful! Thank you !

Agreed that there's lots of info to wade through - some formatting tweaks could resolve some of that.

What I've never considered is the value of tier points themselves which is whole new can of worms!
Old Aug 4, 2022, 7:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JAXBA

BA's calculation uses the 'ticketed point mileage' method used in fare construction. In Amadeus, for this is the entry FQM followed by the string of cities, for example FQMLHRHELDOH gives:

Code:
FQMLHRHELDOH
FQM LON HEL DOH

CTY DC TPM CUM MPM DC LVL <HGL >LWL 25M XTRA GCM
LON 2
HEL 2 EH 1130 1130 1372 EH 0M 242 0 1715 0 1138
DOH 2 EH 2732 3862 4074 EH 0M 212 0 5092 0 2731
The TPM column is the one BA is using for calculating Avios (both for earning and for Avios required to redeem)
I have been playing around with some scheduling APIs that also included TPM, so as of today the Avios/tier point calculator on Speedbird Online uses TPM and there should be no more gaps between Avios calculations on Speedbird Online and ba.com. The Advanced Calculator continues to be based on actual distance (there are just too many potential city pair combinations).
Old Aug 15, 2022, 9:50 pm

What an excellent resource!

How can I "buy a coffee" for the site owner?

There doesn't appear to be a link to the website creator's info.
Old Sep 4, 2022, 2:46 am
Original Poster

Speedbird Online now also has current and historic (starting July 2022) NOTAM data for airports served by BA, available at: https://speedbird.online/airport_notam.php

An example is here: https://speedbird.online/airport_not...-22&output=raw
Picked this one as an example because I liked how Heathrow put their summer capacity restrictions into a NOTAM - not sure this is wha a NOTAM is supposed to be about...

There are display options for the raw NOTAMS and a decoded version. The decoded version is fairly rough around the edges (many of the abbreviations used depend on context, so it is unfortunately not straightforward to decode them automatically).
Old Sep 5, 2022, 5:55 am

Programs: BAEC Gold-GGL
On the fares tables is it possible to add in how many TPs the route will earn?
The_Diamond_Z likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2022, 1:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fluffymitten
On the fares tables is it possible to add in how many TPs the route will earn?
Have you tried the fare search? Does that help?

If that is not it, did you simply want another column that says e.g. 40 TP next to the fare?
Old Sep 6, 2022, 2:10 am

Programs: BAEC Gold-GGL
Originally Posted by LCY8737
Have you tried the fare search? Does that help?

If that is not it, did you simply want another column that says e.g. 40 TP next to the fare?
I was just thinking of something simple (she says!) like an extra column but I hadn't spotted that search function. Thanks!
Old Sep 15, 2022, 5:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fluffymitten
I was just thinking of something simple (she says!) like an extra column but I hadn't spotted that search function. Thanks!
I have added an additional column to the page that gives the cost per tier point:
https://speedbird.online/fares.php?v...est_Fares_Tier

I didn't add it to the other tables as I was thinking it would make things harder to read. Hope this helps - and sorry it took a while.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.