Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Are the T5 business parking pods operating ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Are the T5 business parking pods operating ?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2021, 8:04 am

Programs: BA Gold, *A Gold, IHG Platinum
Pods are out of action again…
Old Nov 19, 2021, 8:06 am
A13

Programs: BA Silver
just got the same message regarding my pod booking for first week of december.
ffs.
Old Nov 19, 2021, 8:13 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
They’re also sending it out for bookings in early 2022…. not a good sign.
Old Nov 19, 2021, 10:37 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
I have a POD booking for early December. Nothing received yet but what a disappointment. Might as well just use the ordinary long term and save a few quid then.
Old Nov 19, 2021, 10:53 am

Programs: BA Gold
shame, was going to give it a try in June, shall find a long term option instead.
Old Nov 19, 2021, 11:45 am

I got the email today as well, so I've stumped up a bit extra to switch to short stay. Shame, was looking forward to a pod ride again!
wonder if it's a technical issue or a covid safety issue?
Old Nov 19, 2021, 2:19 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue (back to Earth)
They did seem to be running pods earlier in the week. Anyone know what the impediment to using them is?
Old Nov 20, 2021, 9:05 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
I’m parked there at the moment, the pods were working fine when I arrived on 17/11. Pretty cheeky not to offer some sort of refund or credit for not providing the PODs on return
Old Dec 3, 2021, 3:14 pm
A13

Programs: BA Silver
Anyone know what buses they are using as a replacement?
Travelling tomorrow with infant - standard bus used like LS so can wheel on pram or not?
Old Dec 4, 2021, 10:00 am

Programs: BA Gold, *A Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by A13
Anyone know what buses they are using as a replacement?
Travelling tomorrow with infant - standard bus used like LS so can wheel on pram or not?
They’re using the minibuses that were used for Business Parking.

Which didn’t go down too well with me after my last arrival. Ended up waiting in a line at T5 for 30 minutes or so before I could get on one. And you’re paying a premium for that too…

Regular long stay for me until either the pods are back in action or the Business Parking re-opens. They’re charging extra for a service they’re not providing, and won’t be providing for the foreseeable future.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 2:43 am

Programs: BA
Angry T5 Pod Parking Permanently Closed

'Please note: POD parking will be operating a bus service from 22nd November for the foreseeable future:' is now on the T5 Pod Parking / Heathrow page.

Okay, there are a few differing versions of how long 'the foreseeable future' is, but it's not looking good for the pods, which never let me down (apart from the obvious repeated forgetting I'd pre-booked / pre-paid and trying to charge me £220+ on exit of course) I thought the pods were the future, clearly not. I hear pods were tested in Greenwich in 2018, I haven't seen any in a few trips there over the past year though.

Ah I had a look at a photo I took of one, apparently it was 2014 through to 2017 when I used them 3 or 4 times a year. Where's the time gone? They were relatively new then, not 11 years old at least. Maybe they just took me back to some of the rides at Blackpool Pleasure Beach or Alton Towers I went on as a lad.

I thought they were a grand way to start a journey either way.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 2:53 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by Fencemaster
'I thought they were a grand way to start a journey either way.
For amusement, when staying at the Sofitel I would take a trip to the car park and back just for the ride. LIttle things they say...
mrow, lloydah, pacenotes and 1 others like this.
Old Feb 26, 2022, 9:58 am

Bus stop 28 for Pod parking at Arrivals

Originally Posted by jwhite9185
Used the Pod Parking last week, and it was a bus service.

It was the Business minibuses, and at both ends, there was one ready and waiting to go as soon as I boarded. In all, it didn’t take too much longer than the pod.
Old Mar 5, 2022, 10:26 am

Programs: BA
any news on when this will revert to pod transfers? the whole world is reopening and I dont really see the point in not running them anymore......
Old Mar 5, 2022, 11:08 am

Programs: BAEC Gold-GGL
Originally Posted by buzby22
any news on when this will revert to pod transfers? the whole world is reopening and I dont really see the point in not running them anymore......
I suspect the issue isn't with covid; I have an unsubstantiated hunch that there's a maintenance issue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.