Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Book with Confidence - BA Holiday - Change one person

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2021, 5:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA exec club, Flying Blue, VFC, IHG Rewards, EasyJet Plus

Morning all

Sorry to start a new thread but I've not found anything in a few searches as yet. Even the BA FAQ page is vague on this, it says to call the call centre but it's impossible to get through at the moment, probably due to people fleeing Mexico or something! So I wondered if anyone here has done this already.

So a friend has booked a BA holiday (Flight + Car) with another friend, and that other person can't now go. Is it possible to amend the booking to change one person for another (me!) It was quite a good fare in a sale, so just cancelling and re-booking will cost a lot more. Not looking to change the flight, just the name of one passenger.

Cheers
TT
Old Aug 8, 2021, 5:39 am

Programs: BAEC - Gold
Yes I’ve done this a few times without charge under BWC with BAH. No idea how much it would be usually, or whether it’s normally possible.
travellingtechie likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2021, 8:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Wow, a passenger change is possible under BWC? News to me
Old Aug 8, 2021, 10:33 am

Programs: BAEC - Gold
I think it’s usually possible for a fee (I’ve done that too), the difference now is that they are waving change fees. To be clear, this is a BAH booking not flight only.
mikeyfly and travellingtechie like this.
Old Jan 20, 2022, 2:52 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum, ALL Gold, Bonvoy Gold Elite, HHonors Gold
I'm in a similar situation now with a BA Holiday flight+car booking, albeit I just played myself by apparently putting in the other passenger's middle name also as a surname (Joe Citizen Citizen, instead of Joe Citizen Public). MMB accepted the correct passport details, but it's already caused problems with accepting their BAEC number or Avis Preferred number because of the wrong name.

I know I can probably amend (or cancel and re-book) this under BWC no problem, but is there any trick to be done that does not involve the call centre, since they're impossible to get a hold of?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.