Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Global Entry Renewal for UK citizen?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2021, 3:24 pm

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
I submitted my renewal application on 1st June. You can only apply within a year of the scheduled expiry date, which will coincide with the day and month of your birthday. Once your renewal application has been conditionally approved you then have to have your interview (if required) within two years. There is currently a (not insignificant) grace period for renewals due to COVID. My interview was at LAS on 22nd July and consisted of having my photo and fingerprints taken. Approval came through after about an hour. The $100 fee was credited back to me as an Amex Platinum benefit.
Old Jul 29, 2021, 3:27 pm

Programs: Plat Pro AAdvantage, but defected to BAEC
It really is a crapshoot. I renewed back in 2019. UK citizen, US resident. My approval came back 3 days after I submitted the request and the card showed up in the mail about a week later. My wife applied the day after me and her approval took 4 months!

Neither of us were required to take an interview, nor have new photos/fingerprints.
Old Jul 29, 2021, 3:29 pm

Hi Geordie405,
thank you for replying.
yes, renewals seem to be moving along.
if an interview is not required in some cases, then it looks like they will mail out your new card but without an updated photo,
Old Jul 29, 2021, 3:34 pm

And thanks also Reetmafreen!
Old Jul 29, 2021, 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by Countrygirl
Anyone know if you are automatically sent a new renewal card when your approval comes through for Global Entry? My renewal just approved today but I didn’t know how to get a new card. Applied in US as US citizen.
Thank you
My son (US citizen) applied for renewal on July 19 and was notified of approval within a day. The new card was received on July 27. Additionally, he received a renewal reminder email exactly three months prior to expiration date.
Old Jul 29, 2021, 4:29 pm

(Not in the UK.) I sent in my renewal application in early 2020, shortly before they suspended processing applications. I was contacted in late February of this year and told to schedule an interview, which I did at SEA in early March. About halfway through the interview, the officer discovered that mine was a renewal application and cut the interview short, telling me that I was approved on the spot. Calling me in may have been a goof on their part. He told me about some changes they had made to the GE kiosks, and that was about it. They had already collected my prints and a headshot by that point, and I got a new card a few days later.
Old Jul 29, 2021, 5:22 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
We were first time applicants and never got approved! The pandemic occurred before we could get out to the States. Not sure where we stand now, we keep getting the emails advising us of where we can attend our interviews.
Old Jul 29, 2021, 6:29 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, VS Gold, HH Diamond, Accor Gold
In the UK also, and renewed a few months ago. My timeline was:
6th May - submitted request to uk.gov site
7th May - got code, submitted renewal to CBP
9th June - got conditional renewal, had to schedule online interview
15th June - had (quick!) interview over Zoom, got approval through almost immediately

It took a few days of repeated searching to find online interviews available. I deliberately used a US timezone, but managed to get a slot early afternoon UK time.
Old Jul 29, 2021, 7:29 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Clearly a wide variety of experiences above: I (UK citizen/US resident) started my GE renewal back in February with an interview booked for August (!). At the same time I renewed my GC with a document check within three weeks and new GC arrived a few days later (Mrs CKBA is still waiting...).
Old Jul 29, 2021, 7:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
So far:
Paid my £42 to the UK Border Force just after 7pm last night and got a code 4 hours later.
Old Jul 30, 2021, 1:58 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by xenole
So far:
Paid my £42 to the UK Border Force just after 7pm last night and got a code 4 hours later.
I'm intrigued by a 'code 4' - could be a nod-and-a-wink to go through without any checks, or a comprehensive pat-down... .
Old Jul 30, 2021, 2:08 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Dicksbits
We were first time applicants and never got approved! The pandemic occurred before we could get out to the States. Not sure where we stand now, we keep getting the emails advising us of where we can attend our interviews.
The timeframe for completion has been extended. If you dig around I think you'll find a reference to the interview needing to take place within 730 days of conditional approval being granted. I don't think the date of conditional approval shows on your dashboard but the email notifying you of it will be a reasonably accurate guide.

The remote interview pilot only applies to renewals. The announcement (https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/nationa...veler-programs) says 'First time applicants are not yet eligible to participate' which seems to offer some hope that the scheme might be extended in the future.
Dicksbits likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2021, 2:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by CKBA
I'm intrigued by a 'code 4' - could be a nod-and-a-wink to go through without any checks, or a comprehensive pat-down... .
Probably not
It's some sort of GEDX567CQ type number / letter sequence that comes through and you enter this into a box on the US website.
Arrived by email 4 hours after I made the application / paid the £42.

Well, application is now completed. Some info from last time was there, but had to update employment details etc. including say a 2 week period between jobs i.e. finish 20th Jan, start again 4th Feb. They want to know what you were doing during that gap.
Lots of "save and continue", "verify every page multiple times" etc. and then when you pay, practically instant so it's hard to tell if it worked.
Just awaiting approval now and a potential interview.
Old Jul 30, 2021, 3:22 am

Programs: Chevalier de la Gallentrie - Knight of the Platinum Hair Brush, BA Gold, Hilton Gold
For a first time applicant for GE (UK resident), are you able to arrange the face to face interview for a time when you are going to be passing through one of the US entry points (JFK, for example), or are there locations in the UK that this can be carried out?
Old Jul 30, 2021, 4:25 am

Programs: BAEC, IHG, Nandos
Originally Posted by efincomputer
For a first time applicant for GE (UK resident), are you able to arrange the face to face interview for a time when you are going to be passing through one of the US entry points (JFK, for example), or are there locations in the UK that this can be carried out?
You can do your interview on arrival at JFK, simply on arriving and going through the border. You don’t need an appointment, and it’s available most of the day. If you search “Enrolment on arrival / EoA locations” it confirms all of the airports where you can do this, plus opening times. AFAIK, it is not possible to do the interview in the UK, although video interviews may become available in the future, but this is unconfirmed.

Useful to take the printout of conditional approval & your driving license / proof of address too.
efincomputer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.