Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Change of terminals LHR query

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2021, 9:44 am
Original Poster

Change of terminals LHR query

LAX-LHR-Athens in a week. Our layover arrives in Terminal 3, but need to get to T5 (1st class tix). I realize we take the connections bus and we have plenty of time between flts, but is there any consideration/faster lines at security in getting from one terminal to the other for 1st? Don't think it matters but it is American Airlines/British Airways (oper by BA) 1st class to LHR, BA Club world to Athens (as there is no 1st class on 2nd leg). We are planning on spending our 4 hr layover at Concorde.

Cheers!

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jul 26, 2021 at 10:00 am Reason: Wrong forum, Will moved to BA forum
Old Jul 26, 2021, 10:02 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I don't think you will be coming in to T3 next week on AA tbh.

However, just to answer, there is no fast track available on that connection either in terms of the transfer or at security after you go through connections at T5.
bvmcginnis likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2021, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Also there’s no Concorde Lounge, just the terrace area of the Gold lounge.

There’s also no Club World to Athens, but an eco seat with the middle seat blocked… but I’m sure you are aware of this
Old Jul 26, 2021, 11:56 am

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
… but I’m sure you are aware of this
You’re sounding very confident 😁😁😁

But good to pre-warn the OP if they weren’t aware, intra-Europe Business class is a different product to US domestic ‘business’ (First) class.
Old Jul 26, 2021, 12:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by krispy84
You’re sounding very confident 😁😁😁

But good to pre-warn the OP if they weren’t aware, intra-Europe Business class is a different product to US domestic ‘business’ (First) class.
Which can be quite a shock to somebody from the US.
QT31415 and SxMan like this.
Old Jul 26, 2021, 1:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KARFA
I don't think you will be coming in to T3 next week on AA tbh.

However, just to answer, there is no fast track available on that connection either in terms of the transfer or at security after you go through connections at T5.

Thank you, I was expecting to stay in T5, but on the BA website under manage my flt, it says T3. I hope you are right.
Old Jul 26, 2021, 1:22 pm

Programs: Accor ALL Gold, BAEC Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by bvmcginnis
LAX-LHR-Athens in a week. Our layover arrives in Terminal 3, but need to get to T5 (1st class tix). I realize we take the connections bus and we have plenty of time between flts, but is there any consideration/faster lines at security in getting from one terminal to the other for 1st? Don't think it matters but it is American Airlines/British Airways (oper by BA) 1st class to LHR, BA Club world to Athens (as there is no 1st class on 2nd leg). We are planning on spending our 4 hr layover at Concorde.

Cheers!
American Airlines are scheduled to move on 2/8
Old Jul 26, 2021, 1:24 pm

Programs: BAEC, VS Flying Club
Originally Posted by marcokng
American Airlines are scheduled to move on 2/8
The OP says they’re flying BA metal on both legs so not sure why they’re being told they’ll arrive at T3 when LAX is and has always been T5.
Old Jul 26, 2021, 1:30 pm

Programs: Accor ALL Gold, BAEC Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by GumshoeW12
The OP says they’re flying BA metal on both legs so not sure why they’re being told they’ll arrive at T3 when LAX is and has always been T5.
Ah. I didn't read it properly! Definitely not sure why its showing T3 then. Disregarding OP's question re: LAX, BA aren't due to move back until after 10/8 with the date TBC.
Old Jul 26, 2021, 1:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
You will not be arriving at T3 but T5 if you are on BA.
Old Jul 26, 2021, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by mikeyfly
There’s also no Club World to Athens, but an eco seat with the middle seat blocked… but I’m sure you are aware of this
Well, it's worth noting that BA is flying a 787 to ATH with Club World seats on Friday next week - BA 636.

If OP is booked on that, enjoy! If booked on a different flight on Friday, definitely worth trying to change to that one. And if flying on another day, well enjoy CE.
Old Jul 26, 2021, 2:08 pm

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
Originally Posted by TomMM
Which can be quite a shock to somebody from the US.
So it seems. I don’t think it should.
Old Jul 26, 2021, 3:30 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GumshoeW12
I know, right? Is operated by BA. Only the first leg was ticketed as AA, but again, op as BA. It DOES make sense about T5. I'll keep an eye.
Old Jul 26, 2021, 6:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Ldnn1
Well, it's worth noting that BA is flying a 787 to ATH with Club World seats on Friday next week - BA 636.

If OP is booked on that, enjoy! If booked on a different flight on Friday, definitely worth trying to change to that one. And if flying on another day, well enjoy CE.
Ah, if you are referring to my LAX-LHR-ATHens, yes it's Club Europe BA622 on a 320-100 and not til mid next week
Old Jul 26, 2021, 6:24 pm
Original Poster

Depart at 18:45, Thu 05 Aug 2021
Los Angeles International (CA) Terminal 0
AA0134FirstConfirmedBoeing 777 jet
10H 30MOperated by American AirlinesArrive at 13:15, Fri 06 Aug 2021
Heathrow (London) Terminal 3
---
cut/pasted right off my "Manage my flight" on British Airways webpage. I still don't believe it will be 3.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.