Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Full Plane COVID testing - BA to Crete (CHQ)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Full Plane COVID testing - BA to Crete (CHQ)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2021, 10:36 am
jmd

Programs: BAEC gold
Originally Posted by marble35
Were children tested too? Have a four and seven year old flying on 21/08!
not in EFL at least - they were very quick to say that they had no interest in testing our 7 year old.
Old Jul 23, 2021, 9:39 am

Programs: BA Silver
Chania data point 23 July. Only interested in testing those over 12 not double vaccinated. Despite this still a bit chaotic though!

I guess that this + previous posts backs up the assertion on the Greek PLF website that testing is random. The collective FT experience seems to prove the point.
Old Jul 23, 2021, 11:16 am
Suspended

Programs: SQ LPPS, A3 *G, BA Silver aiming for Bronze
Even internally in Greece there are checks on anyone travelling to the islands, a vaccination certificate is inspected at ATH on check in and there can still be testing on arrival on the islands. Greece wants to keep the islands safe and while a tad inconvenient the testing is fine and as far as I've seen, well managed.
becks1 likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2021, 9:22 am

Programs: OW
Data point: fully vaxxed and on LHR-CHQ today - easily 90% of adults on flight tested on arrival. All very efficient - was in CE so given passport back just after luggage collected, and result received with an hour. Seems to differ to some experiences above but it was definitely more a case of “random selection” for those escaping the test requirement.
Old Jul 28, 2021, 10:36 am

Programs: BA Gold; Marriott Plat
I flew into CFU on Saturday. Lead passengers on the PLF were sent for testing, other passengers sent straight to baggage reclaim. I kept my passport the entire time. Waited in a "waiting area" for 15 mins before my name was called and told I can leave. Also received an SMS with the result. My bag arrived 2 mins after I did.
Old Jul 31, 2021, 4:13 am

Programs: BAEC GGL & CCR / QF LTG
Data point 30 July for CHQ

• I’m double vaccinated, partner is not (-ve PCR tested)
  • Flew CE in row 1
  • Disembarked at CHQ via front and rear doors with a bus to the terminal
  • First at COVID checkpoint after passport control
  • I was allowed through to baggage collection showing the NHS PDF of my vaccination status
  • Partner was required to undertake rapid test. Was very efficient, passport held for 15 minutes until valid test confirmed. Text received about 40 mins later confirming -ve result.

Alas my bag did not leave LHR, but that’s off topic!
Old Jul 31, 2021, 4:26 am
Original Poster

Sounds like they have improved the process - when we arrived it felt like it was their first time. Good news.

Surprised about the bus transfer as we were allowed to walk across the apron with plane on Stand 1 / Gate 16 into non-Schengen arrivals. Same on why back. We were pleased about that as we wasn’t too keen on the a sardine-packed bus transfer.

PS: For your return, the check-in staff had no idea what VeriFLY was (called a supervisor to check). Insisted on seeing the PLFs and COVID tests for each passenger. Heathrow was quite quiet at 20:40 and we had only 5 mins in the snake for eGates.
Old Aug 1, 2021, 4:45 am

Programs: AA Concierge Key, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum
We flew BA 622 LHR-ATH yesterday, and they just looked at the PLF and CDC vaccination certificate (we are Americans). It didn’t look like they were testing anyone, although we were in CE and some of the first off the plane.

BTW the disembarkation was strange — when we landed and pulled up to the gate they wouldn’t let anyone stand up until their row was called. We couldn’t figure out if this was a BA thing or a Greek thing.
oceanscape likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2021, 4:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by DynamoLA
BTW the disembarkation was strange — when we landed and pulled up to the gate they wouldn’t let anyone stand up until their row was called. We couldn’t figure out if this was a BA thing or a Greek thing.
Its currently a BA thing and I really like it. Calm and easy should stay going forward, in my opinion
Old Aug 2, 2021, 1:24 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Its currently a BA thing and I really like it. Calm and easy should stay going forward, in my opinion

A recent flight to EDI had stairs attached to the rear. They offloaded by row number, from the front! Then, while the people in row 1-6 were still queued at the rear they asked rows 7-12 to go and so on

I was in row 7, I got off last because rows at the back were announced before the aisles were clear. The aisle was jammed.
Old Aug 20, 2021, 8:47 am

Programs: AF/KL Plat, AA Plat, HH Diamond
Any more recent experiences with this for BA arrivals into Greece?
Old Aug 20, 2021, 9:06 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club, Miles & Smiles, Skyteam, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honours
Originally Posted by Oxymore
Any more recent experiences with this for BA arrivals into Greece?
I'm on the 11:25am tomorrow so will post an update after
Oxymore likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2021, 10:04 am

Programs: Some
I flew to JMK last Friday and they were doing some testing on arrival but not the whole flight - not sure how they were selecting, but I wasn’t chosen (entering under vaccination status).
Old Aug 20, 2021, 10:24 am

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
I flew to JMK last Friday and they were doing some testing on arrival but not the whole flight - not sure how they were selecting, but I wasn’t chosen (entering under vaccination status).
I spoke to one of the guys at Thessaloniki airport last week. He was working in the testing area. It’s usually for people who are not vaccinated according to him.
Old Aug 20, 2021, 12:40 pm

Programs: BAEC, Skywards
Santorini yesterday. 2 vaxed adults and a tested teen. Had the plf and certificates visibly in my hand when we got to the immigration officer and he said ‘put it away”, stamped our passports and we were off…..no extra testing

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.