Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

T5 security Monday 12 july [no First Wing or Fast Track]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2021, 3:36 am
TGC
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL

Anyone traveling today be aware no first wing security and no fast track security at T5 as of 10:30 this morning
security is going to be a slow process
SxMan likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2021, 3:39 am
BOH

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
Originally Posted by TGC
Anyone traveling today be aware no first wing security and no fast track security at T5 as of 10:30 this morning
security is going to be a slow process
Any idea why?
Old Jul 12, 2021, 3:46 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I wonder if there is a staff shortage this morning?
Old Jul 12, 2021, 3:48 am

Originally Posted by BOH
Any idea why?
Staffing as a result of last night's football, would be a likely answer.
Old Jul 12, 2021, 3:57 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, MUCCI, Elite Fan of MO, ALL Accor Live Gold
Utter chaos at LHR T5 this morning. First the baggage system overheated resulting in a 40 min delay for me and then the horrendous queue for security. Apparently 126 BAA staff told to isolate by the NHS app, and sent home.
most flights at T5 are being delayed!!!!
Old Jul 12, 2021, 4:11 am

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
In the first 6 months of this year LHR handled 10% of its normal pre pandemic passengers numbers, just 3.8 million.
leaving aside why 3.8 million were travelling in the midst of this catastrophe, how can Heathrow expect passenger confidence to return when daily we are told of chaos on arrival or departure.
given the restricted nature of travel still, it is entirely possible to wait in queues at LHR for longer than the flying time to distant parts of Europe. It is simply not good enough
Old Jul 12, 2021, 4:34 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
I've already received 3 notifications from BA about my flight tomorrow morning, saying the airport will be busy, to check my bags in this evening and to arrive early.

BA and LHR have access to an extraordinary level of data about their predicted demand for any given day, segmented by number of passengers likely to arrive at T5 by hour - plus how many of them should have access to fast track services (which we have paid for, either by class of service or by having shovelled piles of cash their way over the years) - and which BA then pays LHR to provide. For them not to be able to then staff accordingly is really poor.
Old Jul 12, 2021, 4:41 am

Programs: BA Gold
Took over an hour to get through (in lounge now). Nicely socially distanced queue right up until the passport check desk where they forced everyone into a huge huddle, where we stayed for the next 30 mins or so. A complete shambles.
Old Jul 12, 2021, 4:44 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club GGL
Yes…all hungover after the football and off work I suspect.

Grim experience getting through fast track security just took nearly 90 mins. First wing firmly shut down
Grande Annee likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2021, 5:06 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de Actes Bénéfiques pour les Autres, BAEC Gold.
Originally Posted by Grande Annee
Apparently 126 BAA staff told to isolate by the NHS app, and sent home.
I wonder how many of them realised that if you open the NHS Test & Trace app, use the ‘check symptoms’ icon, and check any box that you are ‘suffering’ from one of the listed symptoms (fever, cough or loss of taste/smell) and put in the date, the app automatically tells you to self-isolate for 10 days!

There seems no difference to the 'You need to Self-Isolate' display whether you have been legitimately ‘pinged' or done the DIY version above. You don’t even need to book a test either!

Of course, people would not do the ‘trick’ I mention above to get a few days off work (sometimes paid) …………………. would they?

Incidentally, the way to get rid of the ‘You must self-isolate for 10 days’ display is to either take a test and input a negative result – or simply delete the app and re-install it!
Old Jul 12, 2021, 5:11 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by BarneyMcGrew
I wonder how many of them realised that if you open the NHS Test & Trace app, use the ‘check symptoms’ icon, and check any box that you are ‘suffering’ from one of the listed symptoms (fever, cough or loss of taste/smell) and put in the date, the app automatically tells you to self-isolate for 10 days!

There seems no difference to the 'You need to Self-Isolate' display whether you have been legitimately ‘pinged' or done the DIY version above. You don’t even need to book a test either!

Of course, people would not do the ‘trick’ I mention above to get a few days off work (sometimes paid) …………………. would they?

Incidentally, the way to get rid of the ‘You must self-isolate for 10 days’ display is to either take a test and input a negative result – or simply delete the app and re-install it!
Apparently (so a friend tells me), deleting the app and re-installing doesn't clear the self-isolate notifications.

Apparently the push notifications come back through between 15-30 mins after re-installing the app and the isolation requirement remains on the home screen in all its animated glory.

Apparently.
Old Jul 12, 2021, 5:26 am

Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
Apparently (so a friend tells me), deleting the app and re-installing doesn't clear the self-isolate notifications.

Apparently the push notifications come back through between 15-30 mins after re-installing the app and the isolation requirement remains on the home screen in all its animated glory.

Apparently.
Having tried out the 'trick' on Saturday - (it was going round the local pub as a ‘how to engineer Monday off') it showed I needed to isolate for 10 days.

I then deleted the app and re-installed it yesterday, it shows as ‘all clear’ again on the iPhone app.

Not that I needed to take Monday (or any day) off – being retired I am off anyway!
Old Jul 12, 2021, 5:31 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, MUCCI, Elite Fan of MO, ALL Accor Live Gold
Originally Posted by DEWalsh

Grim experience getting through fast track security just took nearly 90 mins. First wing firmly shut down
Took me about the same time to get through security and that was queue jumping as BA staff were walking along the HUGE queue asking for pax on flights departing 0900 or before to follow her. Still took an age to get through. No time for the lounge......straight to the gate and was one of the last to board.

FYI I arrived at T5 two hours and 15 minutes before my flight at 0900.
Old Jul 12, 2021, 5:41 am

The Daily Mail are 'on the case' about the delays at T5 Security this morning:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ve-queues.html

Old Jul 12, 2021, 5:58 am

Originally Posted by DEWalsh

Only in England.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.