Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

July 19 looks like the date when restriction will be lifted. But still unclear

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2021, 9:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP

According to what I am reading, restrictions will be lifted for UK citizens returning from amber countries.

But what about US citizens wanting to visit the UK?
Old Jul 8, 2021, 10:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
A lot of discussion and speculation concerning US and UK citizens is occurring in this thread:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/coro...tests-619.html
Old Jul 8, 2021, 11:02 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by zrs70
According to what I am reading, restrictions will be lifted for UK citizens returning from amber countries.

Nope, even Brits living abroad, fully vaccinated with UK-approved vaccines and coming from countries with lower incidence rates, don't get a pass yet.
Old Jul 9, 2021, 12:16 am

Programs: Tufty Club (Gold), BAGA Gymnastics level 4, 440yds swimming certificate
SOME restrictions are being lifted. Well just one really, the quarantine restriction at one end of the journey for a section of the UK public.
Old Jul 9, 2021, 12:33 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)

I would be surprised if US-UK travel is eased in any meaningful way until the UK-US travel ban is lifted. And rightly so in my view. It’s either safe for all of us to travel between the UK and the US or none of us, the US can’t have its cake and eat it too.
Old Jul 9, 2021, 1:22 am

Any changes anticipated for transfer passengers? The major downside to BA compared to LH or KLM is the need for testing, even for airside transfers of vaccinated travellers.
Old Jul 9, 2021, 1:32 am

Programs: Tufty Club (Gold), BAGA Gymnastics level 4, 440yds swimming certificate

Not until you put all your vaccination data in one big computer for us.
Old Jul 9, 2021, 2:21 am

Programs: OW Sapphire, *A Gold
Originally Posted by A P Yu
Not until you put all your vaccination data in one big computer for us.
Well the EU did just that and still not good enough for “Global Britain”
Old Jul 9, 2021, 2:59 am

Originally Posted by Deckter
Well the EU did just that and still not good enough for “Global Britain”
The EU didnt put any US Vaccination data in.

EU will be added next for sure, once the borders have been proved to be capable of managing the increased numbers. It would be madness to let everyone on from the start as we will be back to the 5 hour plus wait times at the border.
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2021, 3:05 am

But what about UK citizens wanting to visit the US? When you're open to us I'm sure we will open to you. 'Special relationships' aren't supposed to be one sided.
Old Jul 9, 2021, 3:24 am

Originally Posted by A P Yu
EU will be added next for sure, once the borders have been proved to be capable of managing the increased numbers. It would be madness to let everyone on from the start as we will be back to the 5 hour plus wait times at the border.
High time for somebody to start kicking UKBF's and the Home Office's collective bottoms. To be having six hour waits, as has been the case, at a time of record low passenger numbers is beyond pathetic.
redpalmetto and Deckter like this.
Old Jul 9, 2021, 3:34 am

Programs: BA Blue, EI Silver, Honours Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by 13901
High time for somebody to start kicking UKBF's and the Home Office's collective bottoms. To be having six hour waits, as has been the case, at a time of record low passenger numbers is beyond pathetic.
Can't say I disagree. Keeping people in poorly ventilated, mixing with "people you do not know" for even a limited time, let alone hours is highly undesirable. Having spent a week, on the beach, by the pool and dining outdoors in pretty empty Greek towns running at about 30% capacity I found myself "cheek by jowl" for an hour and a half at the UK border. As far as I can see, waiting for a UK border e-Gate was the highest risk activity of my holiday. My PLF wasn't even checked at the border, just my passport in the usual way.
Old Jul 9, 2021, 3:40 am

Originally Posted by BrianDromey
CMy PLF wasn't even checked at the border, just my passport in the usual way.
That's even funnier. My wife did a flight to HKG and immigration, there, took 4 hours. But short of a cavity check they did everything. Swabs, temperature, very detailed doc checks, baggage inspections... All delivered by staff fully clad in PPE. Over the top? Personally I think yes. But thorough? You bet.

Here we have a potentially long wait and at the end of it there's Bob. Who is not checking anything and isn't even masked because, you know, Covid doesn't apply to UKBF.
Old Jul 9, 2021, 4:10 am

Programs: Ba gold, gha black
The new rules set out by the government yesterday, while welcomed do smell a little bit of passing the blame onto other EU countries when British people book holidays but are forced to quarantine in their holiday country, or worse still dont get their summer holiday. You cant just say off you go to everyone, if the gesture isn't reciprocated abroad.
Old Jul 9, 2021, 5:29 am

Programs: BA Gold, etc. etc.
An FT article yesterday quoted a UK govt official stating that they were hoping to extend the quarantine exemption to fully vaccinated Americans with a CDC vaccination card by the end of July.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.