Wiki Posts
Search

Funchal and Proof of Vaccination

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2021, 6:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA LTGold; LH Senator; HHGold; Bonvoy Plat
Funchal and Proof of Vaccination

Has anyone direct experience of flying to Funchal with BA using the NHS App proof of vaccination?

The Madeiran government has said this is sufficient for entry. The Portuguese mainland government needs Covid tests.

I just want to make sure that BA understand the difference and wont expect to see a Covid test result.
Old Jun 16, 2021, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Deleted

Last edited by mikeyfly; Jun 16, 2021 at 7:37 am
Old Jun 16, 2021, 7:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Deleted as not read properly !
Old Jun 16, 2021, 7:37 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
From the NHS website :

So quite clear, you shouldn't be using this facility to save a few quid on your holiday
The OP was asking about using the NHS app as proof of vaccination. There was no suggestion of an NHS test
Old Jun 16, 2021, 7:41 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
i think it is just use of the nhs app to show vaccination rather than the OP suggesting using an nhs test for entry reasons?

the entry on the fco site says:

Demonstrating your COVID-19 vaccination status

If you have recovered from COVID-19 in the last 90 days, or have had both doses of the vaccine at least 15 days prior to travel, you will be exempt from showing a RT-PCR test on entry.

If you live in England, Madeira will accept your NHS letter to demonstrate your COVID-19 vaccination status. If you live in Scotland or Wales, Madeira will accept your respective NHS letter to demonstrate your COVID-19 vaccination status. Your NHS appointment card from vaccination centres is not designed to be used as proof of vaccination and should not be used to demonstrate your vaccine status.

Other travellers will need to show a medical report as evidence of your status.

Check the Madeira Tourist Board’s information for visitors for full details of entry requirements
so this would suggest the app and the pdf letter you can produced from it would be acceptable.

the entry is timatic is a bit more general, but i can't see a nhs app certificate wouldn't be acceptable.

- a COVID-19 vaccination certificate stating that they were fully vaccinated with AstraZeneca (Vaxzevria), Janssen, Moderna or Pfizer-BioNTech, Serum Institute of India, Sinopharm or Sinovac at least 14 days before arrival; or
Old Jun 16, 2021, 8:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KARFA
i think it is just use of the nhs app to show vaccination rather than the OP suggesting using an nhs test for entry reasons?

Yes - I saw this. In THEORY it should be fine. I just wanted to hear from anyone who has done it.

With Covid testing mandatory in Portugal, it wouldn't surprise me if an airline took that position too. Don't some airlines have this as a requirement to fly regardless?
KARFA likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2021, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by ukgooner
Yes - I saw this. In THEORY it should be fine. I just wanted to hear from anyone who has done it.
Check out this recent thread, BA stressing me checking in to FNC - pre load docs not reflecting Timatic - FlyerTalk Forums
Old Jun 16, 2021, 10:43 am
Original Poster

Thanks: Unfortunately I only searched for Funchal! Though what an earth pre load docs not reflecting Timatic means i couldn't tell you.

But the good news is people have been allowed to fly without a covid test.

Case closed. Thank you!
adrianlondon likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2021, 12:31 am

Programs: BA Silver / Aegean
  • Yeah we are off tomorrow. Have our Vaccination certificates and have already done the Madeira Safe registration, Have a Light Green Light QCR on the App, but no QCR Number. A bit confused.
  • BA dont seem to be able to take the uploaded Vaccine Certificate in " Manage my Booking" - Did you have same problem?
  • Guess we just go to T5 earlier and show check in the stuff - uploading it all seems very problematical!
Old Jun 18, 2021, 7:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by steveggetit
  • Yeah we are off tomorrow. Have our Vaccination certificates and have already done the Madeira Safe registration, Have a Light Green Light QCR on the App, but no QCR Number. A bit confused.
  • BA dont seem to be able to take the uploaded Vaccine Certificate in " Manage my Booking" - Did you have same problem?
  • Guess we just go to T5 earlier and show check in the stuff - uploading it all seems very problematical!
Last year Madeira didn't validate my status until i was there in person. This year they have a light green lane and a dark green lane, the latter is for validated people. I hope it gets validated before.

When you say upload to MMB on BA.com - i didn't even know that was an option. I certainly cant see where you'd even try to do that. Is that when you check in on line?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.