Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Any guesses? Chance of cancellation DBV>LHR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2021, 4:20 am
Original Poster

Am out in Croatia at the moment, trying to plan a flight back to the UK in early July. Had my original Easyjet booking cancelled. Looking now at DBV (Dubrovnik) to LHR on BA.

Looks like BA only starting DBV-LHR service on the 1st July. I'm looking at a flight on the 6th July.

Croatia currently still on Amber list, and I'm guessing fat chance of making Green List on the 24-28th, given the government's strategy now to tighten restrictions for another month to battle the Delta variant.

What are thoughts on the risk that BA will just cancel this route for early July? Does anyone know if the the BA flight on the 6th from DBV is quite fully booked (the price has gone up!)?
Old Jun 14, 2021, 5:06 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Originally Posted by boonkoh
Am out in Croatia at the moment, trying to plan a flight back to the UK in early July. Had my original Easyjet booking cancelled. Looking now at DBV (Dubrovnik) to LHR on BA.

Looks like BA only starting DBV-LHR service on the 1st July. I'm looking at a flight on the 6th July.

Croatia currently still on Amber list, and I'm guessing fat chance of making Green List on the 24-28th, given the government's strategy now to tighten restrictions for another month to battle the Delta variant.

What are thoughts on the risk that BA will just cancel this route for early July? Does anyone know if the the BA flight on the 6th from DBV is quite fully booked (the price has gone up!)?

As to the last part there are 12 people sitting in seats in Club and 17 in ET currently. This is not who has booked , these are those whom have chosen their seats already.
The available fare buckets are J9 C9 D9 R9 I0 Y9 B9 H9 K9 M9 L9 V9 N0 O0 Q0 S9 G3 so still some cheap seats available

If you book and its cancelled you will be getting a refund ( or reroute) so I dont see any down side if you're looking to fly. If you cancel you will get a voucher of course.
Old Jun 14, 2021, 5:33 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the info, very helpful!

Yes, BA will refund or reroute, but just a hassle if I then also need to adjust hotel, car rental, work plans... so looking for a bit certainty.

I guess if BA were to cancel flights, they'd do it more than 14 days out to avoid penalties? Is that still true?
Old Jun 14, 2021, 5:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by boonkoh
Thanks for the info, very helpful!

Yes, BA will refund or reroute, but just a hassle if I then also need to adjust hotel, car rental, work plans... so looking for a bit certainty.

I guess if BA were to cancel flights, they'd do it more than 14 days out to avoid penalties? Is that still true?

Hi,
generally yes, but there have been several cases if shorter notice cancellations ie Man and cdg have been mentioned.

A short notice cancellations is potentially in scope for compensation depending on the cause of the cancellation ( ie extraordinary circumstances are excluded )

Regards

Tbs
Old Jun 14, 2021, 2:53 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100k
I had J tickets SEA-SPU//DBV-SEA 6/28-7/7. BA have canceled LHR<>Croatia legs twice now. Since BA will allow you to change destinations within 300 miles and dates -3+14, I've done two re-routes already. If they drop all the flights, I can (potentially) still return on AA via Rome. Best of luck to you getting home!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.