Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Multiple BA aircraft at NCL

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2021, 4:43 am
Original Poster

Multiple BA aircraft at NCL

Currently in NCL departures. There are four BA A319/20's here and that's before my delayed flight arrives from LHR. I know one is going to FAO. What are the others doing here? They're not on remote stands.
Old Jun 5, 2021, 4:50 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
There seems to be a lot of odd swapping of aircraft at NCL atm. Perhaps it’s storage? This evenings rotation seems to be on the ground for 2 hours at NCL so I am guessing it won’t be the same aircraft coming back, but equally it can’t be the Fao aircraft either.
Old Jun 5, 2021, 4:53 am

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
I’m sat at NCL too waiting for BA1327. I was also confused when I noticed 3 narrow bodies parked up at different gates. Didn’t see the 4th one though.

If it was storage I thought they would be out on the apron somewhere.

Last edited by pogonation; Jun 5, 2021 at 5:02 am
Old Jun 5, 2021, 5:34 am

Originally Posted by pogonation
I’m sat at NCL too waiting for BA1327. I was also confused when I noticed 3 narrow bodies parked up at different gates. Didn’t see the 4th one though.

If it was storage I thought they would be out on the apron somewhere.
Nothing on the departure board to fill in the knowledge gap?
Old Jun 5, 2021, 9:43 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
A320 G-EUYI (the geordie bird why aye) - will go back to LHR tonight as BA1337 to be replaced by A320 G-EUUG which will stay until Wednesday.
A320 G-EUUC - will return to LHR tomorrow in a swap with A320 G-EUYG which will stay until Thursday.
A320 G-EUUA - will return to LHR on Monday in a swap with A320 G-EUYC which will stay until Friday.
A320 G-EUYY - doing FAO today and tomorrow, will return to LHR on Tuesday in a swap with A320 G-EUYP which will stay until next Saturday.
Old Jun 5, 2021, 9:55 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Airprox
A320 G-EUYI (the geordie bird why aye) - will go back to LHR tonight as BA1337 to be replaced by A320 G-EUUG which will stay until Wednesday.
A320 G-EUUC - will return to LHR tomorrow in a swap with A320 G-EUYG which will stay until Thursday.
A320 G-EUUA - will return to LHR on Monday in a swap with A320 G-EUYC which will stay until Friday.
A320 G-EUYY - doing FAO today and tomorrow, will return to LHR on Tuesday in a swap with A320 G-EUYP which will stay until next Saturday.
Do you know the reason for these extended stays though?
Old Jun 5, 2021, 10:42 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
May not be for much longer, my Faro flights for the weekend of 19 June were cancelled this afternoon. But my understanding was that it relates to giving the crew a 4 day trip to Newcastle with the Faro trips as day sorties avoiding crew changes there. This is despite the fact that BA have plenty enough cabin and flight crew living near NCL to run the services directly - but that's not the way it works.
SxMan likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2021, 11:07 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
May not be for much longer, my Faro flights for the weekend of 19 June were cancelled this afternoon..
How dare they! I shall be up there with my hairbrush to chastise those responsible, and when I have finished there I'll be heading off to Downing Street as it is clear that hairbrushes are not in abundance there either. I share your pain as the cancellation game picks up speed for June. I have to be honest I am pleased to be sitting here in Alicante where we know that nothing has changed - and probably will not for the summer at this rate.

I'm surprised that BA hasn't sent a fleet of 777s or A350s down to FAO this weekend to collect the poor devils down there.
Old Jun 5, 2021, 11:13 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
How dare they! I shall be up there with my hairbrush and when I have finished there I'll be heading off to Downing Street as it is clear that hairbrushes are not in abundance there either. I share your pain as the cancellation game picks up speed for June. I'm surprised that BA hasn't sent a fleet of 777s or A350s down to FAO this weekend to collect the poor devils down there.
Thank you darling, but it's happened so often - and not just with BA - that it scarcely registers on the CWS bile-oscope. There will be another time, another place. I know quite a few people in Portugal who are simply going to return as Amber, they knew it could happen and are able to ride it out. This cohort includes NHS staff who probably need a break more than most.
PUCCI GALORE, squawk, AJA_ and 1 others like this.
Old Jun 5, 2021, 11:53 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies and extra info about the FAO flights. I am on the way to FAO via LHR. I at the last minute decided to ride out the amber storm. I had just over one day's notice of the change coming Tue morning. Now let's just see what happens with return flights in a few weeks time. The flights on my return on 25th seem to have been trimmed in the last couple of days to two flights, so hope that's it!
​​
Old Jun 5, 2021, 12:57 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
ah this vaguely makes sense we arrived on UUG as normal but leaving on Way Eye

Old Jun 5, 2021, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
I'm surprised that BA hasn't sent a fleet of 777s or A350s down to FAO this weekend to collect the poor devils down there.
BA are deploying 3 class 777's on certain LHR rotations to/from FAO on Sunday and Monday ahead of Portugal's 4am change to amber early on Tuesday morning.

PUCCI GALORE likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2021, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
May not be for much longer, my Faro flights for the weekend of 19 June were cancelled this afternoon. But my understanding was that it relates to giving the crew a 4 day trip to Newcastle with the Faro trips as day sorties avoiding crew changes there. This is despite the fact that BA have plenty enough cabin and flight crew living near NCL to run the services directly - but that's not the way it works.
I don’t think it’s got anything to do with crew rotations (they don’t match at all). It’s simply a convenient place to rotate aircraft in and out of flying without bringing Heathrow to a standstill towing aircraft to and from the engineering base.

With most aircraft now out of store, but, not flying continuously there simply isn’t space at LHR.
RB211 likes this.

Last edited by Jumbodriver; Jun 5, 2021 at 2:14 pm
Old Jun 5, 2021, 2:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 1Aturnleft
BA are deploying 3 class 777's on certain LHR rotations to/from FAO on Sunday and Monday ahead of Portugal's 4am change to amber early on Tuesday morning.

Do you which specific flights tomorrow, Sunday?

I just checked on BA and still showing airbus for all Sun flights?

​​​

Last edited by northeastflyer; Jun 5, 2021 at 2:38 pm
Old Jun 5, 2021, 3:02 pm

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Originally Posted by northeastflyer
Do you which specific flights tomorrow, Sunday?

I just checked on BA and still showing airbus for all Sun flights?

​​​
None on Sunday, just the one on Monday (already being discussed in the Portugal thread).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.