Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Book with confidence - reward flight on Iberia

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2021, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

If I book a reward flight through BAEC where all the segments are on Iberia, does the BA "book with confidence" rules apply? In particular, would I be able to cancel and refund a flight within 24 hours on the day of departure or does the usual 24H cut-off point for award cancellations apply? The reason why I am asking is that the passenger will only get his covid test result less than 24 hrs before departure and I wondered what would happen if he were covid positive.
Old May 10, 2021, 9:40 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Yes BWC/FTV are available for any reward bookings made through BA for any carrier and for travel due to be completed by 30 April 2022.

The usual voluntary cancellation rules apply, so you can cancel up to 24 hours before and get everything refunded minus a £35 per person cancellation fee.

You also have the ability to get a FTV at any time up to when check in closes. Nothing is refunded, and all the avios and cash (i.e. the taxes/fees/charges) is held on the FTV for use for a future booking with travel up to end of April 2023. No cancellation fees will be due.

You can effectively cancel the FTV if you wish for a refund, but at that point the £35 per person cancellation fee would apply.
NickB and Tobias-UK like this.

Last edited by KARFA; May 10, 2021 at 9:46 am
Old May 11, 2021, 3:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Many thanks, KARFA. Much appreciated.
Old Jul 20, 2021, 7:34 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Similar here. Looking to book MEX-MAD-MEX using Avios to upgrade to J. The outward flight is on Iberia, which promises a free change or voucher if there are change to immigration rules that would impact my journey. At present I can enter Spain from Mexico with just my proof of vaccination. Do the Iberia rules apply here? Or should I be looking at what the BA fly with confidence deal is on a reward flight of this kind?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.