FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   BA's reactions to May 17th openings (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2039355-bas-reactions-may-17th-openings.html)

13901 May 5, 2021 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by BOH (Post 33228490)
BRS?

Baggage Reconciliation System. Very crudely the 'software' that runs the Baggage Handling System and ensures that only specific bags can go into a specific bin, or a cart/Wessex.

BrianDromey May 5, 2021 1:19 pm

If T4 was just for arrivals from Red countries how would it work for passengers coming through a Green/Amber country? Would you be taken by bus to T4, as in the case of an inter-terminal transfer?
Whole aircraft coming from a Red country is easier to imagine. Everyone deplaned directly into T4 or bussed from a T3/5 stand.

ISTFlyer May 5, 2021 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by BrianDromey (Post 33228860)
If T4 was just for arrivals from Red countries how would it work for passengers coming through a Green/Amber country? Would you be taken by bus to T4, as in the case of an inter-terminal transfer?
Whole aircraft coming from a Red country is easier to imagine. Everyone deplaned directly into T4 or bussed from a T3/5 stand.

If you transfer from a red country, you still need to take the hotel quarantine. For example, if you fly SYD-DOH-LHR, you would need to stay in a hotel quarantine but not when flying SYD-SIN-LHR. Thus all passengers arriving from a flight directly from a red country would automatically be deplaned into Terminal 4 and everyone would be going to a hotel for quarantine.

KARFA May 5, 2021 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer (Post 33228965)
If you transfer from a red country, you still need to take the hotel quarantine. For example, if you fly SYD-DOH-LHR, you would need to stay in a hotel quarantine but not when flying SYD-SIN-LHR. Thus all passengers arriving from a flight directly from a red country would automatically be deplaned into Terminal 4 and everyone would be going to a hotel for quarantine.

but what do you do with a LH flight from FRA which has two people who have been to a red list country and the rest who have not? do they deplane all the passengers in T2 with the two be picked up and taken by airside bus to T4?

ISTFlyer May 5, 2021 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA (Post 33228985)
but what do you do with a LH flight from FRA which has two people who have been to a red list country and the rest who have not? do they deplane all the passengers in T2 with the two be picked up and taken by airside bus to T4?

That could be a problem but as you have mentioned, it could either be passenger being picked up from T2 and bussed individually to T4 or they could clear immigration and bags at Terminal 2 and then proceed to the quarantine hotel from there ( current system applying for those flights ).

lost_in_translation May 5, 2021 2:24 pm

I'm not sure it's really worth the hassle of farming flights arriving from red list countries out to T4 at the moment since there are hardly any. Of the countries on the red list which would normally see direct flights to LHR, the majority of them are currently subject to a ban on direct flights so basically all arriving passengers are coming via a third country itself not on the red list anyway (UAE, Qatar, Brazil, South Africa, Oman, Chile etc.). India, Pakistan and Bangladesh are potentially the only countries that even have direct flights arriving with passengers at the moment I think?

1Aturnleft May 5, 2021 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA (Post 33228985)

Isn't this exactly what happened when Dubai was put on the red list last time and people were attempting to dodge the bullet by returning to the UK via Dublin?
Flights with high numbers of transit passengers will surely get additional document checks before they arrive at the border post (if any post in the case of arrivals from Ireland) and taken aside at that point. UK Border could actually start using the data they have available to them in advance of flight arrival, using API, verifying passport numbers logged by passengers and where they've been used in the days prior to arrival (assuming the 10 day rule is still in effect) I think a lot of the success will come from how well prepared UK Border Force are .... I can fully imagine lengthy immigration queues and horror stories hitting the press because they're not. Despite having months to get ready.

Im a new user May 5, 2021 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer (Post 33228965)

But QR does not currently fly between DOH and LHR. Tomorrow, they offer DOH-MAD-LHR with QR+IB, DOH-ARN-LHR with QR+BA and DOH-BCN-LGW with QR+VY.

mikeyfly May 7, 2021 4:22 am

Sounds like the (4 or 5 :rolleyes: ) Green countries to be announced at 17.00hrs today

BAeuro May 7, 2021 4:44 am

I just hope BA run Gran Canaria this summer now that the Canary Islands look green. Last summer it didn’t run from LHR and was winter only.

USA_flyer May 7, 2021 4:59 am

I'm hoping for the USA on the Green or Amber list - even though its several months away before I actually fly, it would be a little peace of mind that travel is possible even if it does involve spending time in the house after returning home.

KSVVZ2015 May 7, 2021 5:25 am

Originally Posted by USA_flyer (Post 33232907)
I'm hoping for the USA on the Green or Amber list - even though its several months away before I actually fly, it would be a little peace of mind that travel is possible even if it does involve spending time in the house after returning home.

I don't think there is any chance the US is not on the green or amber list.

PGberkshire May 7, 2021 5:26 am

I would love to see the data points for fares (to green countries) before and after their announcement. I wonder if BA have "proactively" upped fares already? or will wait for natural supply and demand come 5pm.

If the former - would be interesting if anyone could see what has gone up since yesterday?

ratechaser May 7, 2021 5:36 am

Originally Posted by mikeyfly (Post 33232869)
Sounds like the (4 or 5 :rolleyes: ) Green countries to be announced at 17.00hrs today

Portugal, Greece, UAE... any 2 of those 3 and I'm a happy person...

(I'd like Austria as well, but that can wait, still 7 months till ski season...)

Pilot37 May 7, 2021 5:41 am

Originally Posted by PGberkshire (Post 33232942)
I would love to see the data points for fares (to green countries) before and after their announcement. I wonder if BA have "proactively" upped fares already? or will wait for natural supply and demand come 5pm.

If the former - would be interesting if anyone could see what has gone up since yesterday?

Fares have been going up all week as the 'expected list' became firmer. I managed to grab 2 seats to Lisbon over the Bank Holiday weekend (out ET / back CE) last Sunday morning and within 2hrs of my booking the same flights / classes were £500 more expensive. That was not purely due to booking as BA definitely pulled lower fare classes as they sensed an opportunity. (Those flights are now £700 more expensive as a reference point)

Pilot37