FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Connecting in LHR during COVID (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2038440-connecting-lhr-during-covid.html)

El Puerco Volante Apr 21, 2021 5:58 am

Connecting in LHR during COVID

Hello,

I'm planning to fly MXP-LHR-DXB on BA, single ticket, connection time in LHR between 3-4 hours.

BA's information is super confusing on what documents one needs (apart for what is needed to enter DXB, this is clearly explained by Dubai authorities).

Do I understand it correctly that I need to have PCR test to fly BA and that's it ? No "passenger locator form" or anything else ?

Thanks & regards,

El Puerco Volante

mikeyfly Apr 21, 2021 6:04 am

When are you flying ? BA's services are cancelled until at least late June whereby things may have changed... for the better or worse

The below thread from the UK Forum is quite helpful if you take a read

Transiting thru LHR - FlyerTalk Forums

As it's an airside connection all on the same day without going landside or collecting bags, I believe you'll need to fill in the PLF and have proof of a negative test

El Puerco Volante Apr 21, 2021 6:09 am

Originally Posted by mikeyfly (Post 33193785)
When are you flying ? BA's services are cancelled until at least late June whereby things may have changed... for the better or worse

Late June indeed. I wanted to go earlier, but yesterday BA flights disappeared. I was actually wondering why they cancelled all DXB services until late June ?

thanks & regards,

El Puerco Voalnte

Genius1 Apr 21, 2021 6:40 am

Originally Posted by El Puerco Volante (Post 33193794)
I was actually wondering why they cancelled all DXB services until late June ?

The UAE is currently on the Government's red list of countries: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/transpor...ns-of-covid-19

El Puerco Volante Apr 21, 2021 6:46 am

Originally Posted by mikeyfly (Post 33193785)

The below thread from the UK Forum is quite helpful if you take a read

Transiting thru LHR - FlyerTalk Forums

As it's an airside connection all on the same day without going landside or collecting bags, I believe you'll need to fill in the PLF and have proof of a negative test

Thanks.

But how can a transit passenger fill the PLF, when it says that you need "booking reference numbers for the 2 coronavirus tests you must take after arriving in the UK" just to fill such form ?

Regards,

El Puerco Volante

KARFA Apr 21, 2021 7:02 am

I believe you can choose the option on the form for airside transfer to not book the test kit as reported here https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33171981-post16.html

LCY8737 Apr 21, 2021 7:03 am

Originally Posted by El Puerco Volante (Post 33193884)
Thanks.

But how can a transit passenger fill the PLF, when it says that you need "booking reference numbers for the 2 coronavirus tests you must take after arriving in the UK" just to fill such form ?

Regards,

El Puerco Volante

It's a free-text field, so you could use that to comment that you are in transit.

Are there any useful non-stops you can take? Chances of a trip running smoothly go down with each stop. Plus the UK is probably now one of the harder places on the planet to enter/transit, so if you don't have to travel via LHR I'd avoid it...

Often1 Apr 21, 2021 7:35 am

June is the distant future and the fact that BA is currently publishing a notional schedule means little. Better to wait until the restrictions are changed and you are then assured that you will not be denied boarding for legal reasons. That may or may not come, the UK may or may not require testing, there may or may not be a vaccine exemption and the UAE may or pay not permit entry.

I would hold off until you are well within 30 days of travel to book. If you cannot fly, but BA operates, all you get is a credit and you either do not travel at all or must find other routings, presumably on other carriers on which you will likely need to purchase a new ticket.

El Puerco Volante Apr 21, 2021 7:58 am

Originally Posted by LCY8737 (Post 33193922)
It's a free-text field, so you could use that to comment that you are in transit.

Are there any useful non-stops you can take? Chances of a trip running smoothly go down with each stop. Plus the UK is probably now one of the harder places on the planet to enter/transit, so if you don't have to travel via LHR I'd avoid it...

Yes there are, but BA I class gives 250% on my AS card ;)

Thank you for the PLF clarification, makes sense.

Regards,

El Puerco Volante

13901 Apr 21, 2021 8:03 am

If needs must and you really need to go to DXB I’d simply fly direct. Besides the risks of flying via LHR there’s the question of whether MXP flights will restart. Right now it’s only LIN and I doubt there’ll be a dual airport service to Milan, from BA, for a while.