Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA partnership with Randox Health: Covid PCR Tests £60

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA partnership with Randox Health: Covid PCR Tests £60

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2021, 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by IFlyPlanes
If you mean like putting more than one test to send back, yes you can do that. I posted 4 in one "box" which saved me a lot of money.
Actually it was whether RM can carry them but the extra bit of info re: combining packages is also helpful. Thank you.

I have seen an old c-w-s post that suggests posting with Royal Mail, but I also saw a recent FB post from a Randox rep suggesting that RM will not handle their packages!
Old Sep 13, 2021, 4:36 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by kilo
Actually it was whether RM can carry them but the extra bit of info re: combining packages is also helpful. Thank you.

I have seen an old c-w-s post that suggests posting with Royal Mail, but I also saw a recent FB post from a Randox rep suggesting that RM will not handle their packages!
The current version of the Randox instruction leaflet says “we do not recommend using Royal Mail” However I personally have sent a couple back by Royal Mail with no problems, and I’ve just put another one into the postbox tonight.
Old Sep 13, 2021, 5:06 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)

If I had to choose whose opinion to rely upon between corporate-wage-slave and anyone else, I know who I’d instinctively trust 👍🏻
kilo and Bohinjska Bistrica like this.
Old Sep 13, 2021, 5:14 pm

Are you able to send Randox kits back via Royal Mail by posting in a post box? Will these be large letters?
Yes, but not via Special Delivery, it's banned for that service.

Tracked24 is fine (but you can't drop Tracked24 at a post office, must go into the post box, probably immediately outside the office!).
kilo likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2021, 5:36 am

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
Are T&T still calling fully vaccinated people to check whether they have bothered to take their day 2 tests?
Old Sep 15, 2021, 5:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by Frequentflyer99
Are T&T still calling fully vaccinated people to check whether they have bothered to take their day 2 tests?
Nothing for me. They probably do call some, but more likely to concentrate on those who also have to quarantine
Old Sep 15, 2021, 6:11 am

Originally Posted by Frequentflyer99
I don't think so, or maybe just a very select few. I've not been called, and (for what it's worth) friends of friends have said they weren't called.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 8:40 am

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
Has anyone managed to cancel a Randox Day 2 order before despatch or return an unopened kit ? I appreciate that the T&C say this is not possible, but perhaps they dont strictly enforce them ??
Old Sep 16, 2021, 9:02 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer

This is perhaps the post that you are referring to, and there are a number of other examples in that thread and this one giving examples of using Royal Mail.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post33454530

The best thing is to use Tracked24 without signature option, Small Parcels, £5.46 and post in a Priority Postbox. The reason being this is a postage option that you buy online, and so the whole process is detached from meeting post office staff. There are restrictions on how and where to post samples, but special handling are in place for Priority Postboxes and they are then the first to get sorted at mail centres. I've seen elsewhere that some people find this all terribly confusing and start mixing up aspects of this (e.g. registered post, trying to buy stamps, going into post offices). Unsurprisingly Randox tries to keep it nice and simple and therefore urges use of their network of drop boxes
Old Sep 16, 2021, 4:03 pm

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
There's a bit more about priority postboxes and Covid tests here - https://www.royalmail.com/priority-postboxes.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 6:20 am

Programs: BAEC
Most recent posts seem to be about the return tests. Are Randox working well for the outbound fit-to-fly tests? I need to sort these for October half-term and many of the provides seem to say things like 'results in 24-48 hours from receipt in our lab', whereas Randox seems to suggest that process the same day as receipt, which is better, but all this talk of overflowing drop boxes is a bit scary!
Old Sep 20, 2021, 6:23 am

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
Originally Posted by LimitingFactor
Most recent posts seem to be about the return tests. Are Randox working well for the outbound fit-to-fly tests? I need to sort these for October half-term and many of the provides seem to say things like 'results in 24-48 hours from receipt in our lab', whereas Randox seems to suggest that process the same day as receipt, which is better, but all this talk of overflowing drop boxes is a bit scary!
I have used them more than 10 times since July. Not an issue at all and always get the result within 24 hours.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 6:46 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, UK AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by LimitingFactor
If it is in a dropbox (and actually in!) before the cut-off, then our results have always been by mid afternoon the day after dropping. The times we've posted with Royal Mail (no dropboxes near us) have been much slower for both arrival to Randox (mirroring their warnings) and processing (they seem to be sticking to "dropbox first then everything else")

I think there's a handful of very popular dropboxes in London, but most are fine
Old Sep 21, 2021, 3:58 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club, Miles & Smiles, Skyteam, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honours
As a test, I used a Randox reference code that I hadn't previously used on a PLF but had actually used and sent the test into Randox. Worked fine (at least, the feds haven't turned up on my doorstep yet).
Old Sep 21, 2021, 4:17 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
I have been using ExpressTest in T5, BA give you a discount code to save a few quid but the Emirates code is a slightly better discount.

You need a booking, but they don't panic if you're early/late for your booked timeslot. By the time I leave the airport my trip testing is complete and results have always arrived next day before 10pm as promised.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.