Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Back to permitted (domestic) travel - trip

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2021, 6:16 am

Programs: BA, CX, SQ, Accor, IHG
Originally Posted by KARFA
no change from before. No ID required if carry on only (putting NQY to one side!) and no PLF required. The only caveat is currently entry/exit to Scotland is still limited until probably towards the end of this month so I am not sure if there any checks at the Scottish end of this.
Flew LHR-GLA last week- no questions at either end, quite a few coppers hovering around at baggage reclaim in GLA, but nothing asked.
pazza2000 likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2021, 6:21 am

Originally Posted by Hotcat1970
Flew LHR-GLA last week- no questions at either end, quite a few coppers hovering around at baggage reclaim in GLA, but nothing asked.
Great! Hopefully frequency will pick up steadily as things ease, and the lounge at GLA can also finally reopen. On that note, I’m assuming the lounges at LHR can offer alcohol as if today?
Old Apr 12, 2021, 6:22 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by KeaneJohn
You might have overlooked the fact their destination is NQY who incorrectly apply the fact that photo ID is needed for BA customers so I doubt it would cut the mustard.
If one had time on one’s hands and the inclination to play funny buggers, that sounds like a situation which is ripe for manipulating to get EC261 IDB compensation...
Old Apr 12, 2021, 6:24 am

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Originally Posted by pazza2000
Great! Hopefully frequency will pick up steadily as things ease, and the lounge at GLA can also finally reopen. On that note, I’m assuming the lounges at LHR can offer alcohol as if today?
No alcohol in the LHR lounges until May 17th sadly

Pilot37
pazza2000 likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2021, 7:02 am

Originally Posted by Pilot37

Pilot37
Ah so the next round if easing! I assumed it would be today. Let’s hope the domestic lounges follow suit
efincomputer likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2021, 9:16 am

Programs: BAEC
We didn’t intend to fly until pretty much all restrictions are lifted but then we began to be desperate to see our son again.
We have booked flights LCY-BHD for the end of May and a refundable hotel in Belfast.
As things stand England should be in step 3 by then which makes our journey permissible from the English standpoint.
I wonder if anyone is in the know about NI dates? Step 3 in NI should allow us to stay in the hotel, visit his home and meet him in a restaurant for dinner although “wet” pubs will not be open. The problem we have is there is no date attached to step 3 in NI. Does anyone have any idea?
Old Apr 12, 2021, 10:46 am

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold

Pilot37
Typical, I am flying on the 16th!
Old Apr 12, 2021, 11:16 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Ladyfliestheredwhiteandblues
Does anyone have any idea?
The Executive have a few other things on their plate at the moment, but they are meeting on Thursday and I would be hopeful you will get some clarification from Stormont then, hospitality is one of the issues being discussed. As far as I can tell the DUP and Sinn Féin are on the same page here, but some of the other parties need to be brought into the conversation. Note that the travel restrictions for Northern Ireland are via guidelines, not statutory rules, so there isn't a ban on travel, but there is a ban on staying away from home at the moment.
Old Apr 12, 2021, 11:53 am

Thanks, CWS. I know the situation in Belfast is tricky once again. It's one of the reasons we are so keen to see our son because he can't come here.
I'll have to be patient for further news.
Old Apr 12, 2021, 6:00 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT

Pilot37
Are you sure I’ve seen pictures on social media today of people drinking at GF and in CCT.
Old Apr 13, 2021, 12:46 am

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Are you sure I’ve seen pictures on social media today of people drinking at GF and in CCT.
I was told no alcohol by the lounge manager on Saturday when enquiring if they would restart service from the 12th, and somebody else confirmed no alcohol yesterday morning. However - this being BA and the fact they continued to serve for the first days of this last lockdown before realising they were breaking regulations, it would not surprise me to see them restart alcohol service at a random point in time between April 12th and May 17th!

Pilot37
Old Apr 13, 2021, 12:56 am

I was in GF between 9am and noon yesterday and alcohol wasn’t available on the app and there wasn’t any behind the bars. Can’t speak for the CCT.
Old Apr 13, 2021, 1:24 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Never Stansted
I was in GF between 9am and noon yesterday and alcohol wasn’t available on the app and there wasn’t any behind the bars. Can’t speak for the CCT.
there is alcohol free sparkling wine available and perhaps in photos it appears to be champagne?

Never Stansted and ENTP like this.
Old Apr 13, 2021, 2:27 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
there is alcohol free sparkling wine available and perhaps in photos it appears to be champagne?

they’ve made a really serious effort on the non-alcoholic range. Could easily have just stuck to generic soft drinks but someone evidently decided to make the most of things. As a sceptic of most things non-alcoholic I was pleasantly surprised by a few of them!
Old Apr 14, 2021, 5:20 am

Programs: BA Exec Blue
The Scottish Government confirmed yesterday that restrictions on travel to/from Scotland will be permitted from 26 April, so that's another four domestic destinations on BA available from then.
pazza2000 likes this.

Last edited by flight125; Apr 14, 2021 at 6:30 am Reason: Four, not five

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.