Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

September 2021 flight cancellations and operational changes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

September 2021 flight cancellations and operational changes

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2021, 5:12 am

Programs: BAEC - Silver
My flights from LCY-EDI were cancelled today for 15/9 and 20/9 (for our elopement after we pushed our "big" wedding out to 2023). Have re-booked the outbound, and then the inbound got cancelled. Quite awkward timing now unfortunately.
Hoping that our flights to Greece for the 21/9 aren't also cancelled..
Old Jul 13, 2021, 8:16 am

Programs: UA MP
Originally Posted by tattikat2
Yes, you are correct and I was too quick to post.

Just got off the phone with BA and it was indeed the fact I searched for CW which is sold out!

My mistake.

Did notice the fare for F on BA 286 was a cool $12,000+!
I'm on the Sep 23 SFO-LHR BA 284 flight in CW. I hope the robust bookings earlier in Sep are an indication that my late Sep flight will stick?

But if BA does cancel, I hope they do it sooner rather than later so I can rebook on AA (I am booked AA codeshare on BA).
Old Jul 15, 2021, 3:19 am

Absolutely zero surprise, my LHR-SFO-LHR on 17th & 24th which were both due to be A380s have been changed to 777s
SxMan likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2021, 4:41 am

Programs: BA GGL
LHR-MAH plane change, outbound time change by more than 5 hours.
Will leave that open, good reason to cancel if Balearics remain on danger lists.
Sigh.
Old Jul 15, 2021, 9:31 am

Programs: Marriott Ti, OW Ruby
Originally Posted by andymcdonnell
Absolutely zero surprise, my LHR-SFO-LHR on 17th & 24th which were both due to be A380s have been changed to 777s
SFO-LHR Sept 5th changed from A380 to 773 by the looks of the seat map. Sadly not showing as a club suites config.
Old Jul 15, 2021, 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by BAeuro
They really are pacing ahead. I can’t believe the US is (most likely) going to remain shut.
Genuinely now starting to wonder if it will be next spring before the US reopens.
Old Jul 15, 2021, 12:55 pm

Location: Miami Beach FL, Philadelphia PA, and Oxfordshire UK
Programs: BA Gold, AA Executive Platinum, PriorityPass, Global Entry, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by tattikat2
SFO-LHR Sept 5th changed from A380 to 773 by the looks of the seat map. Sadly not showing as a club suites config.
September is a lifetime away in BA aircraft configs that will actually fly. Expect a few more changes before then so I wouldn’t panic just yet.

Fully expecting MIA’s 209/8 to lose it’s 380 at any day now. It was still there at about 10am this morning…..
tattikat2 likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2021, 12:55 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by CirrusDesAigles
Genuinely now starting to wonder if it will be next spring before the US reopens.
When I booked a NYC trip, for Sept 21, last autumn I was sure things would be a lot better. It seemed unfathomable that the US would still be shut to us and airlines would be barely flying.

Im slowly feeling this winter will be like the last and travel won’t start properly till S22.
Old Jul 15, 2021, 12:58 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by BAeuro
When I booked a NYC trip, for Sept 21, last autumn I was sure things would be a lot better. It seemed unfathomable that the US would still be shut to us and airlines would be barely flying.

Im slowly feeling this winter will be like the last and travel won’t start properly till S22.
last april I booked two trips to the US over Christmas and NY. Shows you how much I knew!
Old Jul 15, 2021, 3:21 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond
BERlin got the usual cuts for (early?) september.
Old Jul 15, 2021, 10:39 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, BA Silver, AC, AF/KL, AV, VS | Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Just got the emails that affect my AMS and CDG flights in early September. Looks like AMS-LHR is going down to only twice daily and LHR-CDG is either twice or thrice daily, on alternating days (sort of). My mind is just not processing that this is still happening.
Old Jul 16, 2021, 1:24 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by KARFA
last april I booked two trips to the US over Christmas and NY. Shows you how much I knew!
I've got a Dubai trip booked for early September. I just assumed things would be back to normal(ish) by then... I just want the flights cancelled to put me out of my misery (and let me get my money back!).
tonmason likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2021, 1:44 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, A3*S, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold
I have a reservation coming up that includes FRA-LHR in early September.
No cancellation yet and hoping that BA will have returned to FRA by then.
Old Jul 16, 2021, 8:11 am

Looks like the MEX schedule has finally been trimmed for September from 7 days a week to 4 (M, W, F, S) Only 27th Sep - end of October shows 7 days a week flights now and I expect that to come down to 4 eventually. Just wish they would hurry up and do so as it will impact one of my flights!
ubiest likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2021, 8:24 am

Programs: BA LTG, UA Gold, EK Silver, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium, IHG Plat
I rebooked my trip to SCL from Oct last year to Sept of this year thinking it would be fine but given the current situation I am fully expecting the Sept schedule to go which means looking for Avios availability again (rather than rebook into an F bucket) due to ticket validity running out (this always seems a bit unfair to me).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.