Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Toe fungus and BAEC

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2021, 1:47 pm

Of course, by reading this very thread, you have now convinced the gods of google that you are really interested in....

Toe fungus, with a side dish of tinnitus!.
Woodbinerich likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2021, 3:39 pm

Crikey! I went to a browser without blocking to see what all the fuss is about. Wow, what a horrible mess.

FWIW I use Crystal and ....... (the other one was filtered out by FT) content blockers on Safari on my iPhone and don’t see any of that stuff.
Old Mar 19, 2021, 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by kenko92
When I clicked one of these not noticing it was a sponsored ad Norton security went berserk.
Said it led to a known dangerous site.
That’s why I don’t allow ads on any of my systems.
Old Mar 19, 2021, 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by xooz
One interesting thing here in this thread is that it seems that the names of the advertising blocking apps are not masked. FT used to keep those app names from displaying.
At least one is still being removed from posts.
Old Mar 20, 2021, 5:09 am

Programs: VS Silver; Matmid Silver, BA Bronze; Accor Plat.
I have bad tinnitus but still get the toe fungus ads! At least the need to wear hearing aids allows free seat selection on BA.
WickedStepMother likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2021, 10:35 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
You have stirred memories that I would have preferred to remain buried beneath all the detritus of what I used to call my mind. When I saw that I remembered that disgusting individual in First who took it upon himself to start clipping his toe nails. One lump of big toe nail sailed through the air and manager to land in some gentleman's champagne. I honestly only became aware of this when the man whose glass it was manifested his displeasure at the top of his voice. The other passenger was rather put out to be asked to desist clipping his toenails as they were long enough to cause him discomfort. As I threw both the remains and the glass out I cannot tell if he had foot rot, nail fungus or anything else - and to think that some people waddle to the toilet barefoot. Ugh!
Old Mar 20, 2021, 12:06 pm

My mystery post has just changed to an alert about penny shares, well I think that what it is about. It is numbered 6 so I've sadly missed the previous 5. Why can't this be removed?
Old Mar 20, 2021, 12:15 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

I still don't know why IB don't offer an "ad-free" subscription to FlyerTalk like they used to.

$10 a year for no ads.
Old Mar 20, 2021, 12:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
As someone on grandfathered ‘no ads for life’ I can tell you that I still get the toe fungus ad ....
Old Mar 20, 2021, 1:22 pm

Programs: BAGGL, A3G, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, LHW Sterling
Originally Posted by Raffles
As someone on grandfathered ‘no ads for life’ I can tell you that I still get the toe fungus ad ....
It seems very hard to get rid of this fungus.
adrianlondon and alex67500 like this.
Old Mar 20, 2021, 10:51 pm

Programs: GGL
Originally Posted by SteveF
Crikey! I went to a browser without blocking to see what all the fuss is about. Wow, what a horrible mess.

FWIW I use Crystal and ....... (the other one was filtered out by FT) content blockers on Safari on my iPhone and don’t see any of that stuff.
Likewise; it's a complete mess. Using the Brave browser I don't get the sponsored threads, ads, or videos, and blocking scripts stops the infinite page thing.

I shall now have greater appreciation for these gaps.

SteveF likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2021, 11:18 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
I am using mozila and it block most all the crappy ads on FlyerTalk. I opened it up in a diffrent browser and got to see them all. My sponsored tread was The Penny Hoarders. It look like they think I need some advise around my money. Best part being when you hover over the title it say "How many time have we fallen for this." Also ad would be useless as I have an EU IP adress and they block it because of GDPR.
SteveF likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2021, 1:21 am

Programs: BA bronze, Aeroplan peon
Originally Posted by Mixbury
I shall now have greater appreciation for these gaps.
Yes indeed, I noticed the gaps a few weeks ago and figured something was being stripped out. I wasn't curious enough to try another browser to see what I was missing. I have a much greater appreciation of white space after this thread.
Old Mar 21, 2021, 6:55 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I don't even get blank gaps on the forum pages nevermind advice on toe fungus.
nancypants likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2021, 9:13 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by HIDDY
I don't even get blank gaps on the forum pages nevermind advice on toe fungus.
There's a reason for that...

*taps nose
HIDDY likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.