Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why did BA move DOH to LGW ?

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2021, 3:32 pm

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Currently QR are scheduled to operate LGW service from Dec 16th onwards - but who knows if that will happen!

Pilot37
Old May 19, 2021, 9:25 am

Programs: BAEC
The BA Gatwick to Doha start date has been pushed back again. It is now 1st August.
Old Jul 28, 2021, 12:33 pm

1st October now, will it ever launch?
Old Jul 28, 2021, 1:01 pm

Most annoyingly QR don't have PE. All well and good AAB saying his economy is 'premium' but it don't earn PE TPs, so useless for retaining status....!
Makes Qatar a most unattractive connection point compared with Asia for long haul.
Old Jan 23, 2022, 6:49 am

Programs: BAEC
Loads on LGW-DOH seem to be very low. Here are the seat maps for yesterday and today’s flights:

Old Jan 23, 2022, 6:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
As BA/QR have a joint-venture agreement and probably have a revenue split based on percentages of the total revenue among them, BA is likely not to care about the light loads on these flights. Plus, there is a factor of freight that is been carried on this flight.
Old Jan 23, 2022, 7:18 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Outbound cargo.
Old Jan 23, 2022, 8:45 am

Programs: BA Bronze
Originally Posted by BAeuro
Loads on LGW-DOH seem to be very low. Here are the seat maps for yesterday and today’s flights:

Apologies for this being unrelated to the original post but why are there so many blocked seats in economy? I understood that in business & first, seats are blocked for crew rest and for exclusive reservation for e.g. gold status members. Why would random middle seats in Y be blocked?
Old Jan 23, 2022, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by 12d121
Apologies for this being unrelated to the original post but why are there so many blocked seats in economy? I understood that in business & first, seats are blocked for crew rest and for exclusive reservation for e.g. gold status members. Why would random middle seats in Y be blocked?
Theoretical seating and fuel related seating
EDIwanderer likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2022, 10:20 am

Programs: BAEC Blue (back to Earth)
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
As BA/QR have a joint-venture agreement and probably have a revenue split based on percentages of the total revenue among them, BA is likely not to care about the light loads on these flights. Plus, there is a factor of freight that is been carried on this flight.
No, I suspect they DO care. What's the point of this? Is it BA Holidays connecting to QR via Doha? Then LGW makes some sense, if not, shift it back to LHR with every other BA Middle East destination.
Old Jan 23, 2022, 4:56 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Theoretical seating and fuel related seating
Some gold card holders also travel in economy!
u01sss3 and ISTFlyer like this.
Old Jan 24, 2022, 5:43 am

Programs: BA Gold, several other less interesting cards...
I’m on BA DOH-LGW in May. I’m hoping it gets cancelled so I can move to a QR flight.
Schwann likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2022, 3:13 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club
It seems BA is dropping the LON-DOH route from 15th June altogether!

Last edited by asimlut; Jun 6, 2022 at 4:02 pm
Old Jun 6, 2022, 3:18 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by asimlut
It seems BA is dropping the LON-DOH group from 15th June altogether!
You sure about that? Have been looking to get to Cebu on Avios in March next year, just checked and the LGW-DOH flights are still there and available
Old Jun 6, 2022, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by asimlut
It seems BA is dropping the LON-DOH group from 15th June altogether!
Originally Posted by darthlemsip
You sure about that? Have been looking to get to Cebu on Avios in March next year, just checked and the LGW-DOH flights are still there and available
Seasons, seasons. 15 June is NS 2022, but March next year is NW 2022/23.

It looks like BA has taken LGW-DOH off sale from 15 June for the remainder of NS 2022.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.