Wiki Posts
Search

Going from T5 to T2 and back?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2021, 3:45 pm
Original Poster

Going from T5 to T2 and back?

Hi Guys,

I have a odd questions, so I am flying next weekend on a BA flight operated by QA but unfortunatly I am in Y and unless a business upgrade comes through, I may stick with Y. I am just a Blue and dont know any Gold members flying who would guest me in. Since I was planning to get to the airport early I thought maybe I could use the only lounge open that accepts prioritypass in T2. It made me think, I know it would not be ideal but is it easy to go airside from T5 Depatures to T2? Is it the automated train or a manual bus? How long would it take? Also on the return how long would it take? I was thinking if I have time (which I probably will as I hope to check in around 11am for a 3pm flight), it may be a little adventure before I sleep on the flight.

Any feedback or thoughts would be appreciated!
Old Feb 27, 2021, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
I’d just get to T5 90 mins before and spend a short while airside.
Old Feb 27, 2021, 4:33 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Mucci: Classe de la Luxe Eternelle
Unfortunately this isn’t possible. The impracticalities of transferring to and from terminals aside, you will need a boarding pass for T2 to enter.

Even if you did have this going back and forth is complicated and stressful. Your Ready To Fly status at T5 is compromised if you move around.

Not remotely worth it.
argonath likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2021, 6:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Heathrow do offer a service where you can go to the shops in another terminal, but as most shops are currently closed I doubt that service is running (and I seem to recall you need to commit to quite a high spend). No other way is feasible and even if it was it wouldn't be worth the hassle.

Even if it was possible you'd need to clear security each time you changed terminals and that is just needless exposure which you should keep to a minimum to reduce the risk of catching or spreading COVID.
mikeyfly likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2021, 11:54 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
I am also someone who goes to the airport as soon as possible to enjoy a few drinks when possible, but given the current situation (where practically nothing is open at T5 or T2) I would only come as late as possible to the airport.
mikeyfly likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2021, 11:56 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by layz
Heathrow do offer a service where you can go to the shops in another terminal, but as most shops are currently closed I doubt that service is running (and I seem to recall you need to commit to quite a high spend). No other way is feasible and even if it was it wouldn't be worth the hassle.

Even if it was possible you'd need to clear security each time you changed terminals and that is just needless exposure which you should keep to a minimum to reduce the risk of catching or spreading COVID.
Currently not available, and the min spend was 250 GBP and you had to have approx 4h between flights (I believe).
Old Mar 1, 2021, 7:36 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
if its open then the Club Aspire lounge in T5 accepts PP

T2 would be a challenge, its a bus transfer not the automated train, the automated train only goes from T5A to T5B and C.

The bus transfer would take about 15 minutes each way

You may not get into T2 without a T2 boarding pass

At T5 you would be marked as in the terminal when you scan your boarding pass prior to security marking you as "ready to fly". When you return to T5 you would need to get this reset before you could get back to security again.

In my opinion its not really worth the hassle
Old Mar 1, 2021, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
To enter a lounge it is def. not worth it even if it was possible. Arrive T5 90min before the flight and you will be fine.
mikeyfly likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.