Wiki Posts
Search

Online payment issue - anyone else?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2021, 3:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
Online payment issue - anyone else?

Has anyone experienced a similar issue as mine? When trying to make a booking on the BA website, after entering my credit card info (mastercard) the payment screen that loads the module to approve my cc payment only shows up briefly before being redirected back to the BA website with a message that no authorisation could be granted and I should contact my bank. This is rather strange as I use the same card elsewhere online and I used the card in the past on BA as well. Even with another card the same behaviour happens so it's not only my card. When I monitor the calls being made on the screen, I see the payment call returns a "general exception" so it seems to me it could be an issue with the payment service.

Does anyone have an idea what else I could try?
Old Feb 15, 2021, 3:23 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze, Mucci recipient
Try clearing cache or incognito/private browsing mode or try another browser ?
Old Feb 15, 2021, 3:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
I've tried Chrome, Edge & Safari in all kinds of mode
Old Feb 15, 2021, 3:37 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze, Mucci recipient
Are you sure the flights are actually available? I'd call BA and try book it over the phone. BA should waive the offline booking fee as you have a problem trying to book online.
Old Feb 15, 2021, 5:54 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
There was some kind of a card processing issues going on earlier on. Revolut card payment was down, for instance.

It could be part of that problem, rather than being BA-specific, possibly? Maybe you could try again.
Old Feb 17, 2021, 1:41 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Gold
I don't have UK issued credit cards and I always have a problem charging a ticket through BA.com - I have one card that works, but the others lead to the exact experience you describe.
Old Feb 17, 2021, 3:57 am

Sometimes an "additional authorisation" window needs to pop up, so check if you have them disabled. It can be as simple as the new window appears behind the current one, so you just don't see it...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.