Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

AA and JetBlue alliance agreement BOS, EWR, JFK, LGA - BA codeshares?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2021, 3:12 am
Suspended
Original Poster

An agreement has been announced that means some JetBlue flights will get AA flight numbers added at these airports, no mention yet of other OW codeshares http://news.aa.com/news/news-details...1/default.aspx
N830MH likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2021, 3:34 am

I’m assuming if it has an AA code and you book it under that, you’ll earn TPs in the same way if you booked an EK flight under the QF code
Old Jan 13, 2021, 3:39 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by andymcdonnell
I’m assuming if it has an AA code and you book it under that, you’ll earn TPs in the same way if you booked an EK flight under the QF code
No, EK is the only exception to the rule that codeshares only count on BAEC when sold as BAnnnn or operated by a oneworld airline. jetBlue is not a oneworld airline. There are thousands of oneworld codeshares which are not eligible for TPs, and indeed jetBlue has had codeshares with AA before which did not credit on BAEC. They would credit on AA. The better known example of this are the Vueling codeshares on Iberia. If BA also codeshare with jetBlue, that would be different. Sometimes Avios are credited, for example Alaska AS, on the basis of a partnership between BAEC and AS.
Old Jan 13, 2021, 3:45 am

Ah ok, pity. LHR-JFK-LAS would be an infinitely better experience if the JFK-LAS was in JetBlue mint as opposed to an AA recliner
VSLover likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2021, 3:45 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
And to add further, I think the direct comparative is AA/AS. With the current AA/AS agreement a number of AS flights have AA codeshares. However, I expect the AA/B6 arrangement to be the same when it comes to earning if credited to BAEC.

- AS metal flown under the AS number or AA metal flown under the AS codeshare earn avios only
- AS metal flown under the AA codeshare earn no avios or TPs

For AS this will change when AS join oneworld of course.
Old Jan 13, 2021, 4:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Originally Posted by andymcdonnell
... you’ll earn TPs in the same way if you booked an EK flight under the QF code
No, EK is the only exception to the rule that codeshares only count on BAEC when sold as BAnnnn or operated by a oneworld airline.
Although for shorthand, most people here talk only about QF codes on EK metal, AIUI it's still the case that it is not EK that is the exception.

The exception is QF codes on non-OW metal (which earn), which is subject to an exception of Jetstar metal (which does not earn), which is subject to a further exception of L class (which does earn).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.