Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Lounge Access at ORD - AA Itinerary - BA Exec

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge Access at ORD - AA Itinerary - BA Exec

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2021, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by bisonrav
Bear in mind it's a lounge, but not as you know it. You get quite limited food and drink options and although I heard AA were starting to use BPs for drinks, you usually get a chit for paid "premium" drink. It's ok for a pitstop but on a 5 hour layover I'd go to one of the paid restaurants personally.
That sounds like the experience in an Admirals Club. Last I was in ORD I could enter the Flagship First lounge as an OWS which was nice. This was some time 2018 though, so it might have changed.
Old Jan 2, 2021, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by BingBongBoy
I have only come to use and abuse your brains, so who knows how long I will be around...
Admit it, you love us really. Is ther not a Hyatt within the terminal at ORD where you can get something decent to eat?
I hope the BBJ job is going ok. I loved it whilst I was on it.
Old Jan 2, 2021, 5:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Originally Posted by cheltzel
+1

And well over half of the restaurants at all ORD terminals are closed due to low demand/health concerns. Your only "restaurant" option may be take out at a McDonalds and a seat at some gate. Filter the web page below for eateries in ORD T3 and you will see what I mean.

https://www.flychicago.com/ohare/eat...s/default.aspx

IMO a quiet seat in a lounge is infinitely superior to most other seating option at most US airports.
Thanks for the link, it is most helpful!

I see Wolfgang Puck Express, Uno's Pizza, Subway, Reggio's Pizza, O'Briens, Manchu Wok, Macaroni Grill, Great American Bagels, Gold Coast Dogs, Chilli's Too, Chicago Cubs Bar and Grill and Burrito Beach all open in T3... Admittedly, some not to my taste, but as stated above in other replies, it will be likely my first opportunity for something substantial to eat that day seeing how woeful AA catering is, so if I have to sit in one of these places for an hour out of my 5 hours in ORD, then it will just have to be! I appreciate your comments and points, but when a man needs food, a man needs food.... And lounge snacks probably won't cut the mustard.

VSLover likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2021, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rapidex
Admit it, you love us really. Is ther not a Hyatt within the terminal at ORD where you can get something decent to eat?
Oh I can't be faffing with security again to get back in... I will stay airside.

And, I am not on a BBJ, in fact, on the way to pick up a factory fresh G650ER on this trip, so a very exciting time! But, yes, over 4 years since I left the rabble at BA and took a chance, very glad I did...
Old Jan 2, 2021, 7:34 pm

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Thanks for the link, it is most helpful!

I see Wolfgang Puck Express, Uno's Pizza, Subway, Reggio's Pizza, O'Briens, Manchu Wok, Macaroni Grill, Great American Bagels, Gold Coast Dogs, Chilli's Too, Chicago Cubs Bar and Grill and Burrito Beach all open in T3... Admittedly, some not to my taste, but as stated above in other replies, it will be likely my first opportunity for something substantial to eat that day seeing how woeful AA catering is, so if I have to sit in one of these places for an hour out of my 5 hours in ORD, then it will just have to be! I appreciate your comments and points, but when a man needs food, a man needs food.... And lounge snacks probably won't cut the mustard.
I hope you find something that you like. Unfortunately many of the ones that are open are usually found in a suburban shopping mall's food court. And IMO are just not very good. But then again, I am something of a food snob .
Old Jan 3, 2021, 3:47 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Gold

And, I am not on a BBJ, in fact, on the way to pick up a factory fresh G650ER on this trip, so a very exciting time! But, yes, over 4 years since I left the rabble at BA and took a chance, very glad I did...
I do have to admit I was wondering why you were going to Wisconsin in the depths of winter. Makes a lot of sense now.
Old Jan 3, 2021, 8:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dcmike
I do have to admit I was wondering why you were going to Wisconsin in the depths of winter. Makes a lot of sense now.
Yes, most certainly not through choice for a holibob!

Its hardly the most enthralling of places to be headed, even shopping for the new plane means a couple of hours drive to somewhere else to find "nice" stuff...

I have my thermals at the ready!
dcmike and Speedbird Julie like this.
Old Jan 3, 2021, 8:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cheltzel
I hope you find something that you like. Unfortunately many of the ones that are open are usually found in a suburban shopping mall's food court. And IMO are just not very good. But then again, I am something of a food snob .
A reasonable "food court" meal is all I will be expecting, so I am happy with that. Unless, of course, AA blow me away with some amazing culinary delight onboard my 2H19 minute flight that will leave me so sated that I won't need anything... But, I feel that may be a dreamy fantasy of illusion.
jerry a. laska likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2021, 9:10 am

Programs: Honors Diamond
A reasonable "food court" meal is all I will be expecting, so I am happy with that. Unless, of course, AA blow me away with some amazing culinary delight onboard my 2H19 minute flight that will leave me so sated that I won't need anything... But, I feel that may be a dreamy fantasy of illusion.
I went to Reggio’s pizza last time I was at ORD. I don’t have a lot of experience of Chicago-style deep dish pizza, but it was enjoyable enough for an airport pit stop and nice to have something slight lily less generic.
Old Jan 3, 2021, 10:12 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by lcylocal
I went to Reggio’s pizza last time I was at ORD. I don’t have a lot of experience of Chicago-style deep dish pizza, but it was enjoyable enough for an airport pit stop and nice to have something slight lily less generic.
Maybe, in a post-pandemic world, you can have a layover at ORD and we could have a small side trip to one of the better Chicago style pizzerias in the area.
lcylocal likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2021, 12:57 am

Programs: UA 1K, BA GGL/CCR, TK Elite Plus, Marriott Gold4Lyfe, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Tesco Blue
The Hyatt Hilton connected to the terminals only does take-out, and only from their coffee bar now. Everything else is closed. That said, the burger was quite good for take-out, considering it was eaten from a styrofoam container on my lap.

Last edited by SkyTeem; Jan 6, 2021 at 12:13 am Reason: Oops I meant Hilton, not Hyatt.
Old Jan 4, 2021, 2:35 am

Originally Posted by SkyTeem
The Hyatt connected to the terminals only does take-out, and only from their coffee bar now. Everything else is closed. That said, the burger was quite good for take-out, considering it was eaten from a styrofoam container on my lap.
Oh dear, another idea bites the dust. Thanks for the update
Old Jan 4, 2021, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Thanks for all the information, hints and tips about a post apocalyptic ORD T3 and all...

Just fingers crossed now that the ERJ145 can cope with all my checked baggage, along with everyone else's
Old Jan 4, 2021, 8:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Worst case scenario, you could always purchase hot food from the Admirals Club bar.
BingBongBoy likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2021, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by SkyTeem
The Hyatt connected to the terminals only does take-out, and only from their coffee bar now. Everything else is closed. That said, the burger was quite good for take-out, considering it was eaten from a styrofoam container on my lap.
Oh dear, another idea bites the dust. Thanks for the update
There isn't a Hyatt connected to the terminals at O'Hare; there is a Hilton that can be accessed by the tunnels or by walking across the street from arrivals. The restaurants (sports bar, steak place, and coffee grab and go cafe in the lobby) are open with social distancing (limited seating); breakfast is grab and go only at the moment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.