Wiki Posts
Search

Travel hopes & wishes for 2021

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2020, 4:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver/OW Sapphire
Travel hopes & wishes for 2021

I'm sure there are many on here like me who love travelling and have suffered many disappointments in 2020.

The extent of my travel was 2 weekends in GIB in October & November, but ever the optimist, I've booked a lot more for 2021, the highlights being a first ever TP run to LAX & SFO in June and a trip to Australia for the Ashes in December.

What are everyone's plans for the coming year?

We can revisit this thread in a year's time to see how many actually happened!
mikeyfly likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2020, 4:47 am

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
gosh, i have not been back to the US since october 2019 and have 6 trips booked between march and september. im not worried about those because i can easily go but it is more the domestic flights i have booked starting in june that im worried about if the US covid situation does not massively improve.

the longest in my life ive gone without being in the US, seeing family and friends so ever optimistic, i look forward to spring.
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2020, 4:48 am

Programs: OWS IHG Diamond + Accor Plat, Scandic Top Level
Being able to spend FTV's without fear of cancellations would be a start...
alex67500, wb1969, Nephoi and 1 others like this.
Old Dec 31, 2020, 5:38 am

For 2021, I'm hoping to get to places I had to postpone from 2020. Thailand, Malaysia, NZ, Australia and Canada plus a slew of European trips.

Hasn't started so well though, Thailand was booked for Easter and has been cancelled. Will look for something else instead when I get home as was fortunate to fly to the Seychelles on the 19th Dec, right before the new restrictions.
Old Dec 31, 2020, 5:59 am
A13

Programs: BA Silver
2020 was supposed to be a big year for travel with HKG, PRG, LAS, YVR, SFO, BIO all cancelled.
Managed to get away to the highlands, Amalfi and Greece in Aug/Sep/Oct, all on BA.
Baby due next year so that will scupper plans to travel for a while. Have DXB booked at end of Jan (looking doubtful now) and NCE for Easter, and a distant trip to IBZ in October. Also planning to get back to NYC before xmas next year but holding out on booking anything for then until the restrictions are clearer or BA extend the confidence policy beyond August.
Old Dec 31, 2020, 7:30 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
I had 4 BA cancellations, and 4 SQ cancellations. All holidays.
Save a lot of money due to refunds, but wished we could have taken the holidays.
Will re-instate them when it is wise and possible.
Old Dec 31, 2020, 9:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver/OW Sapphire
I lost count of the cancelled flights this year. Didn't have a clue how much was wrapped up in FTVs and e-vouchers.

Eventually, and with a lot of help from the brilliant customer services crew, we managed to work it out and used them all against the cost of a single new booking.
MM00LL2 and Gastrocnemius like this.
Old Dec 31, 2020, 9:55 am

Programs: BA Silver
No flying at all this year but Corfu in May, South Africa in August and Madeira in October. Fingers crossed.
Old Dec 31, 2020, 10:56 am

Programs: BA Bronze
Having to postpone my November 2020 and now March 2021 flights to visit my aging parents back in the UK, all I would like for 2021 is being able to hug them.
Old Dec 31, 2020, 1:34 pm

I cannot wait until the USA opens its borders again fly into wherever pick up a rental and get on a road trip , 1st year since 1995 I’ve not done one

2020 I did get to go to
MAD
AGP road trip to GIB
IBZ
CPH
Old Dec 31, 2020, 1:36 pm

Only one flight booked for 2021 AMS in sept for a concert , and the tour has now been cancelled, so it looks like a day night out now 🙄
Old Dec 31, 2020, 2:16 pm

Salon Agriculture, the huge food and farm show held at Porte de Versailles, outside of Paris, has been postponed to this spring. It’s usually held last week of February to first week of March. No dates for 2021 were listed on their site. I usually go every year. I’m planning on attending but COVID may never go away.

https://en.salon-agriculture.com/

UPDATE: Because of the Covid-19 pandemic and all of the restrictions, obligations and constraints that it has meant for staging events and shows, CENECA has agreed to COMEXPOSIUM's proposal to postpone the Paris International Agricultural Show – initially scheduled to run from 27 February until 7 March 2021 – until 2022.

Jean-Luc Poulain, Chairman of CENECA said: "Although we are disappointed, the pandemic means that we all have to adopt a responsible attitude in relation to our exhibitors, corporates, teams and – of course – the visitors. We cannot risk the event being cancelled by the public authorities and all the consequences that that would mean for everyone. We are all too worried to attempt to put on an event that would only lead to disappointment".

Last edited by CosmosHuman; Dec 31, 2020 at 2:23 pm
Old Dec 31, 2020, 2:20 pm

Looking forward to seeing more than three flights on my roster, and hoping to get through my long haul training course this month and not getting lost on a 777!
IAMORGAN likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2020, 3:22 pm

Canceled a much anticipated visit to Scotland for a good friend's wedding that has been in planning for almost 2 years. Lost some money last July due to it and received some back in cash and some in vouchers after much debate w/ customer service departments as I booked primarily non refundable.

Wedding is now this July 2021, hopeful to make it there but not looking likely from the USA.

Currently booked all refundable trip to SIN, BKK, DPS in November 2021. Fingers crossed DPS and BKK get their acts together, which is looking 'ok' with BKK receiving AstraZeneca licensing for April production....not sure about DPS.
Old Dec 31, 2020, 4:32 pm

Based in SIN, wish the government would remove the 2 weeks enforced quarantine that inbound travellers need to pay at local hotels. Costs SGD 2,200 per person inclusive of PCR test, but excludes laundry charges by the hotel and any additional foods to be delivered to supplement the poor meal choices given. For a typical family of 4, this works out to a non trivial monetary and time additional cost, which effectively cripples any travel!!

I have booked BA to Europe in the summer for the family... but unless this requirement is removed, it's likely that we'd have to cancel.
clearedforlanding likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.