FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   KARFA has joined the forum's Ambassador team (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2031076-karfa-has-joined-forums-ambassador-team.html)

Oxon Flyer Dec 25, 2020 4:08 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave (Post 32911012)
Ambassadors promote the forum, Moderators moderate the forum. So good cop, bad cop. Ambassadors greet and encourage newcomers in particular, moderators often find themselves dealing with the more established inmates

Just think ‘cabin crew’ and ‘flight deck’. :p

simonsmith Dec 25, 2020 4:15 am

Wonderful news ! I am sure Karfa will be even more of an asset to the forum than he already is , if that is possible .

JessicaB Dec 25, 2020 4:46 am

Originally Posted by NWIFlyer (Post 32911872)
None of the Ambassadors, nor the moderators, work for BA and are wholly independent. The knowledge any one individual has is acquired only by travelling.

Beyond that, Internet Brands - the owner of Flyertalk - has a privacy policy which means no-one on this site should have to reveal any of their personal details.

Wow, I am even more impressed then as these guys have such a depth of knowledge into sometimes very complex issues regarding ticketing.

T8191 Dec 25, 2020 6:37 am

Congratulations, KARFA ... the Christmas gift that keeps on giving. 👍

There have been a few occasions when I’ve seen a Thread or Post where I might have a helpful contribution, only to usually discover that you’ve been there already and provided the answer/solution. Your contribution to this Forum is massive, and long may it continue!

rapidex Dec 25, 2020 6:45 am

Originally Posted by Prospero (Post 32909523)
On behalf of SanDiego1K, I am delighted to announce that KARFA has joined the Ambassador team.

All of us are very grateful for the incredible effort he has put into the forum in 2020, and of course his input in previous years. His help and patience with newcomers, in giving clear, helpful and concise answers is evidenced all around the BA forum, as well as the other forums where he is also generous with his time.

The BA forum is the most popular forum in FlyerTalk and though that is very much a collective effort, it's no secret that KARFA's efforts are very important in the forum's success. His input on the techie side of how these flying machines work is particularly noteworthy since his knowledge of this area is keenly sought by many readers.

So please join me in congratulating KARFA. Keep up the excellence!

Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer (Post 32911993)
Just think ‘cabin crew’ and ‘flight deck’. :p

Thats rather cruel:D. Still well done KARFA and merry Christmas to all.

PGberkshire Dec 25, 2020 7:46 am

First job, find all the non relevant posts and remove them.

mikeyfly Dec 25, 2020 8:03 am

Originally Posted by PGberkshire (Post 32912240)

That’s more moderation than ambassadorial

happeemonkee Dec 25, 2020 8:42 am

Congrats KARFA 👍. Well deserved

Can I help you Dec 25, 2020 10:22 am

Originally Posted by PGberkshire (Post 32912240)

Are you always that boring? 🤪

nufnuf77 Dec 25, 2020 10:43 am

Is this promoting people to ambassadors associated with passing certain decade in one's life ;) Merry christmas and congratulations, 'young' Karfa! You are a tremendous asset to us all!!!

Andriyko Dec 25, 2020 10:44 am

Dearest KARFA, congratulations! It is always a pleasure to pick up on your knowledge whether in person or online. This forum has already benefited from your presence here, and I am sure your new role will only add to it. Warm regards from Kiev.

ExpatExp Dec 25, 2020 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by Prospero (Post 32909523)
On behalf of SanDiego1K, I am delighted to announce that KARFA has joined the Ambassador team… So please join me in congratulating KARFA. Keep up the excellence!

Congratulations, KARFA :)

LondonAndy Dec 25, 2020 2:45 pm

Merry Christmas and congratulations KARFA - very well deserved. I assume that in your ambassadorial role you and CWS will be competing to welcome newbies to these parts of FT :-)? Joking aside, it is recognition of your contribution to the forum over the years. Hopefully see you at LHR again before too much of 2021 has gone by......

flyslow Dec 25, 2020 4:02 pm

Congratulations and thank you for all your help!

Originally Posted by NWIFlyer (Post 32909600)
No, only a Estonian alarm clock ;).

Can someone point me to direction where I can find a meaning of this? :D

corporate-wage-slave Dec 25, 2020 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by flyslow (Post 32913080)
Can someone point me to direction where I can find a meaning of this? :D

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...her-dates.html

It gets interesting, in this respect, from about post 1400 onwards.