FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   KARFA has joined the forum's Ambassador team (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2031076-karfa-has-joined-forums-ambassador-team.html)

Prospero Dec 24, 2020 4:20 am

KARFA has joined the forum's Ambassador team

On behalf of SanDiego1K, I am delighted to announce that KARFA has joined the Ambassador team.

All of us are very grateful for the incredible effort he has put into the forum in 2020, and of course his input in previous years. His help and patience with newcomers, in giving clear, helpful and concise answers is evidenced all around the BA forum, as well as the other forums where he is also generous with his time.

The BA forum is the most popular forum in FlyerTalk and though that is very much a collective effort, it's no secret that KARFA's efforts are very important in the forum's success. His input on the techie side of how these flying machines work is particularly noteworthy since his knowledge of this area is keenly sought by many readers.

So please join me in congratulating KARFA. Keep up the excellence!

Prospero Dec 24, 2020 4:22 am

PS. none of the above will persuade BA to put LBA back on the network map! Sorry! :p :)

ENTP Dec 24, 2020 4:23 am

Congrats and well-deserved, KARFA!

LCY8737 Dec 24, 2020 4:26 am

Congratulations!

corporate-wage-slave Dec 24, 2020 4:28 am

This beats counting mackerel at 3 in the morning! Many congratulations to young KARFA for this well deserved recognition, I think we are so lucky to have him here in the forum. Normally he's not all that keen in hogging the limelight, but for today well, tough! There is always so much interesting to read in this forun and that's something we can all take pride in, but I'm sure this is both the right time to recognise KARFA's role in keeping this forum useful and readable.

Ned1968 Dec 24, 2020 4:42 am

Congratulations KARFA! As CWS notes, this is well deserved recognition of the enormous amount of time and effort you put into making the BA Forum such a valuable resource. I for one can say that I owe you a debt of gratitude for many of the amazing trips I've had in recent years and the perks of status that I've enjoyed thanks to your advice.

Rubecula Dec 24, 2020 4:44 am

Congratulations to KARFA.

Will BA now allow him to pre board?

PGberkshire Dec 24, 2020 4:47 am

Good work! well done

RockyRobin Dec 24, 2020 4:54 am

I don’t know what it means but I feel I should say congratulations!

BarelyBAGold Dec 24, 2020 4:58 am

Indeed- congratulations KARFA and thank you for the effort that you put into the forum. And, please do let us know if BA now allow you to pre-board in order that you can put your carry-on luggage above the seat in 1C on CE 😉

Confus Dec 24, 2020 5:02 am

Originally Posted by BarelyBAGold (Post 32909559)
Indeed- congratulations KARFA and thank you for the effort that you put into the forum. And, please do let us know if BA now allow you to pre-board in order that you can put your carry-on luggage above the seat in 1C on CE 😉

Oh come on, everyone knows the lockers above row 1 are blocked for crew use on every flight... and only CWS gets special treatment here ;)

alex67500 Dec 24, 2020 5:24 am

Congrats KARFA, well deserved. I was almost certain you already were part of the team! Does it come with a Premier card? ;)

NWIFlyer Dec 24, 2020 5:35 am

Originally Posted by alex67500 (Post 32909586)
Does it come with a Premier card? ;)

No, only a Estonian alarm clock ;).

Many congratulations KARFA, or young KARFA as you're better known in these parts. This is rightful recognition of your outstanding input to the forum over several years, along with your obvious knowledge of the BA product.

smokie36 Dec 24, 2020 5:40 am

His devotion to guzzling champers on the MAN-LHR should not be overlooked...well done KARFA!

our_kid Dec 24, 2020 5:41 am

Originally Posted by Prospero (Post 32909524)
PS. none of the above will persuade BA to put LBA back on the network map! Sorry! :p :)

Boo! Well done Karfa a truly nice chap :)

Ldnn1 Dec 24, 2020 5:42 am

Excellent news, KARFA, and very well deserved indeed.

I trust that the official Ferrero Rocher pyramid will be arriving at your doorstep post-haste.

squawk Dec 24, 2020 5:46 am

Congratulations KARFA, a very well deserved accolade for all the help and advice you have so patiently dispensed. Thanks for helping to make this forum such a useful place!

Speedbird Julie Dec 24, 2020 5:53 am

Congrats Mr K!

HIDDY Dec 24, 2020 6:06 am

Great addition to the team. :tu:

The _Banking_Scot Dec 24, 2020 6:15 am

Congratulations Karfa!

Regards

TBS

Weary Nomad Dec 24, 2020 6:18 am

Congratulations KARFA. Well done and really glad your efforts have been recognised

Flexible preferences Dec 24, 2020 6:20 am

Very well deserved :tu:

Can I help you Dec 24, 2020 6:21 am

Just what I wanted for Christmas, another Mod to annoy. 🥳

noFODplease Dec 24, 2020 6:21 am

I was lucky enough to be on the receiving end of KARFA’s knowledge and help in person, when the US travel ban struck in March.

Well deserved!

Krisz Dec 24, 2020 6:33 am

Well done KARFA and congratulations. Hopefully soon can do it in person. Happy Christmas!

andymcdonnell Dec 24, 2020 6:35 am

Congratulations, very well deserved

IAMORGAN Dec 24, 2020 6:44 am

I’m sure this will be the best Christmas present KARFA will receive! I’ve certainly benefitted enormously from all of his help and guidance on various topics. The forum is definitely richer for his significant contributions over the years and I’m sure the Ambassador badge will help to highlight his knowledge to help out members.

bluemoon68 Dec 24, 2020 6:44 am

Congratulations Karfa!
Thank you for the info you provide on this board and also on the UK board.

ermis177 Dec 24, 2020 6:46 am

Sorry. I could not resist :D

AnaTravel Dec 24, 2020 6:52 am

Congratulations, KARFA. 🥂🍾

Physci Dec 24, 2020 6:56 am

Congratulations KARFA. Guess I’d better put those lawyer jokes away!

alex67500 Dec 24, 2020 7:06 am

Originally Posted by ermis177 (Post 32909749)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMlP_Moo0bE

Sorry. I could not resist :D

Except you'd be greeted by a pyramid of Nicolas Feuillate miniatures, and you'd better not waste time because he knocks them back quick :D

aks120 Dec 24, 2020 7:37 am

Nice one!

aks120

Royalscot Dec 24, 2020 7:54 am

Congratulations and very well deserved

estrangeiro8 Dec 24, 2020 7:54 am

Congratulations Karfa! Very richly deserved and I'm pleased for you. Look forward to celebrating whenever we are able to have another FT do!

TTmex Dec 24, 2020 8:12 am

Congratulations, Sir. I shall chug 4 small bottles of champagne in your honour today. In 40 minutes

rockflyertalk Dec 24, 2020 8:27 am

Merry Christmas and great work KARFA

Stay healthy.

KARFA Dec 24, 2020 8:42 am

Many thanks for all your kind comments. Sorry I can't reply to all of them individually, but I am reading them all.

It was a bit of a surprise, but I am pleased to do it. It goes without saying that anyone who comes on FT and helps others with advice and comments is always appreciated, and I would like to thank all those who have done that this year. Although we all see the ambassadors contributing often, there are many more beyond that small group who contribute and it is always very much valued and appreciated. The guides on FT generally are incredible considering people just do them on their own time, and I think the BAEC board in particular is blessed with so many useful ones. I look forward to continuing to contribute as an ambassador as well.

Beyond the usual (and of course important!) debates on seats, drink, and food, I think FT is a very useful source of knowledge and information which many come to use. There are the usual crowd of posters of course, but there are many more lurkers who read and learn from what is posted as well, and I hope more of them can be encouraged to post. We have had periods before on the BAEC board like during the IT crash where people have flooded on looking for help and advice, but never like this year which has been and continues to be so disruptive with anything to do with travel. I think it has been a testament to the FT community that so many have used what is posted to help them try to solve their booking issues or understand what their options are.

I really got in to travelling and flying relatively late in life about 10 years ago. Before 2010 all my travelling had been within Europe, and mostly on LCCs with around 2 or three trips a year. In August 2010 I did my first ever long haul trip to NYC on an AA 757 from MAN in Y :eek: I didn't know any better and wasn't even a member of a FFP at the time if you can believe such a thing. I came across FT a year or so later and spent several months just reading and learning before I posted - in fact my first post was this one on the Seoul Do back in 2012 https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/19656012-post155.html I wasn't able to go on the big weekend but I did go the weekend after. Obviously flying half way around the world for a 48 hrs has become entirely normal for me now! Hopefully it won't be too soon before we can get back to the kind of travel which looks entirely normal to an FT'er, but causes work colleagues and non FT friends to wonder whether we have lost our marbles.

I hope we can also get back to doing some FT dos in 2021. I first went to my first one in London in I think around 2013/2014. At that time I knew nobody, but it was a friendly crowd and some are now friends. For anyone who has never been, please do come along, it is a great way to meet FT'ers in real life, see if they look like what you expect, swap travel stories, and generally have a great time meeting people from a wide variety of backgrounds you might never otherwise meet in your normal social circles.

I hope everyone is having a nice Christmas break, and hopefully we will move to better times in 2021 :)

KARFA

Originally Posted by Ldnn1 (Post 32909611)
I trust that the official Ferrero Rocher pyramid will be arriving at your doorstep post-haste.

I believe supplies are on the way as we speak - although possibly being held up at Calais!

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...57504a641b.jpg

Originally Posted by NWIFlyer (Post 32909600)
No, only a Estonian alarm clock ;).

Will I ever live that down ;)

bisonrav Dec 24, 2020 8:45 am

Well done KARFA.

gliderpilot Dec 24, 2020 8:47 am

Originally Posted by alex67500 (Post 32909787)
Except you'd be greeted by a pyramid of Nicolas Feuillate miniatures, and you'd better not waste time because he knocks them back quick :D

I thought they were Lindt Lindors!

Congratulations KARFA thoroughly deserved! Wishing you a great Christmas and fingers crossed we all have a better 2021 and a chance for FTers to meet up again!