Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

New Years / Early Jan getaway : What options are left?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Years / Early Jan getaway : What options are left?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2020, 6:56 am
PxC

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Gold, Caesars Diamond
I’ve been toying with the idea of a 10 day trip to Mexico on the 30th (no test required, not old enough to be too concerned with Covid risk etc) but this thread has done a cracking job of putting me off!

The threat of tier 4 nationally and stuff being empty/closed (outside of the resorts) in PDC are the main concerns.
Old Dec 25, 2020, 7:39 am

If I would actually rather check where QR is operating instead of focusing on BA. The chance that QR flights go ahead is much larger. If BA codeshares with QR on a route, there is of course always the chance to be rebooked.

I would assume that if countries haven’t banned flights from the UK until now they won’t (of course they might always lock down entirely), so the main issue is finding flights that will depart with high confidence.

Answering the original query, I would go for MLE. This comes of course with the caveat that BA might cancel and the Maledives is typically eyewateringly expensive over NYE.

I personally don’t like Dubai as a destination, but it also seems to be a rather save bet.
Old Dec 25, 2020, 8:53 am

Programs: Aadvantage platinum; IHG Spire
Originally Posted by the810
Isn't that just another reason to get out ASAP?
except it may a) prevent you leaving b) prevent you getting back and c) probably lead to the flight getting cancelled
Old Dec 25, 2020, 8:57 am

Originally Posted by simonsmith
This week I have had 2 under 30 year old healthy patients die of Covid so sadly being under 30 and healthy does not make you invincible , please take care where ever you are.
The second thread and the second/third time the OP has been advised to be mindful when asking for advice on if/where to travel. Hopefully they'll take notice of this and the mods won't actually delete yours for deviating off subject.
ISTFlyer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.