Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA15/16 [LHR-SIN-SYD] to be operated by 787-9 from Oct 2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA15/16 [LHR-SIN-SYD] to be operated by 787-9 from Oct 2021

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2020, 12:44 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
So those ten across in Y can an enjoy an extra 1cm each
Less so because the aisles also get some!
mikeyfly likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2020, 2:53 pm

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
Originally Posted by ianwall
Would BA's 789's have the range required to operate LHR-PER-SYD, I wonder if plans for that (or similar) are under development?
I think it has been mentioned before that BA’s (relative) success with SYD relies on being able to transport pax and cargo LHR - SIN, SIN - SYD and vv, as well as the end to end travel. LHR - PER - SYD would seem to wreck that economic case.
ianwall likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2020, 3:23 pm

Programs: BA GGL, GfL, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, AllAccor Diamond, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Personally, I am just relieved that the route has (for now at least) survived. Australia doesn’t even start vaccines until March 2021 and its low infection rate means high vulnerability to exponential epidemic growth once borders are open (even if that does result in only mild disease).

All that said, I will happily take the 789 to the land of my childhood. A few weeks in the awesome beauty down under and I will really feel like this crisis has passed.
Old Dec 2, 2020, 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by HFHFFlyer
Personally, I am just relieved that the route has (for now at least) survived. Australia doesn’t even start vaccines until March 2021 and its low infection rate means high vulnerability to exponential epidemic growth once borders are open (even if that does result in only mild disease).

All that said, I will happily take the 789 to the land of my childhood. A few weeks in the awesome beauty down under and I will really feel like this crisis has passed.
Australia has ordered over 5 doses of vaccine per head so from that point of view they're in a strong position. The question is whether they'll reopen after the vulnerable population has been vaccinated, or if they'll want a very high level of population coverage first.

It's New Zealand that's in a much weaker position, with a 15-th of the vaccine amount on order, at 1 dose for every 3 heads.
Old Dec 2, 2020, 5:18 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue (back to Earth)
Do BA force dim the windows on the B787? I thought they were one of the rare carriers to leave you the choice?
Old Dec 2, 2020, 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by skipness1E
Do BA force dim the windows on the B787? I thought they were one of the rare carriers to leave you the choice?
11½-hour daytime flight in darkness

There's no way to keep everyone happy.
skipness1E likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2020, 2:24 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
I have a BA11/12 booking to Singapore and back departing mid-May and returning early June, which has just been down-gauged from A380 to 77W. One has to wonder if/when the A380 will be back on the SIN rotation...
Old Dec 3, 2020, 3:52 am

Originally Posted by gcuk
Qantas 789s have 3-3-3 in the back and their LHR-PER-MEL flights were carrying good loads.
Good loads is not an indication of how comfortable passengers are, or how they feel in the hours/days after the flight!
I was excited about the prospect of nonstop flights to Australia, but have vowed never to take the nonstop to PER on a dreamliner in Economy.
Old Dec 3, 2020, 3:57 am

Programs: Hotels.com Gold, BA Exec, 1M Green Sheild Stamps
Does anyone know if the 2-4-1 reward seats are being released in F at midnight to SIN currently?

I got F to SIN a couple of years ago, and want to go again next winter, I did a dummy check last weekend and they had all gone (SIN, KUL, HKG, even tried BKK)

Looks to me as if Club and Economy are being released, but not First or Premium Econ.

I have managed to see a couple of F seats to KUL over the past month or so.
Old Dec 3, 2020, 3:58 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by cauchy
11½-hour daytime flight in darkness

There's no way to keep everyone happy.
as noted in that thread, crew on BA aircraft should not lock out control of the windows on the 787.
Old Dec 3, 2020, 4:00 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by DanAirLondon
Does anyone know if the 2-4-1 reward seats are being released in F at midnight to SIN currently?

I got F to SIN a couple of years ago, and want to go again next winter, I did a dummy check last weekend and they had all gone (SIN, KUL, HKG, even tried BKK)

Looks to me as if Club and Economy are being released, but not First or Premium Econ.

I have managed to see a couple of F seats to KUL over the past month or so.
BA only guarantee availability in Club and Economy at T-355
Old Dec 3, 2020, 4:05 am

Programs: Hotels.com Gold, BA Exec, 1M Green Sheild Stamps
Originally Posted by wilsnunn
BA only guarantee availability in Club and Economy at T-355
Yeah thanks, I just wondered if anyone had grabbed F at T-355 recently
Old Dec 3, 2020, 4:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Similarly, my mid-June trip to Singapore has changed from the 77W to 789 on the outbound (good news as I'm in CW and have now moved to the mini cabin), and from the A380 to the 77W on the return (less good news as I'm in F).
Old Dec 3, 2020, 6:39 am

Originally Posted by Genius1
Similarly, my mid-June trip to Singapore has changed from the 77W to 789 on the outbound (good news as I'm in CW and have now moved to the mini cabin), and from the A380 to the 77W on the return (less good news as I'm in F).
We have one way from LHR to SYD at the end of May, and got an email this morning that our selected seats were changed. Upon checking I noticed the aircraft has been changed from B777 to B787. It will be on tender hook whether the flight will operate due to covid restrictions - conditional on when Australia will re-open its borders. We will have to get the jabs, we are 5th down on the government list - wait until we are called, I supposed. We are not keen on the current 14 days mandatory prison hotel quarantine in Australia at own cost. Hope things will improve with the availability of vaccines.
Old Dec 3, 2020, 10:47 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by LondonElite
I believe the 777-9 is 10 cm wider than the -200/-300.
Yep it's wider, but only internally as they have reduced the depth of the sidewalls. The external fuselage dimensions are the same as all other 777s.
LondonElite likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.