Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Free 1500 Avios/Small BA Amex Prem Offer

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2020, 10:09 am

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Sigh, perhaps I need to switch Amex cards. All I have on my platinum rewards one is 19 different hotel offers desperately vying for my attention (and failing, miserably...)
Old Dec 1, 2020, 10:17 am

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott Amb, Hyatt Glob
What an odd incentive.. What do you think they need the quick 7.5m for? One of the VPs going all in on red?
Old Dec 1, 2020, 10:58 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by peter.r.erskine
Also potentially seems like it applies retroactively.. I added it to my card this morning and just got an email saying "thanks for using it"..
i think that this must be a bug (what a surprise) as I have 0 transactions on this card at present and I also just got the “you just used your Avios offer” email....
Old Dec 1, 2020, 11:08 am

I am one of the 75,000 ! Thanks for flagging this Peter.
Old Dec 1, 2020, 11:19 am

Programs: BA Silver (for now)
Originally Posted by peter.r.erskine
Not sure if there was a more appropriate thread but noticed this on my BA Prem Amex offer page today. Not much but basically seems like a free 1500 avios coming up to Christmas if you save it to your card and make one purchase over £100. First 75,000 card holders to apply it.

Thank you! Basically free avios
Old Dec 1, 2020, 11:21 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by jjLDNY
What an odd incentive.. What do you think they need the quick 7.5m for? One of the VPs going all in on red?
Didn't they pre-buy a load of Avios a while back? Wonder if they have limits on when they have to be issued by.
Old Dec 1, 2020, 11:51 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Miles & More Silver, Privilege Club Silver
Originally Posted by ratechaser
Sigh, perhaps I need to switch Amex cards. All I have on my platinum rewards one is 19 different hotel offers desperately vying for my attention (and failing, miserably...)
Ditto
Would have helped to reduce my negative Avios balance.

Last edited by BESTEDIFLYER; Dec 1, 2020 at 12:24 pm
Old Dec 1, 2020, 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by WoodleyBeacon
I've something different on my Blue card which is not quite so good IMO, it's spend £500 anywhere, get 500 Avios. However I can use it twice and I have until January 31st to use it. (Likewise only available to the first 75,000 members who save the offer.)
I’ve saved this offer, is it for 1 x £500 in one purchase or £500 just spent on everyday bits
Old Dec 1, 2020, 2:13 pm

Programs: BA Blue, Marriott Plat Life, UA Silver (thx Marriott), IHG Gold, Accor Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by A13
Saved. Not on supplementary card too though, unfortunately!
Wishful thinking.
As a matter of interest, to get the supplementary card on, have you registered a separate Amex login or just added it to your account?

T
Old Dec 1, 2020, 2:46 pm

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by BESTEDIFLYER
Ditto
Would have helped to reduce my negative Avios balance.
...which goes to show there's always someone worse off than yourself. My balance is about to get a very substantial boost courtesy of Nutmeg so I can't really complain, but my Amex offers have been rubbish for months now.
Old Jul 10, 2021, 3:38 am

Programs: BA LTG, UA Gold, EK Silver, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium, IHG Plat
Noticed this in my offers in my BA Amex card account - Since more of us are going on holiday, a diversion for a night or two to a Marriott branded hotel (check which hotels are participating) might get a nice slug of Avios

Offer details

Get 5000 Avios when spending £200+ at Marriott Bonvoy participating locations until 31st August 2021. Offer only available to the first 30,000 Cardmembers who save the offer to their card. Terms and payment restrictions apply.
Old Jul 10, 2021, 4:26 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Miles & More Silver, Privilege Club Silver
Originally Posted by ratechaser
Not on my card or Mrs B either, maybe we are spending too much and don’t need an incentive!!!
Old Jul 10, 2021, 4:33 pm
LPQ

Programs: TG *G 20 years
The Ts and Cs include a provision to Book, pay and stay before 31 August 2021 at check out only. To avoid the Marriott prepayment rates you must select one of the more expensive flexible rates.
Old Jul 11, 2021, 9:43 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite & Lifetime Gold, Heathrow Rewards Premium, Tesco Clubcard
Originally Posted by moral_low_ground
Noticed this in my offers in my BA Amex card account - Since more of us are going on holiday, a diversion for a night or two to a Marriott branded hotel (check which hotels are participating) might get a nice slug of Avios

Offer details

Get 5000 Avios when spending £200+ at Marriott Bonvoy participating locations until 31st August 2021. Offer only available to the first 30,000 Cardmembers who save the offer to their card. Terms and payment restrictions apply.
Originally Posted by LPQ
The Ts and Cs include a provision to Book, pay and stay before 31 August 2021 at check out only. To avoid the Marriott prepayment rates you must select one of the more expensive flexible rates.
Yes I have this too \o/

So would one receive 5000 Avios after 31st August? I.e to prevent anyone from claiming the Avios and then cancelling a flexible booking?
Old Jul 11, 2021, 11:19 am

Programs: BA LTG, UA Gold, EK Silver, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Paren
Yes I have this too \o/

So would one receive 5000 Avios after 31st August? I.e to prevent anyone from claiming the Avios and then cancelling a flexible booking?
No, you would get the bonus as soon as you have stayed (assuming you have ticked all the requirements boxes).
Paren likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.